NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

God, I love this thread.

I've stayed well clear seeing as I still haven't completed Twillight Princess yet. :heh:

I know ridiculous right! (especially since I've had it since Christmas and its my most anticipated game of all time:heh: just don't want it to end:shakehead )

I've stayed well clear seeing as I still haven't completed Twillight Princess yet. :heh:

I know ridiculous right! (especially since I've had it since Christmas and its my most anticipated game of all time:heh: just don't want it to end:shakehead )

I think games are way more enjoyable when you take your own sweet time with them.

Same here i haven't completed it. I haven't played this game since Christmas and only re started today i think it is an amazing game. I too don't want it to end. :D

I'm not very far and i'm 20 hours in.

I think games are way more enjoyable when you take your own sweet time with them.

I spend along time on games and find them a more enjoyable experience when i do. :D

Same here i haven't completed it. I haven't played this game since Christmas and only re started today i think it is an amazing game. I too don't want it to end. :D

I'm not very far and i'm 20 hours in.

Hey, atleast your 20 hours in!!! I purchased this game release date, I talk about it a lot and this game was so highly anticipated by me, yet.... I'm still at the part where you turn into the wolf for the first time (just after seeing Zelda) :(. I can't wait till my exams finish, it's going to be me and Zelda TP for some sweet marathon sessions!!! (How I miss this game though!)

Hey, atleast your 20 hours in!!! I purchased this game release date, I talk about it a lot and this game was so highly anticipated by me, yet.... I'm still at the part where you turn into the wolf for the first time (just after seeing Zelda) :(. I can't wait till my exams finish, it's going to be me and Zelda TP for some sweet marathon sessions!!! (How I miss this game though!)

Yeh me too when Summer Holidays hits I will really get stuck in. Im about 30hrs and counting:)

I finished the game about 60hrs after buying it! I booked a week off work and thought I'd pace myself... I just couldn't put it down tough! 47hrs game time was my completion time!

Racked over 100hrs on it now fishing and trying to find the remaining 3 Poes and 3 heart pieces I need!

I LOVE this game!

I finished the game about 60hrs after buying it! I booked a week off work and thought I'd pace myself... I just couldn't put it down tough! 47hrs game time was my completion time!

Racked over 100hrs on it now fishing and trying to find the remaining 3 Poes and 3 heart pieces I need!

I LOVE this game!

Booked a week off work:o Dude thats Hardcore!

Booked a week off work:o Dude thats Hardcore!

I know, but I really needed some quality time to get to know my Wii! Haha, had a couple mates over and we hammered Wii Sports all week after I finished Zelda!

...such a great week!

I'm saying, the more likely reason is that people simply prefer WW/OOT/MM due to the fact that they believe there are big problems with TP and the other games are more fun.

When I finish TP, I get bored because there's nothing to do. And it seems like a fair few on here feel the same way.

Motion2000, despite our argument earlier today about Zelda fans and importing, I just have to say it: AMEN. TP was honestly the worst Zelda game I've ever played. Not saying it's bad, but it wasn't particularly good either, and it didn't even light a candle to TWW because it had absolutely no replay value. And the overworld? That was TP's biggest disappointment.

Glad you agree, definately the worst 3D Zelda for me as well. Since I don't like comparing 2D and 3D Zeldas, that's as far as I'll go. As you say, not a BAD game, just not a particularly great one.

Re: overworld. It was as though they thought, let's make a huge overworld, no one will realise there's nothing to do in it cause it'll be huge!

Just my two cents on Wind Waker here:

While it was good, I find it quite hard to play through again. It's a long game, but you spend a hell of a lot of time sailing from one place to another, it's extremely tedius having to sail back and forth for extended periods of time.

The first few dungeons are great fun but by the wind temple I just get bored and stop playing.

I've played through TP thrice now and I do find it more replayable than WW, and I'm sure it'd take longer to complete than WW if it had a huge mass of sea everywhere so that it took 15 minutes to get from one area to the next while you sit and watch link sailing in a straight line forever.

TP isn't the best Zelda but I personally think it's a lot better than wind waker.

Also, having not been on the forums for a month or two, it's nice to see motion2000 still arguing at full steam with everyone.

It's not I who keep bumping this topic up.

The sailing argument about WW is really getting tiresome. Warps??? Fine you have to spend a few minutes sailing from one place to the other at the beginning of the game but so what? It feels more like an adventure than a broken up Hyrule Field.

I disagree, I prefer riding through Hyrule in TP to sailing in WW. Something about being with Epona once again that makes it feel magical, even if there isn't much to do while travelling!

I disagree, I prefer riding through Hyrule in TP to sailing in WW. Something about being with Epona once again that makes it feel magical, even if there isn't much to do while travelling!

It's more exciting than sailing in WW, horse back fighting is cool, there are bugs and ghosts scattered around, aiming the bow and arrow at flying enemies is also awesome. I suppose the warp argument can be used here to can't it motion?

I love sailing in WW, it feels a lot more adventurous than horseback riding in TP's Hyrule. You could see the distant islands and sail there, to see what treasures it holds. The whole WW sailing feels more organic than TP's riding.

I love sailing in WW, it feels a lot more adventurous than horseback riding in TP's Hyrule. You could see the distant islands and sail there, to see what treasures it holds. The whole WW sailing feels more organic than TP's riding.

I love WW sailing too don't get me wrong, but they could have put something to do along the sailing. I would love to struggle against tidal waves and stuff.

But sailing, while listening to that beautiful music, moving the camera to your side with seaguls following you and watching islands from afar was awesome.

They should have let you fire from your cannon at the same time as sailing, rather than just stop, then aim.

They should have let you fire from your cannon at the same time as sailing, rather than just stop, then aim.

You can do that in PH, but you're not controlling the sailing :P

To be fair it would be pretty hard to aim the canon at full sail, if that's what you mean. If you mean moving without a sale, it was slow as fuck anyway I don't see what difference it could have made.

Nah I mean with a sail, like shooting arrows while on Epona in TP. Very fast, but just about manageable.

But sailing, while listening to that beautiful music, moving the camera to your side with seaguls following you and watching islands from afar was awesome.
Yeah, sailing wasn't that bad at all. I agree they could've had more to do onboard.

About the sailing/shooting: I don't think the DS could handle free roaming on sea. It's just too memory intensive for the little machine - the fixed sailing is probably there for a reason.

@ Shino and Motion2000: Agreed. Of course, this is probably obvious if you check my avatar, but sailing in The Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zelda experiences. It felt so adventurous.

Unfortunately, now that I've played Phantom Hourglass, I can't say it's the same for that game. The sailing music in Phantom Hourglass wasn't that great, and instead of watching yourself approach an island, an island just "appears" right in front of you. And, loading times between quadrants? My God.

My biggest gripe is, why couldn't they actually merge the four sea quadrants together? Is it even possible with the DS?

However, all in all, the overworld in Phantom Hourglass wasn't that bad. Exploration's still intact, at least.

Sailing in WW would have been far better if you didn't have to keep adjusting the wind. I still loved it though. Sailing is much cooler than riding Epona.

Sailing in WW would have been far better if you didn't have to keep adjusting the wind. I still loved it though. Sailing is much cooler than riding Epona.

Riding on a Kangaroo was even cooler :P