NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Wii Play Thread

wiiplay.gif

No matter what your gaming experience Nintendo has just the game for you to play with your friends and family. Wii Play consists of a selection of nine very different mini-games on one game, which are designed to help you master the unique Wii Remote, whilst also providing hours of entertainment. To ensure you can enjoy Wii Play with your friends, the game comes bundled with a free Wii Remote.

Wii Play consists of a variety of quirky games that can be played either alone or with a friend. This includes Shooting Range, which is the first game unlocked and is reminiscent of the classic Duck Hunt (released on the NES). In order to unlock the next game the player simply needs to complete the previous one (this sequence continues throughout). When all of the games have been unlocked players can start earning medals for their performance.

Find Mii involves picking the right face out of a crowd in an environment that constantly changes - it’s a race against the clock and each other! Pose Mii requires players to make their Mii characters fit into the shapes in the Wii bubbles. To do this they must swing the remote to the right angle to make it fit inside. The psychedelic colours and quirky graphics involved in this puzzle make it instantly addictive.

Other games included are Charge, where players have to hold onto a rampaging bull and try not to fall off! Players steer their bull and make it jump by moving the Wii Remote in the right direction, attempting to knock over scarecrows on the way. Tanks, which also makes use of the Nunchuk controller, tests a player’s strategic skills encouraging them to leave trails of mines for other tanks to stumble across.

Wii Play also features faithful recreations of real sport games demanding precision and skill with the Wii Remote. In Table Tennis players hold the Wii Remote like a bat and use it to move their on-screen character’s hand and return balls. In Fishing players cast their line with similar moves as they would in real life and then wait for a bite before jerking the remote back to hook and reel in a fish. As a pub favourite, Billiards will be an instant hit with older Wii owners. In this game players hold the remote like the back of a snooker cue and use a smooth sliding motion to hit the cue ball. Finally Laser Hockey is a cross between air hockey and ping-pong. Gentle flicks of the wrist are picked-up by the Wii Remote making the pace of the game as relaxed or as frantic as required.

Wii Play takes simple concepts and demonstrates how much fun they can be by using the Wii’s unique control mechanism. The Wii’s unique Mii channel also allows players to build their own customised avatar that can then star as the central character in Wii Play and other games.

Did you buy this for the game or the remote or both? How does it stand up against Wii Sports and was it worth the money considering Wii Sports was free? Which are your favourite games and which are hard to get to grips with?

GS didnt have any in :cry: i got the nunchuk though so should be able to go to HMV or somewhere early tomorrow and get me an extra Wiimote :D

i got the game for both reason but , if wii play was selling on it own no wiimote it would of been cheaper and i would of still got it , it got pool and a shooting game i think it a great starting game for the console to get to know the wiimote plus there let u have the extra controller lol

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH NO WHERE HAS IT IN STOCK!!! (in manchester apparently) :cry:

AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH NO WHERE HAS IT IN STOCK!!! (in manchester apparently) :cry:

:D:D:D:D

Got this from GAME this morning. Got it in a bundle....The remote looks beautiful through the plastic wrapping.

Game were the only ones selling Wii Play - and as far as I know, Wii Play also is the only way of getting at extra remotes at the moment.

By accident, I picked up two Wii Plays instead of one Wii Play and one Wiimote - now I'm glad I did, otherwise I wouldn't have had any.

Not a bad game for £5. Enjoy the shooting very much, and think I will grow to like Find Mii. Only unlocked up to the Snooker game so far. Havent perfected that yet. But hoping to enjoy it!

Was waiting for my Wii in GAME, and this man came in and brought 3 Wii Plays! Noticed there was only one left after that! Was talking to a guy about Wii, who was before me and then he got the last Wii Play!!!! So pissed at the time, grrr, but just had to pop to Woolworths! :-)

whats up with these posts?

We created all these threads in the staff boards about a day or two before launch.

Trouble is, when we moved the threads across to here, they appeared either at the bottom of the page or on page 2.

Bumping them allowed people to see that these threads were here. They might have missed them. :)

This game is utter crap. Seriously, it isn't even worth the few money you pay for it. I picked it up by accident, actually only wanted a Wii-mote. But I thought "What the hell" and took it anyways. Shouldn't have done that.

Well. Just my opinion. :) I guess this game will never be put on ever again. Hopefully.

I was quite impressed with Wii Play. It is shallow, but it's a good way to get used to manipulating the Wiimote, and can be a good laugh in two-player.

It would be a bad standalone game, but as it isn't I think that's a rather unfair complaint. It's a budget title that helps people to acclimatise to the Wii, and it has an entertaining multiplayer mode. It could also be a good hit for high-score junkies.

I was ringing round this morning trying to find a store with a copy. Got through to a local Game, and they had a few left. So I had some stuff to trade-in (goodbye GameCube), so didn't end up paying any actual money for it.

I only really wanted it for the remote, but then if you think that you payed just £5 for the Play mini-games, then I feel that the hour or so of playing through them with my sister has already got my moneys worth out of that fiver.

I'm sure it'll be played a fair few times over the next month, but after that it'll never get played again.

Favorite games on it are Pose Mii, Charge and Shooting Range.

Still no movement on HMV order, and although i have it ordered cheap(27.99) I'm tempted to cancel the order and get it from somewhere else, as I really want that extra wiimote now.

I was ringing round this morning trying to find a store with a copy. Got through to a local Game, and they had a few left. So I had some stuff to trade-in (goodbye GameCube), so didn't end up paying any actual money for it.

I only really wanted it for the remote, but then if you think that you payed just £5 for the Play mini-games, then I feel that the hour or so of playing through them with my sister has already got my moneys worth out of that fiver.

I'm sure it'll be played a fair few times over the next month, but after that it'll never get played again.

Favorite games on it are Pose Mii, Charge and Shooting Range.

you gave up your gamecube for a copy of wii play?? :confused:

you gave up your gamecube for a copy of wii play?? :confused:

The Wii is a GameCube, wake up.

I'd rather keep a piece of nintendo history rather than get, whoopee, a whole £30 out of it.

I'd rather keep a piece of nintendo history rather than get, whoopee, a whole £30 out of it.

I understand what you're saying. Fair enough if it was the N64, but backwards compatibility on Wii is 1:1 with the cube.

For me, it serves no purpose to keep it. If it was a special edition version then things may be different, like I've kept hold of my NES SP.

I really do like this game. I played against my bro earlier then I realised that you have to play each game first to unlock new ones. So we did the shooting game and it was fun. He beat me in the end by 7 points :(

Table tennis is pretty sweet, Find Mii is pretty hard at some points but when you know what to do it's reet.

Pose Mii is not great, i played it by myself, it got a bit borin but oh well. Cant wait to get the tanks etc.

Not overly impressed with WiiPlay.

I like the SHooting game, Find Mii and Tanks the most, but overall, its nothing to get excited about.

I think for £5 this game is great, but only if you have someone to play it with - Shooting, Table tennis, hockey, find mii amd billiards are great games!!!

It's a nice little wind down sort of game, good for taking a break from the action of wii sports, I haven't played it much other than to give everything on it a go. I might play it a bit more tomorrow though, gonna encourage people to play it if they're gonna play the wii, I think it's good for helping them understand the capabilities if they aren't already aware.

Sign in to follow this