NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Your Wow Wii Moments Thread

wii_people2.jpgwii_console.jpgwii_people.jpg

So after the months of waiting you finally have the Wii. You have got to grips with the controller and everything is fine. What we want to know is though when did the controller become an extension of your hand? When did everything just click into place? What was your moment of clarity where everything just seemed so right? Have you had any multiplayer experiences with it yet and if so were there as fun as all the vidoes looked?

the controler is a lot smaller then i thought im my head on seen on video i dont know why but i thought i would of been biger lol

i love it the controllers are awesome. i beat the shit out of my brother thismorning before i left for work. love boxing it is ace. the wiimote is just the best thing i have ever used. Brilliant.

I got mine yesterday with zelda. I had only seen anything in pics and movies on the internet. Both console and controller are very slick imo. I took my time to install it correctly and first created a Mii of myself, at the same time testing the controller. After that went succesfully, I inserted the wii sports disc ..... and heaven descended.

Seriously, I thought myself to be with the hardcore side of gamers but I'm enjoying this game so much, my faith in nintendo's vision went from 100% to 200%. Imo, any reviewer that critizes the graphics should be shot as this was obviously not the main goal for the creators, and neither is it needed to look any different or *ahum* better.

After playing about 2 hours I decided I had to go online, so as with my DS, it stumbled for the next hour getting my usb dongle to work with my norton anti-virus and the wii of course. It finally worked, software was updated and there was the shopping channel.

Very pleased to see that I can simply use my visa card to buy points, and not have to go to the store to buy those points cards. I am tempted at the moment to download one, but I think I'll wait a couple of weeks to see if something more special comes around.

A bit dissappointed that neither the weather or news channel seem available, but I'll guess it will have to grow. :)

Long story short, it was so late already I decided to save zelda another day so I have the entire weekend to enjoy this gem.

Nintendo rules in my book. Hail to the king.

I went to the Gamestation midnight launch in Brighton with my girlfriend and another friend.

Opening the box: The first thing that really struck us all was just how small everything is! The Wii is really a marvellous thing to look at. My girlfriend was pretty impressed with the size and lightness of the wiimote. It's small, but also right at the same time.

For me, the first moment when I truely believed that this was amazing, was when we were fiddling about with the Mii Channel. Created some Miis, and then seeing them in WiiSports was quite cool.

Playing Wii Bowling and everything laughing at my shoddy bowling skills was quite a laugh, too. I'm so, so glad that this title came boxed with the Wii.

Has to be the first time I switched on. Navigating menus is simple, but that's when it hit me that this thing works and it's genius.

Wow this nunchuck is shit.

Wow the light doesn't stay on, how stupid.

No good wows yet.

Whaaat? You crazy. The nunchuck is great. I was surprised at how light it was when I held it for the first time last night.

It's a piece of shit and I won't willingly pay more than £5 for one of them.

I don't care how much technology it has in it. It's light, tacky plastic shit and feels like it will break if I clenched my muscley fist.

light, tacky plastic shit and feels like it will break if I clenched my muscley fist.

Who cares if it feels like it will break? As long as it doesn't break that's all that matters. Light is better than heavy anyway, as proven by the original Xbox pad.

Everything was wow. When me and my friends started playing Tennis everyone was having a blast. Wii sports rocks.

I was surprised at how light the Nunchuck felt. I like it though. It's very, very comfortable in your hand.

Dual Shock < Dual Shock 2 >>> SixAxis

TBH. I also don't like that they took away the radial grippy circles.

It fucking ruins Wii Boxing when they are so unevenly distributed. I am seriously considering 3rd party nunchucks.

Whinge, whinge, whinge...

Cheer up, nowty.

Miis are fantastic. I hope third-party games make use of the data too, and not just Nintendo games.

Cheer up, nowty.

Miis are fantastic. I hope third-party games make use of the data too, and not just Nintendo games.

I'm still sorta hoping you can play as a Mii in Smash Bros.

Nunchuk is great.

First serve in Wii Sports Tennis was special.

Hearing the background music/sound clips for the Wii.

Clicking on the disc channel with Zelda in = classic jingle, what a moment.

Another wow moment. Creating Miis of my parents calling them, playing 15 seconds of Tennis and hearing my father say "Let me play". I NEVER saw him play anything. He played for like, half an hour. It was awesome. Also, dodging in boxing is awesome.

Creating the Mii...Wow.

Playing Wii Sports...Wow. (I'm loving Bowling and Tennis :) )

Playing Zelda...Wow.

I'm loving it :) So small, so precise, so great :D

(after that torture in town...I went to 5 different stores (while I was being in a bad mood which was getting even worse after every store I had gone through) just to find out that the last one had only 1 (!) Wii left...and i got it :D )

When I first put in Wii Sports, how it just slid in with minimal noise. how it just ook it right out of my hand, that was great!

Plus making a Mii that looks really really like me. While everyone else in my family i dont see any resemblance.

Sign in to follow this