NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

First Wii Impressions

I friggin' hate the Dutch gameshops >.< went to a few local shops today to ask about the Wii, only to find out they started selling em some days ago and are all sold out. Yes I know I should've preordered one, but it's too late for that now. Maybe I'll be able to get one next week, otherwise it will be a gift for Christmas for me.

I have the sensor bar above the TV and have had a hard time getting the pointer to feel right. I sit fairly close to the TV and slightly below it. So the pointer is always below where I'm aiming. Even in Zelda when I move it up by two points. Not a big problem.

I keep getting 'Internet problem try later' with the update. Maybe it's just busy?

Otherwise incredible, this is the future of gaming.

I just been to gamestation in Bristol to buy my copy of zelda, no wiimotes left and no component cables. Havent got a wii yet but am hoping to buy one off amazon at 3.

I bought mine at Covent Garden's HMV, they had 44 pre-orders and only 17 consoles. I'm assuming a similar situation is happening up and down the country right now.

My pointer was wobbling all over the place until I closed the curtains. Sunlight seemed to be affecting it!

WiiConnect24 is up and running perfectly. Had a browse thru the VC catalogue, and updated the console to whatever it needed!

I have set my Mii's to mingle all I need now is to post up my Console code and h'away!!

Had about 45 mins with mine atm.

Not a bad piece of kit upon first impression, but there is still time for it to really impress me....No problems with the wiimote or basic set up. I intend to get it set up to the wireless network later with the wifi max (been sat there for months cos I couldnt be arsed to set it up).

Wii sport/Zelda/CoD3 all seem ok games, but it would be unfair for me to comment due to the time I have spent with each game (ie. minutes).

It will get a thorough testing this weekend though, as tonight I am going out for works xmas meal.

well finally got my wii to conncet to net so why i'm waiting for updates to install i'll discuss.

first impression is wow its quite heavy! my arm ached by the time i got to the car park. once i unwarpped it couldn't believe how small it is as the controllers. Wii sports kicks ass as does zelda (once i got used to controlers). not big fan of mii as can't get it to look like me!!!

all in all i am having a blast with it (more fun if a few hours than teh 360 has givien me in months)

one minor niggle is the blue light isn;t always on!

For a starter: Wow, how small is all this stuff? I fits eprfectly in your hand, but it's tiny.

I made a Mii of mii, my mum was watching the whole time, thought it looked really good. now gonna play some sports. The update doesn't take that lnog after all.

Game impressions.

Having had a major Zelda whirl this afternoon, I can easily say (though quite expected) its the best launch game. It plays and feels just right. Some of the characters look freaky.. like the sword guy. But all in all I really love it.

Red Steel, seems ok, cut scenes and voices are crap. I'm just about getting the aiming right now, the sword fighting is a bit of a let down. Still good, typical launch game really.

CoD3, this thing is just crazy to control, I'm trying to shoot a German and the aimer is all over the place. I haven't played it since moving the sensor bar to on top of my tv, so that could be a reason for it. I won't take it back just yet, see if I can get any better.

Wii Sports + Wii Play. Simple short bursts of fun, with Christmas coming and family get togethers on the horizon, fun times ahead.

Ok, Wii sports overall, Golf is great, boxing is good, controls can be a little off, but it was great fun. I think bseball's the only one that isn't really that good.

Also, the speaker in the Wiimote rocks!

On the whole I've been pretty chuffed with it, although there are a few niggles that Nintendo need to get sorted out and fast. Twice I've had to pull the power cable because the machine has crashed on launching WiiPlay. Also the news channel tells me I need an update to use it, but when it connects it tells me that I have the latest software and there are no updates ???

Of the games I've got hold of so far, It's quite a fun machine, I'm just hoping that the Wiimote doesn't turn out to be another gimmick like the EyeToy was.

At first I was thinking how silly my boyfriend looked playing tennis, but as soon as you play yourself it doesn't matter anymore. I think the virtual console is great and I'm a bit worried I'll start wasting all my money getting all the games for it.

My Zelda hasn't turned up yet and I'm so jealous of everyone that has extra games/remotes (also not turned up). Maybe I should have thought this through better, I'm desperate for another game.

I've had no problems with any of our Wiis and think it's pretty incredible and, in fact, has exceeded my expectation. The wiimote makes everything fun - even Monster 4x4 for a while! Yeah there are a few things I hope get updated, the obvious Mii additions would be brilliant, but that's only because the Mii channel is amazing to begin with!! Also wish I could arrange sub folders in the chanel system - I want a SNES, NES and MEGADRIVE chanel dammit!!!

On the games front Zelda is predictably stunning and surprisngly Wii Sports in amazing and I'd pay full price for it if I didn't get it free - Bowling is just stunning, and can't wait for a Bowling game comes out (wuth the exact same gameplay) with a career mode, online tournaments, player customisation, extra minigames etc Because I could play it all day!

Also, literally everyone who has played the Wii, wants to buy one! That says everything to me!!!

Also, literally everyone who has played the Wii, wants to buy one! That says everything to me!!!

I noticed that too. A friend of mine had a short go on a Wii (unfortunately not mine, since I haven't been able to get one yet :'( ) and he's going to buy one too now. His last console was a playstation 1, and not even the small version! Very impressing. Especially since I'm hearing more and more people talking about the Wii and considering to buy one. A lot more than about the PS3 or Xbox 360. Props for Nintendo ^^

First impression - meh, what I expected really. WiiSports and WiiPlay are fun for a stint if youre playing with other people, but already Ive begun to look longingly back at the 360. I didnt like Zelda's controls at all - to me, they feel exactly like they have been forced on a game that doesnt really need them, and Im going to exchange it for the GC version on Friday. I tried to like it, I really did. But it all just feels like a gimmick. Im more excited about the back catalogue than I am about the Wii games themselves.

Still looking forward to Trauma Centre and WarioWare (although I spoke to someone that played it at a conference already and he said that it has to explain how to use the controller before every minigame - which kind of defeats the point of a manic game like that if its left in the final game) and what else Nintendo are going to cook up for this machine as it does have some potential, but right now Im glad I still have a 360 and PS2 to turn back to when I get fed up of the Wii.

4q2 - youre back! :)

________

MOTOR COMPANY OF CANADA

Edited by Johelian

4q2 - youre back! :)

Lol.....It took a new machine, but I suppose I am, A little bit less pessemistic than last time...:grin:

Good to see you and hope you are keeping well :)

CoD3, this thing is just crazy to control, I'm trying to shoot a German and the aimer is all over the place. I haven't played it since moving the sensor bar to on top of my tv, so that could be a reason for it. I won't take it back just yet, see if I can get any better.

Im certain there are problems with this game.....it played fine yesterday, today the cursor was going to the ceiling and the controls were not responding correctly. load Zelda or Wii sports and it work fine...More bugs than that tired Im a celebrity show imho.

Sign in to follow this