NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

The Highs And The Woes Of Preordering

picked up my lovely Wii earlier today... but ha ha they should have put Zelda aside for me as well.. but they forgot.. went into another store and voila.. they had like 7 copies of the game... also bought the classic controller and Rayman.. which is very funny.. love shooting those plungers..

But also got a call from another place i preordered.. they were wondering when I was going to pick up my wii.. he he

and now some sleep... was at a xmas celebration last night.. phew

I went to town today with desperate hope my Wii arrived early. No luck :weep:

Wednesday earliest. That sucks.

who do you blame for the preorder shambles, nintendo or the stores. i dont care i just want my consle

Joy for me, Games have been dispatched from Aamzon and will be here Monday or Tuesday :D

GAME was fine, I just went in and picked it up with Zelda. Although I spent ten minutes at the till because she didn't do my Xbox trade-in......

Still waiting on my Gameplay order to arrive from Parcelfarce. You know, the one that should've arrived on Friday.

Gonna give them hell on the phone on Monday morning.

High, being allocated A wii at launch and having it delivered to my house on friday morning.

Low: Being 170 miles away from my house until the 14th.

the second batch of wiis is surely almost upon us, by next friday my wii will be mine, if not i will ask for lots of compensation for being the only store without second batches, zelda tp is almost mocking me

High:

Waking up at quarter past 6 and being second in line at half past.

having a great chat with the peopel who queued up.

Lo's:

Realising today that I think the guy didnt take the reward card points off my card.

Anyone any idea when the second batch is coming gamestation or otherwise? Please dont say this Friday. Im so screwed if thats true... :cry:

My extra nunchuck and wiimote didn't arrive with the wii so the tension between me, my bro and the prospect of boxing is building up.

I fear if it doesn't arrive soon I may just knock him out to get it out my system then fire on Zelda before the police arrive.

posatives:

went out today and got zelda and a wii-play plus a wii-mote

negatives:

had to place a pre-order for coz i actually doubted it will sell out in woolworths, and it did. gotta wait till next weeks delivery. 8th on the pre-order list.

high: being second in the queue at a midnight launch and meeting some pretty nice people during the 5 hour wait (i beat them all at mario kart DS and Tetris :D)

low: Gamestation not having any WiiPlay in on launch night (or launch week apparently for this store) and not having enough money to get all the games i want lol

erm sold Wii and some stuff made £140

Sold a Wii compoent cable for £78 and made £60 off one little crappy cable :D

high: The whole purchasing & walking there/back going very smoothly. Third in queue (first just wanted Zelda tho, no Wii), first one out of the shop. Spent around 4 minutes in there.

low: Illness from what I can only guess was improperly cooked tea from the night before.

Gamestation sorted out my Wii just fine, even after only confirming it had been transferred on Tuesday. They didn't let me preorder any games, but I got all I wanted except for Wii Play, which I've been told I can come and get from my local Game on Monday.

i have heard rumours of a second shipment in the uk on friday is this probably true

Anyone any idea when the second batch is coming gamestation or otherwise? Please dont say this Friday. Im so screwed if thats true... :cry:

Why are you screwed, I think the next shipments are this Friday!

Im happy about that tbh:santa:

friday would be good but actually im going to be set an ENGLISH ESSAY ON THAT DAY

I think another batch came in today cos HMV called to say my Wii was ready and when they called on Friday they said they thought they would be getting them on Monday

High: Going to HMV Oxford Street at 9:00 to que for 14 hours and then finding out I only had to sign my name and come back in the evening, and then being able to give my brother-in-law my other pre-=rder so his niece, who only told him the previouse night that she wanted a Wii, could get one!

Low: Waiting for damn Amazon to tell me something about when my composite cables are going to be ready, (estimated shipping time 7th to arrive next day, last time I checked it was the 10th and I still have no idea when they are coming!) And waiting 1 for 1 more week of Uni to end so I can get stuck into Zelda....hopefully WITH the composite cables!!

P.S. Does anyone know anything about Amazon and their Composite Cables??? Thanks

Why are you screwed, I think the next shipments are this Friday!

Im happy about that tbh:santa:

Because I wont be here to pick it up :(

How long will they hold onto it for me? Man this is bad this cant happen! :cry:

Lows: Woolworths not having the stock to fufill my pre-order. And still not having it.

Highs: Erm..

I pre-ordered my Wii from PC World, got an e-mail Thursday morning saying your order is being processed, await a third e-mail confirming dispatch. Later that day got an e-mail saying we are sorry blah blah blah your not getting a Wii tomorrow. Great. Then to rub it in this morning I got Red Steel which I ordered from choices UK, its been on my desk taunting me all day lol. Also PC World said they have dispatched my extra nun-chuck, so in a couple of days ill have not only a game, but a nun-chuck as well, woooo... they have a asured me though i will recive a Wii before chirstmas so im happy lol.

THEY SAID THE SAME THING TO ME!!!

turns out some motherfucker called chloe cancelled my order because my mother and i dont share the same name. how odd.

STUPID ****!! So i have to call back tomorrow to speak to a supervisor.

NEVER USE PCWORLD!!

EDIT::::

Just called back, had a bit of a moan, promised me it will be with me by thursday. YUSS!

(though i owe my mother £50 for it still so it will prob be considered a xmas present, damn it!)

turns out some motherfucker called chloe cancelled my order because my mother and i dont share the same name. how odd.

Thats just the daftest oddest thing I've heard, but at least it has worked out for you in the end.

I how ever am building my Wii piece by piece. As I said before I have Red Steel, and now today I have recieved my nun-chuck :). I must say its very very cool and sleek in deisgn, and it fits in my hand just perfectly. I've now just gotta wait for everything else now so i can actually play it, untill then im just going to hold the nun-chuck and pretend lol.