NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

The Highs And The Woes Of Preordering

You haven't it's Argos' fault for being useless. Have you chased them to collect? I wonder if the people waiting have even been told what's happened.

Yeah, called them on the day of delivery and again this morning. They took the order numbers of the other two so I hope they've told them what's going on.

Dunno how a delivery driver can deliver a stack of boxes without even looking at the addresses on the front of them.

i know one of my friends had a bit of trouble with woolworths they said they would have his wii on 8th but a day before said he wasn't. . . . . but all wasn't bad news as they had one sent to him on the 13th on there second batch.

Thing is, they aren't coming for the second Wii till Monday, so by the time they get it back, will there be enough time to send it to the Wii-needy...?

Same for my hmv pre-order! got a call at 9:45 this morning telling me it was in! sod's law that it comes in the day I've gone back home from uni for the xmas holidays! so I've bezzed along the m62 this morning and I'm back now and trying to set it up!! must talk less, play more!! :yay: :yay:

i have played 2 and a half hours of zelda alredy but still at the beggining fishing was frustrating as i have liitle patience. my favourite wii sports game is boxing

Still got 3 of them. Argos said they'll send someone to pick up the extra 2 on Tuesday but they were supposed to do that on monday too and did they bollocks. Feel like I've stolen Christmas from the 2 people they were actually addressed to.

Mate, I think you should be applauded for what you're doing. You're doing the decent thing and sending it back. When someone does get that Wii, which they should've got in the first place if it weren't for fecking Argos, I bet they could kiss you. :heh:

I finally got my Wii from Bart Smit in the Netherlands 2 days ago. I've played Wii Sports and Zelda and am loving the controls. Even my family likes it a lot. (They normally don't play games because the controls are too difficult). My mother even offered to buy a second controller.:D

Woolies charged me for the thing on the 13th but the order is still "processing" apparently. They can't charge until they've packaged/dispatched it I thought. I'm waiting. Patiently. *nervous twitch*. I've got a nice pile of Wii stuff though. Wiimote, Nunchuck, Memory Card, Points Card, Rayman. But no Wii. There's something wrong there.

Woolies charged me for the thing on the 13th but the order is still "processing" apparently. They can't charge until they've packaged/dispatched it I thought. I'm waiting. Patiently. *nervous twitch*. I've got a nice pile of Wii stuff though. Wiimote, Nunchuck, Memory Card, Points Card, Rayman. But no Wii. There's something wrong there.

As i menteioned above one of my friends had some problems with woolworths. I know they charged him to the wii long before they dispatched it. After 'processing' his order was on 'ready to dispatch' for a good few days, then it just turned up at his house! Did you pre-order urs from there or did u order it once it had released? I know he pre-ordered his about 2 weeks before launch and his came on Thursday 14th.

I ordered mine in November. I had a little blip (accidentally used my old credit card) but corrected it on Dec. 1st. Basically it's been processing since the 12th (was on ready to dispatch before that which is weird). Mine's being delivered to my local store for pick up though. I may go round and badger them later.

Yer sounds like a good idea! They probably already have your console in there store but the system is all messed up. Well i im correct, store pick-up is quite a new thing for them so maybe the order tracking on there website has not updated properly! I mean it was telling my mate that it was ready to dispatch and then just turned up at his door! lol

Congrats to all those who have been returning your Multi-Wii's as the pre-orders have started trickling through - Reggie would be proud. :)

Well I claimed my Wii from Amazon as many know (last Moday) and last night was when my Batteries decided to give up the ghost. I had been playing WindWaker (currently in the dungeon where you have to reflect light with the harp). Went to start playing another GC game - and to my horror my Wiimote stoped working..no manner of re-synching was helping...But alas my girlfriend had the good sense to point out about new batteries. TishTosh I thought I aint played that much CoD3 and RedSteel and def nothing much of TP (saving myself for after WindWaker is complete). But low and behold....she was right..

I reckon she's been sneaking extra gameage when I'm not there! :)

Just went into Woolies to chase it up. They're not actually incompetent which is good.

Anyways, here's the deal: my Wii was dispatched on the 8th apparently. So it's strange that my card was charged 4 days later (although it could just be a delay due to the weekend). But it's not arrived in store yet apparently which is strange. Ok, knock off 4 days for weekends. That's 6 days of transit time and considering they ship these to the store by first class post you'd expect it would have arrived by now. I'm getting edgy.

i have just ordered one from gameplay they dont have any in stock at the moment but i thought i would order one now that way in on the list next time they get some in and i can still ask around the local shops if they have any in