NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kav

Advertising the Revolution...

You've seen the promo vid! Like it? Had any thoughts of you own about it? Maybe thought of any advertisements yourself?

Let us know, post your ideas here!

It starts with a guy on his couch playing a game (lets say a shooter - FPS for example) with a standard control pad, mashing the buttons and wiggling the analogues.

He's getting nowhere, you can tell by the look on his face, getting frustrated as ya do, then you hear it: GAME OVER! Followed by the customary toss of the pad to the floor with a shake of the head!

Then it cuts to another couch, another gamer this time on the Revolution.

This guy is having fun, pointing and firing (not like a madman in the promo vid, but as you would - albeit a little exaggerated).

Then it cuts to in game footage (eg: metroid prime 3) showing the action on screen, different short clips from the game ending on you taking someone down. It then cuts back to the guy on the couch, smug in his victory, blows the smoke from the gun barrel (controller).

Then the caption on screen with voice over:

"Take control!"

Back to lots of quick clips from different types of games and gamers playing them.

Ending on Nintendo *insert final end product name here*, in stores *insert date*

The different types of games should include your typical genres as well as new and "non-game" genres.

it should start with a dude playing the revolution. he looks at the screen and says, " what the fuck. this game is for kids". you then see a video of cute little things running around on screen, followed by. Nintendo remote control pad, for ages 2 - 10

kav82:

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Maaaaybe some other text instead of "Don't lose control. Take control!", i don't know of any other ideas, but I am sure there is something good out there.

It was good allright!

kav82:

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Maaaaybe some other text instead of "Don't lose control. Take control!", i don't know of any other ideas, but I am sure there is something good out there.

It was good allright!

I think "Take control" is alright as a slogan, right to the point and short! Plus I couldn't think of much else that worked.

Not sure why I put in "don't lose control", I guess it was to emphasize the Rev having a better control method.

Oh well, edited it now! Still can't think of anythin else that works as well.

There'd be a couple of these ads varying the game that the person on the couch is playing. Have them centred around launch games. Each time the Controller is utilised to show it's a better control method!

"Take Control" :heh:

i hav one

the camera pans across the room to the couch were thers a ladey playin on the computer u dont see what she is playin because the camera is lookin from the direction of the tv screen

with her hands atached to the conventional pad making big looping circular motions and the sound of coins being collected (u must no what game this is) the camera pans a right to her partener with his head in his hands and his two mates tryin to conseal their laughfter but giggling like little school girls

the boyfreind demanding the pad back with his embaressed face (u then see a couple of quick shots of this happanin on more than one ocasion)

then the sreen fades out and comes back in again. the camera is facing the couple on the couch but this time theirs a young child sat next to them along with one of the males mates the decore in the back ground has changed and even the couch

they are all holding the new revo pad in their hands and the female and the child look to be the unfaire partener ship with the two males lookin like their about to shoot fish in a barrel sudenly (the camera makes a cemi circle from the front of the tv to the back of the couch) were u can see only three heads. the males twist and tur their thums and wrists with precision wene all of a sudden the child (that cant be seen at this point) lets out a little noise then the female starts move her pad around like some possesed loonatic

(the camera zooms in to the tv screen over the couch) were u see death destruction and mayhem happenin in each part of the screen

(the camera pans back round slowley) the now husband has his hands in his head with the wife and child laughing and and holding each other (a door slams) and the seat next to the male is emptey.

(u then get loads of screen shots and demo plays flashed from begining to end quite fast) then it appears on the screen........... a revolution comes in maney forms

arregant as u like nintendo :grin:

I thought at least a few people would have had some ideas!

come one...

I have a stupid idea:

You see a guy from behind, standing in his room, then the whole game environment comes out of the TV and he is suddenly Link killing some enemies with his sword, then it changes to Samus killing some enemies then the guy is back in the normal world and plays against his friends Smash Bros and you see how they use the Controller.

Then everything goes black except for a blue light, out of the light comes Nintendo Revolution like this:

Nintendo

--------------------

Revolution

move forward

And then the other launch titles are also briefly shown on the TV.

id say like some teaser adverts with just the word revolution with a big blue line that will only be 3 seconds long with the *date of the realease*

I have a stupid idea:

You see a guy from behind, standing in his room, then the whole game environment comes out of the TV and he is suddenly Link killing some enemies with his sword, then it changes to Samus killing some enemies then the guy is back in the normal world and plays against his friends Smash Bros and you see how they use the Controller.

Then everything goes black except for a blue light, out of the light comes Nintendo Revolution like this:

Nintendo

--------------------

Revolution

move forward

I like that idea, thats great!

Four people are in a pitch black room. They are scrabling around, they don't know whats going on. They are all holding guns. You see the look of panic on their faces*. All of a sudden a buzzing sound is heard, and a bright blue line of light appears. The people walk towards the light...then it zooms out showing a switched on revolution. The four people are then sitting on the sofa playing resident evil or another scary FPS (showing in game footage), looking scared but having fun at the same time. Then the slogan appears: come into the light, followed by a the words: Nintendo ________ [whatever it's called] and a release date.

Not a great idea, prett crap really, but meh :P

*[using that special night camera thing you see in big brother]

Or another way...

Guy smashes controller over a little kids head and he looks at the tv and it has displayed: HIGH SCORE!

Or a guys playing Revo Nintendogs (hehe, gr8 title), he's out in the park and he's about to throw a frisbee, and he throws he's controller to throw the frisbee. And the slogan : TAKE CONTROL. DONT LOSE IT. appears on screen (Thanks to the guy who suggested the take control slogan)

Nintendo

--------------------

Revolution

move forward

I like this idea as well, could be very effective, especially if a lot of non-Nintendo franchises were shown to get the general public watching.

My idea is more of a tutorial of how to learn to play the Rev. Like on the Nintendo On thing where it shows a step when you walk = a step in the game. Have a guy and his girlfriend playing, taking swipes and stuff.

I thought of something but i can't really figure out it would work but i give it a shot

It starts with a black background and monkeys evolving into apes adn then into humans. It then superimposes "You evolve to survive, now we need to revolve" and then it shows people playing with the controler and then its goes black again and the blue light and the release date shows.

And then its shows monkeys playing with a classic controler and then going mad and chucking it away. :)

Well, the one problem is using the word revolve, it's the wrong usage of the word, as it means to spin. Evolve is related to Evolution, but Revolve only relates to Revolution if you're meaning that you're talking about making a full turn around an axis. Your tagline would need to be something more like:

"Evolution brought you this far, now it's time for the Revolution."

I think another Innuendo type slogan would do Nintendo good....Dunno what though.

And all territories (at least America & Europe) should have the same slogan!!

AND most ads should be sort of mature, and there should be no semi-crap like the Advance Wars DS 1.

Just thought I'd bump the thread see if we've been inspired recently to think of any more ideas!

I think an advert like the Mario Kart DS ad would be quite effective, with people playing each other from different parts of the world.

For example in an FPS you could have guys running about with the controller in their hands shooting at each other (albeit in different countries) and mixing this with gameplay clips etc to show the action as it would be on screen.

Once more ending with a black screen and blue line with the voice over of the slogan.

Back to lots of quick clips from different types of games and gamers playing them.

Ending on Nintendo *insert final end product name here*, in stores *insert date*

I still cant think of another decent slogan so for now I'm sticking with "Take Control".

How about this: A guy walks into a gamestore. He sees a Rev controller next to the Revolution demo pod. He picks it up and the controller is absorbed in white light. The light covers his body (you just see the outline of him and the controller blazing white) and he's transformed into Samus on an alien planet, he shoots a couple blast at some enemies. He flashes again and he's D.K. swinging through some trees, flashes again and he's Mario. Mario does a couple jumps then a flip, when he lands he flashes again. Now he's Link. He swings his sword at a couple of enemies, the enemies explode, then sheaths his sword. The light flashes again and the guys back to normal, he's staring down amazed at the conroller and breathing heavily. The screen goes black and the words "Join the Revolution" flash across the screen. Then it flashes Nintendo and the release date.

A middle aged father is seen looking in on his kids, making sure they're in bed, closes the bedroom door. Next he walks into the living room and picks up what he thinks is the TV remote and points it towards the TV, pressing the power button. The TV starts up as the console starts sending its signal (you won't see it at this point), the Nintendo logo comes up first on the TV (no need to reveal the name of the system at this point).

The father lifts the controller in front of his face, twisting it to the side at the same time, puzzled by what he's picked up. Beyond him you see the TV set lift up into the air, up over his head, spinning in direct relation to the movement of the controller. Noticing a blue glow, the father leans forward to look at the Revolution console, putting his hand out to the side and resting it on the arm of his chair. In response the TV zips across the room and smashes out through the window.

I loved this idea posted by YenRug in one of the other topics! Awesome!

I'd like to see something like this:

A slow video montage of people holding things and waving them at something else. For example: a person in a kitchen trying to "magic" the cooking to happen from a few meters away with their carrot, yet looking baffled that it's not working. A person/kid whos about to get beat on by someone bigger yet is brandishing his ruler in defiant bravery (even though we know hes about to get owned). And the like. It just ends with a shot of a bloke desperately scrabbling under the sofa, panicked to the point of crying. He pulls it out and its a Rev controller. Now he is calm and consoled...

"People like to have control of their lives. It's a control you could easily miss..."

Sign in to follow this