NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Wii Sports Thread

Played it, and this is what was going on in my mind:

My God, this is good!

Well, that's it. My impressions are short and ultimately pointless, but I had to get it off my chest. :D

Wii fitness age was 40 on my first go, then the next day I got 36 : peace:

then it went to 38... curses!

All the games seem great, I thought I'd hate golf and baseball (well not hate, just not like as much) but they're actually both really fun.

The only thing I can't get my head round is in bowling, I've done ok at it, top score of 148 so far... but sometimes the ball just curves hard to the left. You're meant to be able to control the curve by twisting/tilting the wiimote right? My brother had this problem the most (like every shot) but it happens to me every now and then... he's tried keeping it still, twisting it every which way and even chucking it up so it spins a few times and every time it curves hard to the left and we're clueless as to why!

The only thing I can't get my head round is in bowling, I've done ok at it, top score of 148 so far... but sometimes the ball just curves hard to the left. You're meant to be able to control the curve by twisting/tilting the wiimote right? My brother had this problem the most (like every shot) but it happens to me every now and then... he's tried keeping it still, twisting it every which way and even chucking it up so it spins a few times and every time it curves hard to the left and we're clueless as to why!

Have you practised the spin control bowling training game? That really helped me.

woohoo, fitness level of 28 :D lol

I tried the spin control training game but it was no help as no matter what I did to the wiimote it didn't seem to affect what happened on screen. It's annoying that it doesn't fully explain how to control the spinning, it just leaves you to do it yourself.

I don't get how to do the baseball one where you have to hit it out of the stadium or at least into the crowd. That one always puts my fitness age up dramatically because I have no idea how I'm meant to hit it.

I don't get how to do the baseball one where you have to hit it out of the stadium or at least into the crowd. That one always puts my fitness age up dramatically because I have no idea how I'm meant to hit it.

If you hit it outside the lines then it will be a foul, you need to hit it straight down the middle.

fitness age 38 today, got golf putting practice and only played it once so got screwed over abit! but my bowling and batting practice.

Re the left turn issue on the bowling, use the 'turn' feature to bowl further towards the right. This will compensate for when the ball curves to the left. This and the spin practice seem to be working for me.

Re the left turn issue on the bowling, use the 'turn' feature to bowl further towards the right. This will compensate for when the ball curves to the left. This and the spin practice seem to be working for me.

yeah is good advice, my personal method for combating it, (although to be honest it doesn't affect me quite as bad as some of my friends and girlfriends.) I just move slightly to the right so I'm still hitting the pins in just the right place. my best score is 201- after yesterday was well off form only getting 130's, it's so annoying, does anyone else find themselves hitting patches of bad form where it just doesn't go right?

Yeah happens to me all the time, ive got a high score of 226 but seem to be gettin like 140 now, almost a pro in golf now too wahoo.

My high score is about 180 so looks like I've a way to go yet. Sometimes I go through a bad spell, mostly if I've been playing it too much and I'm losing concentration.

My fitness age is still pretty terrible so I won't mention it here until I've improved a bit! My problem seems to be the tennis one where you have to hit the orange rectangle with the ball. This is because when the ball is played to you down the middle of the court, I'm struggling to return it straight back down. Instead, I either play it to the left or the right. It's hard to explain but it's like when the ball comes straight at you, how can you play it straight back when you don't have control of moving your Mii?

I know what you mean about hitting it straight, best bet is to either hold the wiimote above your head and try and smash it down as straight as you can, or also try holding it down low and lobbing it up.

love the way you can do such different shots, and how you truly feel in control, its changed my opinion alot I thought it would be limited not being able to move, its infact ok, the fast pace means holding the nunchuk and wiimote and swinging would be frantic, I think how if somebody was to try it could maybe work, the 3ft of cable is more than enough so that won't be a problem.

I'm on 970 in bowling now...so close to pro!

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks hitting it straight is a little hard. Will try those methods you suggest though thanks.

I love the tennis - am so into it and feel that the movements on the whole are really natural. I would love to see a full tennis game developed for the Wii. I think that a real bells and whistles game would work really well.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks hitting it straight is a little hard. Will try those methods you suggest though thanks.

Yeah you just need to play around with it in training, thats what I did.

Golf is the one sport I havn't yet nailed, it seems abit odd, I was playing around with it and what it detects as movement and what it doesn't is quite odd, I had the wiimote flicking it over my head and it managed to pot a putt doing it. two armed swings just don't seem to work at all.

It all depends how you do it really. I feel the most controllable way of doing Golf is by doing proper golf swings or putts. As for the tennis the key to hitting it straight is all about the timing. If you're hitting it to far to the left you're swinging to early. Too far to the right and you're swinging too late. Of course this is for right handers doing a forehand. Left handers or backhands would be vice versa.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of bowling - Currently on 243, aiming for a 300 before Xmas.

Best I have got on bowling is 179, im trying to get that Diamond Bowling ball.

Does anyone know if there are any other unlockables apart from that and the Silver Boxing Gloves?

You get things like a golden golf putter (I think I've got one) for getting pro on Golf. Haven't noticed what I get for Pro on Tennis but I'm sure you get something in everyone.

I know aboutthe gold ball, I always have it.

That blue practise tennis court is cool, but theres no crowd to cheer, i like visual crowds. I didnt play this yesterday i goh ome alte, onna do some tonight and maybe try for a perfect game or go for pro on some sports.

played this for the first time today, and it rocked! Baseball and Golf were just awesome, but i didn't like tennis too much.

how do u get the blue tennis court?!

Hold down "2" after selecting number of players, and keep holding it until you get to the "select game type" screen.

Sign in to follow this