NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Wii Sports Thread

Bowling is excellent, and most of the other sports are quite fun. Except for Baseball.

Wii Sports is indeed awesome

Baseball - worse of the bunch but still really fun in two player

OK I first though baseball was lame, cos quite frankly zzzz..., but after you get use to it and start smacking those home runs it is awesome! I actually managed to hit the ball out of the stadium, "Its outta here!!!" Batting is awesome, pitching is not as good but still cool!

I have to agree i seem to play baseball the most now as its just so much fun, even my bros addicted to it and hes a 360 fanatic.

Finally got my Wii this morning, and played Wii Sports for about 30 minutes. Tennis seems great thought I don't really understand what to do to make the shots much different though, Nintendo said there was tonnes of depth, but spin doesn't seem to exist at all. Maybe I'm just not noticing.

I also played boxing and bowling breifly. Boxing was pretty dull, probably won't play it again, and in bowling the ball kept spinning off to the left - even when I was pointing ridiculously right.

I'll play sports later, Zelda has my attention from now on (though at the moment I'm at film club - waiting for my Mother to arrive).

Man, i just had to play a 1000(Pro) in tennis. I wont he first game, but the 2nd 2 i got thrashed. Im at about 833 ont hat, i wanna get my Mii pro. Im not too far off in bowling either.

I'm 27 today ;)

I'm still older than I should. I'm almost pro in Tennis, boxing and Bowling even though I suck at bowling! :S

I still have no gold medals...

What happens when I get there? More atendance at the stadiums? ;D

I've noticed that a lot of people come to see me play now :D when I was starting there was only a dude watching me play tennis :P

I got 42 on my first fitness test. I'll do my second now..

EDIT: Balls, 2nd one, 48.

Tennis seems great thought I don't really understand what to do to make the shots much different though, Nintendo said there was tonnes of depth, but spin doesn't seem to exist at all.

Spin does exist, you just have to spin it like you would a real tennis ball - not as easy as you'd think.

...and in bowling the ball kept spinning off to the left - even when I was pointing ridiculously right.

Just to let you know that this is not a glitch or anything like that. I was in a professional junior bowling team so know what I'm talking about. When you bowl most people don't realise that they're putting left spin on the ball but most people do right at the end of their throw. You can control this by trying to keep your wrist absolutely still as you let go of the ball but it can be a difficult thing to do.

Left handed noob bowlers will have the ball spinning off to the right quite a bit without them realising that it's them that's making the ball do that.

If you're still having trouble then keep the dpad aim straight but put it over to the right a bit to compensate for the left spin. Coming in to the pins at an angle like that (but still hitting the front) actually increases the chances of more going down.

I got 42 on my first fitness test. I'll do my second now..

EDIT: Balls, 2nd one, 48.

I got 52 on my first and then caned it and got 27.

Spin does exist, you just have to spin it like you would a real tennis ball - not as easy as you'd think.

Just to let you know that this is not a glitch or anything like that. I was in a professional junior bowling team so know what I'm talking about. When you bowl most people don't realise that they're putting left spin on the ball but most people do right at the end of their throw. You can control this by trying to keep your wrist absolutely still as you let go of the ball but it can be a difficult thing to do.

Yeah I knid of got a hang of spinning in tennis now, i just twist my hand when I hit and it spins when the ball hit the ground. I love it when it happens.

I just always move my character to the right, to make the spin that I kwo I'm doing but cant help doing it become and advantage.

I've bowled it straight a few times, but thats when I want it to spin and it doesnt :heh::(

F

I also played boxing and bowling breifly. Boxing was pretty dull, probably won't play it again, and in bowling the ball kept spinning off to the left - even when I was pointing ridiculously right.

Don't point, spin the controller. :heh:

My 6 year old sister kicked my ass at bowling last night, she got about 140. I got 80. That was my first time playing it though, she's played it loads.

Hit my first "out of the park" today. So awesome.

I was so wrong about this game. It kicks major ass.

I also love bowling. Improving gradually, my record at the mo is 190, I nearly got 3 strikes in a row (turkey?) much better than I am at real bowling. What's everyone's top score?

My 6 year old sister kicked my ass at bowling last night, she got about 140. I got 80. That was my first time playing it though, she's played it loads.

Like I said before my mum absolutely destroyed me at golf:nono:

I got her back with everything else though!!: peace:

I've managed to get my Bowling, Tennis and almost there on Golf to Pro. What are the differences once you turn pro?

I've noticed: - Jewel encrusted bowling ball. :)

That's it!

Does that pro status stay with your Mii so say someone on my address book list got my Mii on their Wii - could they perhaps face it as a pro in match?

well on my first go my wii age came out a 68. then the other night was knackered but my girlfriend made me do it, got 80!!!! canned it yesterday got 40 odd (can't remember gonna proper nail it today.

I beat everyone at tennis in my house, and golf I did a back spin I'm so proud of myself.

Bowling my sister is really good at it, however I can't seem to beat my own record of 180!

Baseball is cool, cos no-ones raelly good at it. I've never got over 5, and that was a lucky match that I got 5 runs. Boxing, i cant try multiplayer, dont got 2 nunchuks.

My fitness age went up to 32 :(

Has anyone else hit the ball out of the stadium in WiiBaseball? Its awesome!

Just got pro rank on Tennis. =S Didnt get any notice on my wii message board about it, nothing seems to have changed. Pfft, useless.

Has anyone else hit the ball out of the stadium in WiiBaseball? Its awesome!

I just did then when I played my sis.

Was cool i wonder if there'll be a message saying I did achieve that?

OMGOMG

dscf5627ak3.jpg

so very nearly a perfect game!

What do you mean Hamish?

I'm starting to get better at boxing, I realised I was holding my gloves down all the time so no wonder I kept punching my trainer in the stomach. I'm still not sure about dodging those balls though.

Nice Stefkov, I've only played one round of bowling and I think I got 134 :hmm: It's really not my game.

Wii Sports is awesome. I love the game and enjoy all 5 games to varying degrees. My faves are Tennis, Golf, and Boxing. Baseball is the weakest but can still be quite fun. Love the fact that Boxing is so physical and I always break out sweat (even being a gym person).

Golf is great too, never thought I'd ever enjoy a golf game so much.

Love the game, it breaks up my play on Zelda nicely gets me off my butt and working my limbs. Great stuff.

Funny thing is my brother who had a PSOne and a PS2 and got bored of all gaming, is suddenly interested again and desparate for a Wii.

Sign in to follow this