NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

I'm fine with them feeling the need to have a ghost town, but they could have made that the Hidden Village and had Kakariko buzzing with life; as opposed to having two dead towns and one with nowt much to do.

Anyway another random thought... there's a brilliant music clip was at the very end when Midna uses the Fused Shadow for the last time and warps Link/Zelda away. Beautiful stuff.

I'm fine with them feeling the need to have a ghost town, but they could have made that the Hidden Village and had Kakariko buzzing with life; as opposed to having two dead towns and one with nowt much to do.

Anyway another random thought... there's a brilliant music clip was at the very end when Midna uses the Fused Shadow for the last time and warps Link/Zelda away. Beautiful stuff.

Hmmm, you don't happen to have a name for that music clip right?

Anyway, I love Castle town, simply because it's so busy. And even though it's sad you can't talk to everyone, there's still -a lot- of people you -can- talk to. I could spend a long time in there talking to people. Also depends on what time of the day it was I think to see different people. Loved the little group of musicians playing. =3

And you gotta admit that running around in the town as a wolf is one of the best things every. I love hearing those screams. XD

Also the star game is fun. When you finish it (don't know if it's the first time or not), you get yourself a little group of fan girls. It's funny to talk to them when you're inside the game. And outside too. Free :heart: for you! X3

http://files-upload.com/284800/Midna_uses_the_Fused_Shadow_One_Last_Tim.mp3.html

I'd still have the awesomeness that is Clocktown or Windfall over TP Castle Town

Thank you! Nice indeed, though sadly very short.

*listening to the Hidden Village tune again*

I liked Clocktown a lot too, mostly because there's so much to do over those three days you get. I love following people around to see what they're gonna do. And of course the Anju/Kafei stuff is lovely.

Windfall though, I don't know. It was a lovely town, but it's not really one that I remember much from... There wasn't all that much to do there I think? Or maybe I'm just forgetting. D:

WW could've done with some more towns though; felt a little empty in places. Still a great game.

I think the final battle made up for all the little flaws TP had. So very awesome...

I think this Zelda focused too heavily on dungeons. I didn't really care that much about the characters and what was happening to them. Ok there was that scene with the Zora Queen Ghost that was somewhat moving but apart from that there weren't much emotions.

On the contrary in WW. When I got to the underwater Hyrule I almost didn't want to leave and once I had the Master Sword I really felt like I was the only one to save the world. Also there were so many loveable characters with little back stories. Like the guy who sent letters to his sweetheart or something.

In this respect TP is somewhat "back to the roots". It's actually quite similar in style to ALTTP with the two dimensions lots of dungeons and little else to do.

The problem is that we were expecting (OoT+WW)^3

^ Agree with much you said up there, TP is in fact a lot like ALTTP for the very reason you state, interesting.

Speaking of music, Majora's Mask end credits... BOOT'IFUL. Then again all Zelda end credits are catchy.

I still think WW is probably better at the moment. OOT is better in epicness as well. I'm disappointed in the Hyrule field. Feels a bit claustrophobic compared to the OOT one, and after hearing about how big is apparently was, it feels small. :(

In the next Zelda, a Hyrule field the size of the Great Sea would be awesome. Would up the epic-ness a fair bit and make it feel quite LOTR-ish.

I still think WW is probably better at the moment. OOT is better in epicness as well. I'm disappointed in the Hyrule field. Feels a bit claustrophobic compared to the OOT one, and after hearing about how big is apparently was, it feels small. :(

Eh, I thought the field in TP was huuuuuuge. There's so many different parts to it and I could get lost so easily. Also great fun to run around in with Epona, while slashing away at some enemies. XD

I kinda find the field in TP more interesting than the one in OoT, which often felt annoying to cross in my opinion... I don't know, I still love OoT, but TP is a great game and I think people are just hanging onto the greatness of OoT too much cause back then it was so fresh and new.

*wants to play TP again now*

Eh, I thought the field in TP was huuuuuuge. There's so many different parts to it and I could get lost so easily. Also great fun to run around in with Epona, while slashing away at some enemies. XD

I kinda find the field in TP more interesting than the one in OoT, which often felt annoying to cross in my opinion... I don't know, I still love OoT, but TP is a great game and I think people are just hanging onto the greatness of OoT too much cause back then it was so fresh and new.

*wants to play TP again now*

You're misunderstanding. It's big, but after hearing about how huge it was from others, it felt small to me. Maybe I'm just too used to how massive San Andreas is.

In the next Zelda, a Hyrule field the size of the Great Sea would be awesome. Would up the epic-ness a fair bit and make it feel quite LOTR-ish.

Land and sea in equal amounts for the next Zelda would be even better I think. :)

I was actually disappointed by Hyrule field because it was split up.

When I got TP I was expecting a free roaming field like WW had or any 2D Zelda for that matter. The world didn't have to be so big but instead only have on main field.

It's more of a psychological thing though because the individual fields are big enough but it's just not one field from where you can reach everything.

Land and sea in equal amounts for the next Zelda would be even better I think. :)

That would indeed be awesome!

A return of the raft!

Raft.png

We don't want a Hyrule that's too big. I think we need to finally see what is outside of Hyrule, or atleast not have the feeling that all the parts of Hyrule are separate by imposing little "warp points" to get to the next part of the map (if you catch my meaning).

Well, it makes more sense to compare what happens in changing the areas in Hyrule to that of moving from a dungeon back to the underworld, it doesn't feel seamless like most of Ocarina of Time did.

I was actually disappointed by Hyrule field because it was split up.

When I got TP I was expecting a free roaming field like WW had or any 2D Zelda for that matter. The world didn't have to be so big but instead only have on main field.

It's more of a psychological thing though because the individual fields are big enough but it's just not one field from where you can reach everything.

I actually thought Hyrule seemed more like 'one big place' than it did in oot. Even though it was indeed split up in different areas, there were certain "landmarks" that you could see in several areas. Hyrule castle itself was visible from almost anywhere on the overworld in the game, but the goron mountain and the bridge over lake hylia were also visible in different areas.

An e-mail sent to go-nintendo:

"Yesterday the legend of Zeldas oldest fan has passed away, my grandpa age 73 died of lung cancer. He was the biggest Zelda fan anyone could have been. He completed every console version of zelda and even all the Game Boy versions. In a way it brought him and I together. Him calling to tell me how to get this heart piece in a link to the past, or him calling to ask how to get the mirror shield in ocarina of time. He was an avid zelda fan, he bought every nintendo console just for zelda. He would collect and do every single thing you could do in the game. Sadfully he didn’t get to complete twilight princess, he got halfway threw the game then couldn’t continue any longer because of the cancer. Its funny, because how many 70 year olds that are subscribed to nintendo power. Im writing this because I dont think I would have been as close to my grandpa if it wasn’t for zelda. Its sad to say but my family isnt that close. Ya I will miss his calls asking questions on twilight princess, And I just wanna thank nintendo for creating something so great that it brought me and my grandpa together."

;_;

finally got back into zelda at long last...ive done the snowpeak ruins now which i really enjoyed

best zelda dungeon in the game so far that was :)

Just started this on Wii (after playing it before on GC), and i got stuck trying to get the fishing rod...WHERE THE HELL DO YOU GET IT FROM!

Finally completed Zelda after like 7 months? What a classic game and super ending the last two dungeons and the end boss are sublime will edit this post to include spoilers of what I think in depth.

What a great game though! Epic is the word.

Just started this on Wii (after playing it before on GC), and i got stuck trying to get the fishing rod...WHERE THE HELL DO YOU GET IT FROM!

Dude you're such a noob... give the woman her baby/basket.

done temple of time now flying through it now

have to goto sky temple next w000 :) will do that laterz prob

found temple of time boss *spider* VERY easy...a bit too easy

Dude you're such a noob... give the woman her baby/basket.

FYI, I'm past that and now i'm stuck trying to find the last key on the forest temple.....god i suck.

I swear i'm getting dumber and dumber.