NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Your Wow Wii Moments Thread

when i saw how small the controller was

the size of the console wasn't suprising to me

I was expecting it, if you consider that it looked small in Iwata's hands.. you just knew it would be tiny in ours.

The weight to size ratio is near perfect on the Wiimote, on par with the Dual Shock 2 I'd say.

I found the speaker tinny but you can turn it down when you press home and the lower panel.

As I said in the Wii Sports thread; When I played tennis for the first time and hit my first serve, that has to be one of my most magic gaming moments ever.

Wii sports is awesome :) i went out early this morning to get my console and got home and played for about an hour on sports then my housemates awaken at about 10, they are still on it now!! The wow moment was when i asked my housemate if he wanted to play golf (he plays in real life) and he said no, then he saw how it worked! his eyes lit up like he had just fallen in love!

ive barely played it! but ive got plenty of time this weekend and for the rest of my life hehe :D

think im addited to boxing it's awesome, actualy wii sports turned out way beater then i expected given the bad review scores.

It's an amazing console, got it at 8am when GAME at Merry Hill opened. I didn't bother getting Zelda yet though... NO, DON'T KILL ME!! I'll get it after I've finished my uni work, which is due in on Wednesday. I don't want to get too sidetracked by such an epic game. I did get Red Steel though. I haven't been on my Wii too much because of my uni work.

- The first surprise was how small it was. I know it was gonna be small, but bloody hell, how do Nintendo fit all that technology in there!? Amazing!

- Wii Sports was a blast too, my sports age is 77 apparently, yay me, lol! :heh:

- Red Steel; for the first few mins I was like, "wtf!?" But I got used to the game play with the wiimote soon enough. It's been a long time since I've been so immersed in a game! The sword fighting rules! The shooting feels dull at times, but it's still great.

Overall, a brilliant experience. The wiimote took some getting used to, but it's still brilliant, 10x better than I anticipated. It's gonna be an interesting few years... :)

think im addited to boxing it's awesome, actualy wii sports turned out way beater then i expected given the bad review scores.

Indeed, Boxing is awesome, the all set of games is awesome. This proves that reviews are useless.

Indeed, Boxing is awesome, the all set of games is awesome. This proves that reviews are useless.

How ironic that an opinion claims that another's opinion is "useless"

Wow! Wii can get my neighbour's wireless where my laptop doesn't have enough signal.

Wow! The cable is too short when you finishing heating up in Boxing.

Wow! Portuguese text! Ok. It's only a disclaimer, but it's long!

Wow! I can't make a realistic looking Mii!

Wow! Some options wouldn't kill Wii Sports :| like singles tennis!

How ironic that an opinion claims that another's opinion is "useless"

I don't get paid for giving mine.

WOW... The nunchuck is comfortable...

WOW... the speaker made a noise... even though i knew it did that, it still made me jump.

WOW the pointer is accurate...

WOW... I have a new favourite console

WOW... nintendo delivered big time.

WOW... I wish i had a component cable

My dad beat me at several games of Wii Sports earlier. That was a pretty big wow moment for me.

I'll never play Baseball and Bowling with him again.

I got a little shiver down my spine when I first powered on, and saw the blue flash.

Also, the rumble and speaker delighted me. When I heard a lot of peole complain about lack of rumble in controllers, I didn't see the big deal, as I never really noticed it, but when I held the controller up to my face when Wii bowling, it felt great.

My father also loved it (beating me in bowling), and I haven't seen him enjoy anything in about ten years!

Hmm wow moment, it might not sound alot but as i unpacked my Wii (when i say unpacked i mean threw all the rubbish on the floor) i picked up the console, held it in my hands and looked at it for about 10 seconds and i just thought "Damn, im holding a Wii..."

Just WOW at every thing. Opening it up 1 hour past midnight at home, holding the magical machine in my hand,.. just wow. I've waited a long time for that moment, and when I first started up the machine, created a few Mii's, it was even better than I expected. The menu system is great, the options are great, the games are awesome (got wiisports+zeldaTP). Only one negative thing; the light doesn't stay on all the time, I was gutted..

Now 5 and a half hours through Zelda and nearing the end of the Forest temple, and the controllers are just a hell of a lot better than I expected. Controls in game are awesome, and I am basically having a Wii-kend of gaming. :D Anyone who are thinking of getting a Wii, do it. You will not regret it at all. Trust me. : peace:

Wow moment: twisting the controller on the Channels / Menu and realising the pointer twists too.... Pointless, but one of those little details I like.

It's a piece of shit and I won't willingly pay more than £5 for one of them.

I don't care how much technology it has in it. It's light, tacky plastic shit and feels like it will break if I clenched my muscley fist.

^

l

:Quote of the week...but you need to get rid of the periods... make it all one big sentence , one big sentence of ignorance....

...like how i do........... .(its 4:20)

Picture the scene.

I hadn't pre-ordered my Wii.

I've been waiting this console ever since the first N5 rumblings were swimming around the press.

About two weeks ago, I thought, Hmmm, Maybe I should pre-order, but then thought, nahhh, Nintendo have got my back.

They will have enough Wiis.

Yesterday, I see all this stuff on the news and on here about how Nintendo aren't fulfilling their shipments and a lot of stores are now saying that it will be hard to get hold of a Wii before Christmas.

This leads me to get the bus to town last night, roam around any shop that possibly sells games in search of one, or at least somewhere to pre-order for the next shipment.

In the pouring rain, with the flu.

Then about 20 minutes ago my Dad decides to tell me he pre-ordered one four months ago, then proceeds to whip out a Wii, WiiPlay, A Nunchuck, Zelda and Red Steel.

That was my magic Wii Moment.

My magic Wii moment happened when the guy of the store told me that they only will receive the Wii on day 12/13. That was a great moment to me (sarcasm mode).

Waking up seeing the blue light on my Wii not just on (from an email I sent just before I went to bed), but pulsating.

Picture the scene.

I hadn't pre-ordered my Wii.

I've been waiting this console ever since the first N5 rumblings were swimming around the press.

About two weeks ago, I thought, Hmmm, Maybe I should pre-order, but then thought, nahhh, Nintendo have got my back.

They will have enough Wiis.

Yesterday, I see all this stuff on the news and on here about how Nintendo aren't fulfilling their shipments and a lot of stores are now saying that it will be hard to get hold of a Wii before Christmas.

This leads me to get the bus to town last night, roam around any shop that possibly sells games in search of one, or at least somewhere to pre-order for the next shipment.

In the pouring rain, with the flu.

Then about 20 minutes ago my Dad decides to tell me he pre-ordered one four months ago, then proceeds to whip out a Wii, WiiPlay, A Nunchuck, Zelda and Red Steel.

That was my magic Wii Moment.

Your dad is a legend! :grin:

Sign in to follow this