NEurope
Rummy

A Thread About Beer

So, as I sit here, drinking some Young's London Special ale or something like that(whcih is actually quite strong, and going to my head on my small breakfast of a packet of monster munch) I am thinking, 'Is there a thread about beers anywhere?' but I couldn't find one so I decided to post my own.

What are people's opinions of beers? Whats your favourite type of beer? Ales? Lagers? Bitter? I remember when I was younger, I never liked beer much, but since I've found myself with quite a taste for it. I like to try all sorts of different beers, recently trying various beers from Young's, and so I've created this thread, about beer. Whats the best beer you ever had? Whats your favourite/regular beer of choice? What would you recommend? I haven't really got alot of good questions, I don't know *that* much about beer really, though I do like to try all different sorts. So...erm..yeah, discuss beer!

As for myself, I tend to like bitters, my beer of choice is usually John Smith's Extra Smooth. I like Guiness now and then, but I can't stand too much of it. When it comes to lagers, Carlsberg Export is usually my choice, though sometimes I'll settle for regular carlsberg.

Horrible, horrible stuff. Beer/Ale/Larger/Bitter all tastes like rubbish. A few ciders are OK, but that's it.

Ill drink any beer/lager except for Budweiser.

I usually drink Heineken, but if Miller (MGD) or Fosters is on special offer I'll take that.

Of course I'm very partial to Guinness, and I'm enjoying the Brewhouse series they are testing in Ireland at the minute.

I love the Porterhouse Stouts that they brew themselves.

When I was in Leeds about a yr ago, I enjoyed Boddington's for the first time. It was nice.

I like beer :)

Horrible, horrible stuff. Beer/Ale/Larger/Bitter all tastes like rubbish. A few ciders are OK, but that's it.

at a push but i totally agree!!!

bring on the VIIIIIIN BLAAAAAAANC!!!!!

When I was in Leeds about a yr ago, I enjoyed Boddington's for the first time. It was nice.

is there any needs on this earth to go to leeds apart for the festival? :laughing: (Reading Festival FTW)

Hey! I lived in Leeds for 16 years, its an alright place i guess...

Hey! I lived in Leeds for 16 years, its an alright place i guess...

. . . any reason to visit though?

Ill drink any beer/lager except for Budweiser.

I usually drink Heineken, but if Miller (MGD) or Fosters is on special offer I'll take that.

Of course I'm very partial to Guinness, and I'm enjoying the Brewhouse series they are testing in Ireland at the minute.

I love the Porterhouse Stouts that they brew themselves.

I like beer :)

I had Boddington's once when a place didn't have any John Smiths, not only was it expensive, but it was nasty too. I couldn't stand it, although I can't remember why not, I doubt I'll ever try it again to find out though.

is there any needs on this earth to go to leeds

Elland Road, my dear Takeo, Elland Road.:heart:

I just got for some bog standard Fosters/Carling/Carlsberg when in the pub. Can't be faffing about with bottles of stuff.

Budweiser tastes like piss however. Not that keen on Corona either.

Ale all the way. If i go to a pub i usually drink whichever local ale they have on tap. At home I like to relax with leffe (or absinth with caramalised sugar). If I want to get drunk before A night out, old rosie or scrumpy are favourites.

I usually drink the fosters, though I have to settle for San Miguel every time I go to spain, which I'm not fond of.

cider cider ciderrr! Sainsbury's do a nice 8 cans of scrumpy jack for £6, and budgens is doing 8 tins of olde english for £5. Days of white lightning are behind me... but perhaps closing in on me from afar due to money shortages.

As for beers... well they're never strong enough for the money you pay. Cheap and potent is the way to go.

I don't like all these 'real ale' people that seem to have appeared overnight. I can't believe anyone actually likes it, it tastes like piss. They're just jumping on the bandwagon in a vain attempt to look cool. And then they have the nerve to tell the rest of us that we are somehow inferior for not drinking their 'sophisticated', 'grown-up' drink. Well they can all fuck off, I'm sticking to the lager thank you very much :mad:.

I drink john smiths cask :) living like 10 miles from the tadcaster brewery makes it just about everyone i knows beer of choice :) when im at uni though i tend to drink largers since nowhere sells any decent bitters, im quite partial to a black sheep now and again though.

and yes elland road is a very good reason to visit leeds :)

Fosters or carlsberg, carling tastes like piss.

Carling is the nastiest thing ever, Fosters is pretty shit too though, not that it tastes bad, but it just forms like a form on top about 4 inches thick, and I'm not even joking. It's pretty horrible, last time I went out with mates, some guys left us a pitcher of fosters cause they couldn't stand it. Neither could we.

I tend towards the Guinness, mostly, and I occasionally go for a bit of Newcastle Brown or Hobgoblin. Kronenburg is always nice, but thats about it in terms of beers. I tend to go for the spirits after I've had a few pints though.

Some ciders I really can't stand, like Gaymers...I prefer ciders from the tap, they always seem to taste better...but isn't this thread supposed to be about beer?

Piss off all you pussy WKD drinkers :heh:

When I'm in the local I ususally drink Carlsberg Extra Cold. Sometimes I'll have a Guinness (preferably Extra Cold), or a bottle of Becks or a pint of Magners.

I dont really like lager, although if its the only thing on offer my choice would be Carlsberg Export or a Coors. Carling is one of the most foul creations on the earth!

Mewcastle brown, John Smiths and Boddingtons are always gladly recieved (except for currently, as I have managed to develop an allergy to alcohol...). Pedigree is also delicious. Ands Hobgoblin. And Bishops FInger. mmmm. I like ale.

I cant stand cider at all, apart from Koppenberg. Its swedish cider thats onsale at Wetherspoons at the moment and is absolutely delicious. There is a pear one too, it tastes like pear drops.

Heineken, found a place that does it on draft. Great. Stella and Grolsch give me an awful headache int he morning (might just be the stuff in the SU though..) and Carling is piss, utter piss.

Cider is quite good though. There's a place in Hull (The Mission, behind Waterfront) that does a beautiful cask cider. Tastes like the proper stuff.

Fosters or carlsberg, carling tastes like piss.

Haha yes! Exactly what i think, Carling is awfull.

I like some wife beater too.

my fav when down pub is stella :D love the stuff but also drink carling, fosters and bud silver (try bud silver its luvly)

My favourite Beer without doubt is Hoegarden. I'd drink it all the time if it was so expensive, as it is I only have it every now and then. I normally have Carlsberg or Fosters when out because they're relatively cheap and not Carling which I cant stand.

I also quite like Caffreys infact its probably my second favourite beer. I dont mind "real ales" on the whole. But thats more due to having a quite excellent real ale pub nearby when I was at uni. They dont give you as nasty hangovers either in my experience.

Im a lager man, Fosters is usually the norm, but if im in a Walkabout its gotta be Tooheys Extra Dry.

I don't really like beer/lager. Sometimes I'll have a pint though I usually just get something at random. A lot of it tastes awful though - Carling, Fosters, Becks, Bud all = piss to me. Prefer ciders and spirits. And if I'm not interested in the alcohol or my dignity, I'll probably just have a coke.