NEurope
Mokong

WiiPlay and Extra Wiimotes AWOL?

Well however many we had in on Thursday night (6 i think!) there were none in at all this morning! Wonder how many people are actually buying WiiPlay solely for the game??!

I asked my cousin in Dublin to check out the stores to see if they had WiiPlay or extra wiimotes, they had WiiPlay but No Wiimotes, and i don't mean just wiimotes on their own, they had no Wiimotes in the WiiPlay/Wiimote bundle either, he said there was a box for it with WiiPlay but no wiimote inside said box, seems when they ran out of extra wiimotes and still had demand they started taking them out of the WiiPlay bundle and selling them seperate.... is that even legal?

My mate Ben bought Wii play, and I wasted him at it :heh:. It's pretty bad though, the only good game is the billiards, I went and got an individual Wiimote :).

I think Table tennis is soooo addictive! Takes time to get used to the controls, but once you do, its so intuitive!

I asked my cousin in Dublin to check out the stores to see if they had WiiPlay or extra wiimotes, they had WiiPlay but No Wiimotes, and i don't mean just wiimotes on their own, they had no Wiimotes in the WiiPlay/Wiimote bundle either, he said there was a box for it with WiiPlay but no wiimote inside said box, seems when they ran out of extra wiimotes and still had demand they started taking them out of the WiiPlay bundle and selling them seperate.... is that even legal?

Maybe they don't keep the Wiimotes in the box, like they don't keep the games in the box on the shelf in some (most?) stores. Did he actually ask or just look at the package?

Maybe they don't keep the Wiimotes in the box, like they don't keep the games in the box on the shelf in some (most?) stores. Did he actually ask or just look at the package?

I saw those in GAME at the midnight launch. I think they're just display cases and if you pick them up they'll just put it back up on the shelf and you take home a WiiPlay + remote box. They're marked the same price anyway, €54.99, so it would be a rip off for just WiiPlay and no remote.

I went into the other Gamestation in Reading yesterday to ask about cables - no estimate yet. But I noticed that they had a HUGE pile of spare remotes (remote only! not with Wii Play, which they also had loads of), which is the first time I've actually see them. Game and everyone else didn't have any at that point, and Game had previously also only allowed one of them to be sold, and only together with a console.

I have the feeling that some of that stuff was distributed pretty unevenly, and that no cables whatsoever were either manufactured or shipped (apart from the odd one that is now being flogged on eBay for 70 quid, god knows where they came from).

Seeing that there is a shortage of Component cables everywhere in the world, that Europe launched last, and is a bit behind when it comes to HDTV, I think it's fair to assume that a lot of shipments are currently going to the US or stay in Japan. Can't even blame them for that, but a few RGB cables would've been nice...

I was told last Friday that Wii Play was out on the 13th by the Gamestop in Bray (Wicklow). I'm actually about to call up now cause I planned to pick it up on launch day, but I couldn't. I think Nintendo has once again just forgotten about Ireland, disregarding it during the shortages.

Update: I just called, and they say they have about 15 or so in stock, so I'm gonna pick one up tomorrow.

I was told last Friday that Wii Play was out on the 13th by the Gamestop in Bray (Wicklow). I'm actually about to call up now cause I planned to pick it up on launch day, but I couldn't. I think Nintendo has once again just forgotten about Ireland, disregarding it during the shortages.

Update: I just called, and they say they have about 15 or so in stock, so I'm gonna pick one up tomorrow.

Well Bray is closer to Dublin than Waterford, their prolly filltering them down :heh:

My cousin in Dublin again, said that he was told they should have more stock of Wiimotes in on Wednesday, so he's gonna try get me a WiiPlay and Wiimote then, and then swiftpost them down to me. I'll have pool and multiplayer tennis before Christmas i swear it.

I just noticed. On my Wii Remote (one that came with it), the strap is thick and sturdy...on all my others...not so much

I was sent wiiplay instead instead of just a normal wiimote I had ordered because they didn't have any left.

I might have been playing wiisports by myself if they hadn't done that.

Still didn't get an extra nunchuck though.

Found some remotes for sale! Whoop whoop! :santa:

God bless my local Woolworths! I haven't been particularly looking for any extra ones but after popping in and seeing some available I thought I'd be foolish to turn down the chance!

Has there been another delivery of them along with the recent batch of Wiis or was I just lucky that nobody's ever bought any Wii stuff in my Woolworths?

Still think that £30's too much like, but heyho!

In Belgium, there's a 'not to be sold seperatly' type on it. It's printed on the boxes' cover. They can't sell them seperatly...

I saw those in GAME at the midnight launch. I think they're just display cases and if you pick them up they'll just put it back up on the shelf and you take home a WiiPlay + remote box. They're marked the same price anyway, €54.99, so it would be a rip off for just WiiPlay and no remote.

You actually pay €55 for that? They're selling it for five less, and those are normal prices. if they charge that much, they're not using the advised prices...