NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Wii Sports Thread

wiisports.jpg

Bundled with the Wii this is a package of 5 games that will help you get to grips with the Wii-mote. Fun times will be had with Bowling, Boxing, Golf, Tennis and Baseball all on offer.

Having watched numerous videos, these free games looked hilarious in multiplayer mode but how do they fare when in single player? Which is your favourite game and why? Are the games easy to play and hard to master? Do you think that Nintendo have created a game which will reach out to the non-gamers? Is this the family game that everyone hoped it would be?

Discuss!

I found Tennis really responsive (I love the power serves), Boxing was fun. Couldn't get the hang of baseball tho...didn't get a single run.

(this was based on playing at a Wii Tour, just making the thread easier for everyone else to see,while saying something totally related to the topic)

It's shit, and even if you think it's free.. You know Nintendo put it in to justify jacking up the price of the console £20 over industry insiders and hardware analysts' predictions.

I'm playing WiiSports right now!

Just tried tennis. That was pretty awesome. Bowling is great. Took a few goes to get the hang of it, but i love it. :D

My mate is trying Wii baseball and is currently sucking.

Wii boxing is owie!!!!

Wii Tennis is fun, Wii Bowling RULES!!!!!!!

if only it was online with voice chat!

I just tried boxing! Most excellent. Definitely my favourite so far.

My girlfriend is trying boxing, so we'll see how she does.

Wow, the feeling I got from trying tennis for the first time was incredible. I can easily see how the Wii could sell billions on tennis alone.

Bowling is awesome. I have been playing this with my nephews and its hilarious yet also competitive.

I also played boxing and I was well knackered by the end of it.

I've found that, I've taken a break to get my energy back. I tried some of the training modes on wii sports, but I seem to suck at them all, I just can't get the tennis shots right! I think I'll break out zelda in a bit, it's what I really wanted Wii for.

All i've been playing so far is Wii Sports and its SO FUN. When I played tennis for the first time and hit my first serve, that has to be one of my most magic gaming moments ever. I'm gonna get my mum and sis to play later tonight whehehe.

All i've been playing so far is Wii Sports and its SO FUN. When I played tennis for the first time and hit my first serve, that has to be one of my most magic gaming moments ever. I'm gonna get my mum and sis to play later tonight whehehe.

I agree with you! 100%! When I first flicked the mote into the air to perform a serve, I couldn't but go "oooo!"

It's really really fun. Does the lack of movement in tennis put me off? To be honest, no. It would actually make the game less simple if you have to worry about the position of your character as well. We'll leave that for games like Virtua Tennis.

Well is see what Stocka says here. I actualy find myself play golf all day long. That wouldn't be anything special if....i wouldn't hate golf until now. I don't know if i will buy a future Tiger Woods but DAMN Wii Golf kills me!!

Im working my way down the list:

Tennis: Freekin' awesome

baseball: Erm.. hard

Bowling: Awesome, haven't got a strike yet, but i got 3 spares.

Okay i've given Wii Sports a thorough play through

Tennis: Fantastic multiplayer experience, i'm pretty even when playing against my girlfriend (even though she doesnt understand the rules of tennis). The feeling that you're in the game is amazing.

Bowling: There's so much skill involved in this and i play Wii Bowling exactly the same way that i play the real thing, ie terribly. But i am improving!

Baseball: The timing of the swing is extreme, i am not enjoying this one as much as Tennis

Golf: A pretty simple golf game that i am secretly enjoying when in multiplayer

Boxing: Wow what a workout. I've had no arm problems playing any other Wii game (i also have Play, Zelda and Rayman) but after one game of Boxing it felt like my arms were going to fall off. Its the most frantic of the five games. If you have excellent reactions and timing you will have an advantage but my guess is most players will just flail their arms as fast as possible

The training and testing minigames complete the package.

If there was one thing i would have added it would be more single player options, for instance choosing which Mii's the CPU plays as in Tennis. But its a small complaint.

Got my Mum to play earlier. She LOVED it to my suprise :shock: She's never enjoyed a videogame before in her life. She was damn good at tennis too. I'm excited about doing 2 player once I get my second wiimote, should be ace.

I haven't done much of Golf yet but from what I played I thought it was really good.

Like cross caught serves from the opponents are impossible to hit.

I think my thing is fucked.

Also I am like 3 metres away and it will cut out pointing when I lean back and relax. Gay.

Got my Mum to play earlier. She LOVED it to my suprise :shock: She's never enjoyed a videogame before in her life. She was damn good at tennis too. I'm excited about doing 2 player once I get my second wiimote, should be ace.

I haven't done much of Golf yet but from what I played I thought it was really good.

Wow that's a fantastic response! Looks like Nintendo were right all along.

I have only played this game/selection of games today!

Ive played against my bro, sis, mum and dad, each with their own Mii's and its really fun!

Gonna get some hours of zelda in tonight. But now I see why this game was the top seller in Japan. It really is awesome.

Like cross caught serves from the opponents are impossible to hit.

I think my thing is fucked.

Also I am like 3 metres away and it will cut out pointing when I lean back and relax. Gay.

well if you don't like the game why have you posted 4 times in this thread.You have posted the most here.i have yet to play it though and will likely agree with you about the tennis

Sign in to follow this