NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

The Highs And The Woes Of Preordering

Thread Suggested By Blender

Launch day has come and has almost gone. Some of you were left feeling disappointed, whilst some of you are rejoicing with your new consoles.

So, how did your retailer pull through? Did Game leave you out in the cold? Were you part of the crew who were shafted by Gameplay? Was WoolWorthes your saving grace?

Talk about it here.

GAME delivered for me. They had tonnes of Wiis and even Wii plays. If you pre-order from a shop, rather than online, it will do you better in the long run.

Thread Suggested By Blender

Launch day has come and has almost gone. Some of you were left feeling disappointed, whilst some of you are rejoicing with your new consoles.

So, how did your retailer pull through? Did Game leave you out in the cold? Were you part of the crew who were shafted by Gameplay? Was WoolWorthes your saving grace?

Talk about it here.

well my experience with curry's (online) was fantastic, apart from the 10% discount and free delivery, i was told i would get the console 5 days after launch but low and behold on launch day it arrived, wow simply awesome now i know who i will be pre ordering my PS3 from and hopefully there will be another discount code posted

Gamestation failed me luckly so did my tv so I would be crying ironically if I had a wii now so its all good. Gaurenteed one before christmas. That better happen...

Gamestation came through for me today, I ordered from their website 23 October. I had been worrying that I might not get one but they phoned last week to confirm. Had to pop down to GAME at 9 this morning to grab a copy of Zelda, Red Steel, Wii Play and a nun-chuk. I'm just glad I got everything I wanted.

Everyone was a cock, I walked 30 minutes to an out of town industrial estate and Bennets came through.

No pre-order.. I felt a bit bad because they had a ton of accesories that they're not gonna be able to sell until they get restocked.

Oh well. I couldn't afford them.

i was two places away from getting one in the pre order list, is everywhere going to get more shipments?

I pre-ordered with GAME around mid October and they pulled through for me, now i have a Wii and a couple of other things too which is great

Everything went smoothly. Game had everything I wanted and I got it within about 2mins of entering the store.

I regret not pre-ordering. But I'll get one in a few months, so I'll be ok until then. :) By the way, feel free to invite me around to your house if you have a Wii so I can play on one now :)

Tesco's Coventry, no pre-order, 8 hours of queuing and Bang, I have a Wii+Zelda. Man am I happy :D worth the long queuing and nintendo DS-battling. Sitting down in Isle32 and chatted about Ninty stuff to strangers, Great stuff. :)

I have Zelda but nothing to play it on. Royal Mail surprisingly efficient, but I'm really sad right now. Don't cry for me, I'll read the manual.

Got to town about 8am to wait outside John Lewis for their 9am opening where I knew they had ten non-preordered stock. 3rd in line behind an older woman getting it for her grandson who was apparently getting someone to come down to make sure she got to the Wii first as she thought we'd all push past her, despite her standing there the longest in the cold, since 8am. Though that wasn't needed. A brisk jog through the shop after doors opened at 9am, and our group mounted the two escalators to the Electrical department.. to find people already there. Getting up to the counter, a woman was just being told ".. and that's the last one." That was it. All sold.

No one from our group standing outside got one. The other people must have come up from another entrance, most probably the car park. Utterly gutted. In the next few hours drove round to various places. Tried Asda, Virgin, Curries, Toys R Us, PC World, Tescos, Bennetts, Morrisons, Woolworths (who said my now delayed pre-order might take two weeks), Boots, Jarrolds and Debenhams.. before finally admitting defeat.

So wanted to mug anyone I saw with a GAME bag.

Quite a story.

Checked Amazon last night, Wii and Nunchuk dispatched, but not SMB, Zelda or Wii Play. Thought to myself, oh well, I can live with Wii Sports. Tell my sister to be awake for the package.

Next day, get to college, track my package. At 1:05pm, turns out the Parcelforce delivery man tried to deliver but the recipient wasn't in. IE, my sister was SLEEPING.

Come home all angry and pissy and sulk on my computer chair for a while. Go to check the rest of the post, and in biro on a christmas card envelope it said 'Pkt in green bin'. So I check outside, and there sits a brown package containing a Nunchuk.

In a nutshell? I have a Nunchuk but no console to play it on, as well as no extra controller to use with it :P

I was pissed up until I found the Nunchuk, which made my day and I realised how funny the situation was to me. I'm picking up the Wii tomorrow from my local Parcelforce depot :D

As for my games, however, no good news to report. At the moment the status on them has been 'Items soon to be dispatched', and has been like that since 2am last night. Looks like I'll have a Wiikend of solo Wii Sports..aw. Oh well.

Woe

Not getting Wii Play at midnight

High

Going midnight launch and getting home safely

Eventually getting Everything I wanted

I pre-ordered with Currys over a month ago, got a phonecall from them on Monday saying I was 99% certain to get one today, only for them to phone me up to tell me that the other 1% was going to be the case. I could've waited until the 16th, but on the off chance I phoned Toys R us who said they had 10 for general sale - I was working from 6, so I couldn't wait outside like I otherwise would've done. At about 9 I got a call from my mum, saying she had gone into Oxford at half 7, queued outside and got a ticket for a "Zelda mega deal", which included Red Steel, some shitty looking monster-truck game, Splinter Cell (which they didn't have in stock anyway) and of course Zelda. Came home at 5 and my Wii was waiting for me, sans Zelda (I've been told to wait until Christmas for that).

So in other words, yay.

very soon your missing console could be touching down right now with mine hopefully.

Poor Zell. He came home for lunch, but there was no Wii. I went home with him after school; still no Wii. Played smash for 4 hours with his brothers...still no Wii :(

Grrr silly Amazon!

does anyone on here have any idea when the next deliveries will be

Im waiting on a gamestation email I better be next in line.

very soon your missing console could be touching down right now with mine hopefully.

Huh? Links info etc etc? 2nd batch coming soon?