NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

The Highs And The Woes Of Preordering

I have Zelda but nothing to play it on. Royal Mail surprisingly efficient, but I'm really sad right now. Don't cry for me, I'll read the manual.

Same here, and getting Monkey Ball tomorrow. And I wouldn't say Gameplay shafted anyone, it was Nintendo having a problem with Supply. We're getting a free game and a £10 online voucher.

I've got one off ebay coming in the next 10 days anyway.

Queued up putside GAME form half 6 till they opened at 8.

I want to write an article about this instead. I relaly remember a lot about it. How some parts were silly, the big grin on my face as I left to store.

It's not that amazon screwed me, they dispatched the items fine and I've got Zelda, it just annoys me how my Wii is just sitting somewhere in a depot when Parcel Force had all day to deliever it.

As I said in the other topic that I have to wait till tuesday for the games and around saturday and monday for the console.

As I said in the other topic that I have to wait till tuesday for the games and around saturday and monday for the console.

Is this because your waiting on gamestation 2nd batch? Man why dont they know by now?

Is this because your waiting on gamestation 2nd batch? Man why dont they know by now?

Because I have order the games from Amazon and the console from Argos.

I hope I dont have to wait long for them.

are hmv going to have a second batch? i have preordered and are second position in the list after launch

I pre-ordered my Wii from PC World, got an e-mail Thursday morning saying your order is being processed, await a third e-mail confirming dispatch. Later that day got an e-mail saying we are sorry blah blah blah your not getting a Wii tomorrow. Great. Then to rub it in this morning I got Red Steel which I ordered from choices UK, its been on my desk taunting me all day lol. Also PC World said they have dispatched my extra nun-chuck, so in a couple of days ill have not only a game, but a nun-chuck as well, woooo... they have a asured me though i will recive a Wii before chirstmas so im happy lol.

Argos got me my Wii and Zelda on launch day when I pre-ordered under two weeks ago.

Edit: that's the website btw.

Anyone know why Amazon might not have shipped my games yet? I guess it'd be cuz they've run out of Wii Play or something, but it still says:

Items dispatching soon:

Delivery estimate: 8 Dec 2006 - 9 Dec 2006

Unless it turns up in 1 hour 30 mins... :P

Preordering was definately the way to go! Im in Wii bliss right now

Got..

Wii Console - HMV

Wii Play - HMV

Zelda -Play3k

Extra Nunchuck - Goldenshop.hk

Classic Controller - Goldenshop.hk

COMPONENT CABLES! - Goldenshop.hk

Went awesome. 3rd in line, went swiftly (except from the somewhat faulty chip and pin machine), had my wii within 5 minutes of entering the store.

Thing was, most of the staff 'forgot' they had to subtract the deposit from the total ammount spent, I made sure they took mine off, wankers.

Over all, awesome.

It's not that amazon screwed me, they dispatched the items fine and I've got Zelda, it just annoys me how my Wii is just sitting somewhere in a depot when Parcel Force had all day to deliever it.

yup. whats annoying for me, is I won't be in 9-13:30 tomorrow, which is most likely when parcel force will try to deliver. generally they are retards, and rather than going to the depot thats a 30 minute walk from my house, they take it to one thats an hour drive away.. and I'm off in the evening too. gits. so my Wii may not come for a while yet.

yup. whats annoying for me, is I won't be in 9-13:30 tomorrow, which is most likely when parcel force will try to deliver. generally they are retards, and rather than going to the depot thats a 30 minute walk from my house, they take it to one thats an hour drive away.. and I'm off in the evening too. gits. so my Wii may not come for a while yet.

Mine delivered at 1:04pm.

I preordered at E-plaza in the Netherlands, I was number 23. Of course they got 20 and they have no idea when the next shipment's going to come so I'm a bit pissed right now. Especially because I got Zelda in the mail yesterday.

I'll probably have to wait a week or maybe 2 before I can play it :(.

I was 5th there were 6 pre-orders!!! I got there at 4:30 and it was the last one in the shop, it had a little sticker with my name on it! The shop is renowned for being really cheap so I got mine for £175. They got 15 in that one shop, but it is the main shop over the chain of shops they have over scotland and northern england. So if some of you got up to Newcastle at 9 yesterday morning, you would have found (maybe a que) 9 console at your grasp. They also had loads of Wii Plays £30 , extra Nunchucks £14 , Red Steel £35, Zelda £35.....and Happy Feet. I couldnt see no component cables though

Both Gameplay and Game websites came through for me.

Best bit of preordering for me was the waiting for the Parcel Force van with everyone on here doing the same. The Preorder thread was a great laugh yesterday morning/afternoon.

Best bit of preordering for me was the waiting for the Parcel Force van with everyone on here doing the same. The Preorder thread was a great laugh yesterday morning/afternoon.

Yeah, what with me getting stressed and then the coming home from the lesson lol. (I found out that there was actually a lesson!) Although it was painful at the time you can only look back at it with a smile on your face.

For me a lot of it is the excitement and suspense of waiting all day for the console to arrive, which meant it was even more disapointing for me, knowing everyone was waiting and I knew I wouldn't be getting one.

Preordered with currys quite some time ago, I was about 8th on the list.

Turns out they don't have my wii, I don't know the details but it seems preorders and deposits don't mean very much...

Though I ordered zelda off amazon with free super-saver delivery recently and it arrived Friday morning (before my mate's who ordered express delivery :s) so I'm just staring longingly at the box and my new TV. Sigh.

Apparantly HMV say

If your order status is 'Special Order' then you can rest assured that the utmost is being done to acquire your item, though delays may occur if the item is out of stock with the suppliers. We are unable to provide you with an exact date that the ordered item will reach us.

Anyone reckon I'll get Zelda and Madden before X-mas or should I just cancel and try my luck elsewhere?

Game delivered, as always. Parcelforce seemed a bit slow getting it to me, but that's just because i'd been waiting since 8am and time was dragging. I have no complaints in reflection.

The same thing happened to me, I called parcel force and they said I'd definately get it by 17:30 yesterday but it didn't come. I thought I'd be waiting until Monday but it came this morning so it wasn't so bad after all.

Zelda has been dispatched from HMV but I don't know when to expect it, I hope it comes on Monday. The remote from there is still showing as a pre-order so I probably wont get that until atleast the Monday after.

I want Zelda!