NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Wii Sports Thread

I think Tennis will be better when you can move the characters.. so what?

What would you move them with? The nunchuck? That would restrict your movement surely?

Not at all. Unless you actually think running and jumping in real life adds to the experience.

I can dig that the experience is meant to be simple for the newbies, but I expect it from a fully featured Tennis game, and that will rock hard.

Not at all. Unless you actually think running and jumping in real life adds to the experience.

I can dig that the experience is meant to be simple for the newbies, but I expect it from a fully featured Tennis game, and that will rock hard.

But there's only a certain amount of cord between the nunchuck and the remote... and I think you've got to "get into it" to have fun. I dunno man you've made your mind up. But after playing it, I can't imagine it any other way I think they nailed it.

It is 3 feet.

Nobody needs to extend both their arms as far apart as possible, you keep the nunchuck at your hip/chest region and the arm is free to cross over and under the arms for backhands.

It is 3 feet.

Nobody needs to extend both their arms as far apart as possible, you keep the nunchuck at your hip/chest region and the arm is free to cross over and under the arms for backhands.

Thanks for the info. Still it is the way it is, and I'm happy with it. You can sit there with a stern face cursing the game makers though : peace: :p

My fitness age was 50 today, I'm pretty bad at tennis. I managed to get plus 8 on the third beginner hole on Golf, but I'm getting a bit better now. I really love baseball, can't wait to play it muti-player. I don't know how I'll wait a whole week.

Oh god. My Wii Fitness age is 72.

In other news...

Bowling rules.

Tennis rules too.

Baseball is meh.

Boxing is fun.

Golf sucks.

Has anyone noticed the guy doing the voice overs is the same one on Monkey ball (GC version) ?

I wish you could re-name the Miis you play against, I swear one looks exactly the same as a girl from my school.

I don't have the patience for golf...I just like the brute force of Boxing.

I have some questions about Tennis. I managed to Ace the serve only once and I tried to repeat the same motion without luck. Is this just something that happens every now and then, or is there a motion one should try to polish?

Also, I've been experimenting with different swings, and I find that I get different effects if I'm slicing or doing a top spin. However, the whole things seems a little counter-intuitive. Certainly the slicing action seems to result in lobs most of the time for me.

Finally, so far what I seem to understand is that if you want to make a speedy low return, then it is really best to wait until the ball has fallen quite low before returning it with a quick gesture. I get most of my winning points this way. I don't think I got a single attempt at a smash to really succeed. Anyone managed a smash?

Really fun game, for sure. By the way I got a fitness age of 62. So there is plenty of room for improvement...

I changed the guy at the front of the court. Bad idea. I can't use him like i do with my own Mii. Mine can hit it back every time if i want to. A random one with level 51 skill level sucked.

I was just trying the boxing training, I'm not very good at it yet. On the second one how do you dodge when he throws two balls at a time? I just kept getting hit in the face. I couldn't stop punching my trainer on the last one either.

Ahh. Wii Sports Training... Yes. I hadn't tried that one... But in fact it is a pretty good idea to polish one's shots with it. For those who haven't tested this yet: the training is like a set of mini games that help polish your skills for the five actual games...

Today I scored a fitness age of 28. Big improvement...

Also: I actually enjoyed trading my Mii for a random one: it really spices up the unexpected...

I relaly love golf on thsi game. Its so relaxing and peaceful.

I now have a Wii Fitness age of........27.......tadaaaa.......

I have shaved off 15 years in a day :D

I love tennis. I've discovered things like when going for a backhand. If you twist your hand insideso the wiimote's underside is facing you and you twist and hit, it curves the ball when it lands on the courts. I love backhands.

Wii Sports is indeed awesome

Tennis - I agree with dork, a tennis game were you control the player would be much better and would EASILY work being attached to the nunchuk, you could the direct you shots, which you cant do as it stands. I mean, I love Tennis, it's a great multiplayer game, but I can't help but get giddy at the thought of a proper tennis game - Virtua Tennis I'm lloking at you!! And you Mario Tennis

Bowling - amazing game!! Can see playing this for years to come

Baseball - worse of the bunch but still really fun in two player

Golf - really great, and like Tennis makes me excited for a proper golf game (come on Pangya!!!)

Boxing - its the most inconsistent at first, but when you learn the game it becomes a lot more respsonsive, great fun, and knackering!

Got a fitness age of 54....darn baseball.

Now I've gotten used to Boxing, its great.

edit: Surely if Nintendo advertised the Age feature, it would of gotten a lot more attention?

My family have all embraced Wii Sports. My dad and I have had a bunch of games and my brothers and I played a couple of three player games a couple hours ago.

What's funny is how my brother was originally dismissing the Wii as looking stupid and crappy, and once he held the remote in his hand and served up in Tennis he was hooked. Keeps asking to play now, which says heaps for the Wii's appeal.

It's a totally different experience to a game like Zelda.

If someone had to ask me "what is my favourite Wii game, so far?", I would have to say that WiiSports is that game.

Zelda is bluddy fantastic. But, I've experienced zelda before. This is something completely new. THIS is the reason to own a Wii, imo.

If someone had to ask me "what is my favourite Wii game, so far?", I would have to say that WiiSports is that game.

Zelda is bluddy fantastic. But, I've experienced zelda before. This is something completely new. THIS is the reason to own a Wii, imo.

Couldn't agree more I'm gonna post all my opinions up later when I have time!

Sign in to follow this