NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

The Highs And The Woes Of Preordering

im ringing round town on monday to cheack for more deliveries

Any luck in finding any free stock?

nope still no wii for me hopefully getting one soon thoi have a source thats getting some in on thursday but dont wanna say incase i jynx it and they all go if i get one i will let you all know straight after

IM NOT WITH GAMESTATION I AM WITH HMV I WANT TO KNOW WHEN THE OFFICIAL SECOND BATCH IS COMING

I pre-ordered my Wii from PC World, got an e-mail Thursday morning saying your order is being processed, await a third e-mail confirming dispatch. Later that day got an e-mail saying we are sorry blah blah blah your not getting a Wii tomorrow. Great. Then to rub it in this morning I got Red Steel which I ordered from choices UK, its been on my desk taunting me all day lol. Also PC World said they have dispatched my extra nun-chuck, so in a couple of days ill have not only a game, but a nun-chuck as well, woooo... they have a asured me though i will recive a Wii before chirstmas so im happy lol.
THEY SAID THE SAME THING TO ME!!!

turns out some motherfucker called chloe cancelled my order because my mother and i dont share the same name. how odd.

STUPID ****!! So i have to call back tomorrow to speak to a supervisor.

NEVER USE PCWORLD!!

Well I was fairly happy with PCWorld. Received my Wii and 3 extra nunchucks. Just waiting for Wii Play and 2 extra controllers.

ChoicesUK, however, failed to delivered Monkey Ball and I'm still waiting. Mind you, I don't mind waiting as I only paid £29 for it :D

I'm still waiting for Zelda from HMV but for £28 it's worth the couple of days wait. I wish my extra remote was coming sooner though.

IM NOT WITH GAMESTATION I AM WITH HMV I WANT TO KNOW WHEN THE OFFICIAL SECOND BATCH IS COMING

:grin: sorry lol end of the week for all?

Well, I've had the worst experience ever.

Ordered with Amazon, and dispatched Thursday evening. I don't have my Wii even now.

I was told at various points over the weekend that I would be getting it, but I was told today that it has been lost. I have had Zelda since Friday, but no Wii to play it on. With the current stock shortages, I won't even be able to get one until the new year.

Thanks a lot, Parcelforce, you've ruined my Christmas. :cry:

Well, I've had the worst experience ever.

Ordered with Amazon, and dispatched Thursday evening. I don't have my Wii even now.

I was told at various points over the weekend that I would be getting it, but I was told today that it has been lost. I have had Zelda since Friday, but no Wii to play it on. With the current stock shortages, I won't even be able to get one until the new year.

Thanks a lot, Parcelforce, you've ruined my Christmas. :cry:

I have had the exact same problem, except mine came from Gameplay and it was apparently stolen by some Parcelforce employee - it didn't even make it onto the van on Thursday night. A call to Gameplay revealed that they actually had 5 others stolen, too.. out of thousands of preorders. What are the odds, eh?

Gameplay are apparently sending me a Wii from their latest batch which are supposed to be coming in sometime this week, so it may be worth having a go at Amazon for something similar. If this next one is stolen i'm actually going to drive to the Parcelforce depot and crack some skulls.

So the seond batch is this week then? Man Im going to ring gamestation tommorow this lack of commuincation is crap to be honest.

most retailers got their second batch on monday apparently

... what the hell. Oh ffs this is just crap. If I dont get one before christmas I am going to be pissed.

I'm still waiting for Zelda from HMV but for £28 it's worth the couple of days wait. I wish my extra remote was coming sooner though.

Did you get that Zelda from HMV? because Im still waiting for mine. I phoned them up and asked when the Zelda shipment is due and they told me shortlt, however they had no specifics and said if I didn't have it by the 15th it would be best to buy elsewhere.:weep:

anyone had any luck with HMV online?:hmm:

No my Zelda still hasn't turned up from HMV even though it says it was dispatched on Friday. I ended up going into town and buying it, I'll sell the HMV one if it ever arrives.

i just got wii play and a nunchuck but still no console, i also have zelda and red stell as well.so friday seems to be the second batch or not??

I have had the exact same problem, except mine came from Gameplay and it was apparently stolen by some Parcelforce employee - it didn't even make it onto the van on Thursday night. A call to Gameplay revealed that they actually had 5 others stolen, too.. out of thousands of preorders. What are the odds, eh?

Gameplay are apparently sending me a Wii from their latest batch which are supposed to be coming in sometime this week, so it may be worth having a go at Amazon for something similar. If this next one is stolen i'm actually going to drive to the Parcelforce depot and crack some skulls.

Well I tried with Amazon, but they wouldn't let me do that because they don't know when they're getting stock in.

I "preordered" (pfft!) a Wii today with Gameplay, so if by magic (it is Xmas afterall...) they have some stock left I might get one from there. Otherwise, I'll just keep an eye on Amazon.

So are Amazon just offering you a refund Chipseh? I suppose it's not their fault if they don't have the stock but I'd expect them to try a bit harder.

I recieved my 2nd wiimote this morning from gameplay... now at christmas i can beat my bro :D

Yep, just getting a refund... pretty crap tbh.

Parcelforce will ring me tomorrow to see if they can "find" it, but it's a load of rubbish.