NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Now really, he'll be evil. I just think that he once could have been an admirable guy, but then he is betrayed or something. Perhaps by the King of Hyrule. And so he turns evil and madd willing to take revenge on the world that destroyed his life. I personally would enjoy such a story.

@ Stuwii: after the malo mart sub-paying-quest talk to the old goron elder, you've seen him before in the mines, who's standing outside the shop. He'll ask you to deliver it and throw it on him. Here's a tip: jsut move on the side of the gorge, with fewer enemies (you can take out moblins from afar with your eagle's eye). That makes it easier.

It would be cool/interesting to see if Ganondorf did have a reason why he became so power hungry. But I doubt anything could really come from it...

Now really, he'll be evil. I just think that he once could have been an admirable guy, but then he is betrayed or something. Perhaps by the King of Hyrule. And so he turns evil and madd willing to take revenge on the world that destroyed his life. I personally would enjoy such a story.

That would certainly make a good story and twist.Especially if there was a reason for him being so evil.

That would certainly make a good story and twist.Especially if there was a reason for him being so evil.

See? You're starting to see the possibilities here. And maybe his evil side will get a little of mercy for once. In The Wind Waker his regrets for the past, his so dying look is so breathtaking. It would be cool to see Ganondorf turn evil and madd. I'm sure - and it's a plot Nintendo sure should explore. It would make the franchise much mroe emotional, if done in the right way.

Betrayal by the King himself wouldn't have been the worst idea springing from my mind here. That would make the King a not-too-good man and give the story a much better set of antagonists. I think that's what I liked in Majora's Mask. Knowing that Skull Kid wasn't that evil before. Knowing that the mask was his reason for being eveil, and that he didn't control it. it was an emotional experience.

Ah well, hope in vein. The next Zelda will probably be a power-hungry Ganondorf anyway. Nintendo and original stories doesn't really match lately. Twilight Realm? Come on, it's just a poor excuse to return Ganondorf and the legendary sages in the game. Give me something better. Something I can get emotionally connected too. Games should provoke emotions, not events...

i stll cant deliver that springwater to the goron, the one in malo mart does not tell me to deliver the springwater si im stuck

i stll cant deliver that springwater to the goron, the one in malo mart does not tell me to deliver the springwater si im stuck

You're not stuck, per se. We're atlking about the old Goron in front of the Malo Mart, though - not the one inside. Maybe that helps?

im on the last dungeon

Probably a scratched disc missing the feature of hot spring water. Or you're just missing something. Try gamefaqs.

you probably haven't repaired the bridge yet by giving that ludicrus amount of money to the old Goron inside the Malo Mart.

only then can you take the water across the bridge too the Goron who needs it.

I didn't want to look through all 113 pages of this thread so I thought I'd start this topic again. Does anyone else feel like TP didn't feel like a Zelda game? I think WW was better because it was just more magical and didn't feel like a chore (the sailing was only boring if you didn't bother exploring the things you go past). I didn't actually find TP that addictive and only found myself carrying on because I had no other games.

It also felt very short despite being 50 hours long.

I didn't want to look through all 113 pages of this thread so I thought I'd start this topic again. Does anyone else feel like TP didn't feel like a Zelda game? I think WW was better because it was just more magical and didn't feel like a chore (the sailing was only boring if you didn't bother exploring the things you go past). I didn't actually find TP that addictive and only found myself carrying on because I had no other games.

It also felt very short despite being 50 hours long.

You've just revived a hefty discussion, dude. You're responsible for the accidents that are bound to happen.

On topic, and to get that started, yes. You're right. it didn't feel all Zelda all the time. But I still think it was a great experience, though I prefer (out of nostalgia perhaps) the older editions. Wind Waker was great, but I think it was so great because of it's obvious art direction. Twilight Princess doesn't really have a great art direction - it's nice and realistic, but it wasn't groudn-breaking to me.

And don't get me started on the story...

Yeah, but it could just be that I never really properly experienced any Zelda's before 2002. I can imagine how revolutionary OoT would have been but now I just find it boring. Maybe TP is good for Senior Zelda players because it reminds them of OoT.

There is one thing I do like though-the sword fighting. The fights against the huge knights are top notch and just so...cool. You knock his armor off and he drops his huge broadsword. Then things heat up as he unsheathes his longsword and starts leaping around really quickly. You pull off some awesome special moves (also top notch) and he is soon dispatched. The final blow move is spectacular and the charge up-jump move is equally amazing. The horse fights are just as good, I just wish there were more of them.

Does anyone know how to get the chest just South of Castle Town? I've been trying for ages and i can't find how to...

Use the clawshot to get onto some vines around there. Won't tell you everything.

I thought the best moments in TP were the ones that weren't copied off OoT.

Half the game was Recycled: the first three dungeons, all the howling stone songs, the plot. If it had focussed on new ideas Like WW, it would be more memorible. now, it just serves to remind of old experiences rather than to create new ones.

Thats not to say I didn't like it. It's my favourite zelda game so far, I thought the combat system was top notch, the music was great, It had a brilliant art direction and the dungeons were astounding, It just felt a bit too familiar.

I thought the ending suffered most. Zant was an awesome villian, but they just pushed Ganondorf into the final Scene like he was an afterthought.

A bad ending always leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

I thought the best moments in TP were the ones that weren't copied off OoT.

Half the game was Recycled: the first three dungeons, all the howling stone songs, the plot. If it had focussed on new ideas Like WW, it would be more memorible. now, it just serves to remind of old experiences rather than to create new ones.

I know people who won't agree and say that the first half of the game is the better half. 'Cough', motion2000, 'Cough'.

You're off course right Jasper, but dungeon location wise the second half is miles better than the first three standard 'forest' 'fire' 'water' ones.

Use the clawshot to get onto some vines around there. Won't tell you everything.

Do you mean the one thats kind of over the river? I mean the one thats kind of in a fountain thing just outside the gate.

Yes, look for vines in the area between the bridge to castle town and the treasure chest itself.

I just hope that the next Zelda Wii outing fills in the gap between LTTP and WW (i.e. the Great Flood)-the plot we were looking forward to from TP.

It's actually between OOT (adult link timeline) and WW that the great flood occurs.

Oh dear. I had a little epiphany while playing around on this the other night.. I realised that, despite attempts to persuade myself to the contrary, I do actually prefer Wind Waker to TP.

You know what really irritated playing this, more than any niggly concerns about story or unoriginalty, was just how incredibly glitchy and awkward the game often is. The shadows and ground textures, not content with being extremely bland and blurry looking, flicker and glitch away like something from the 64 days. The camera is awful and extremely erratic by Zelda standards (eg when riding Epona through narrowish pathways it seems to get 'stuck' and then jerk back to where it's supposed to be). The whole game has a very rough 'soft' look to it (and no, this isn't an issue of hd vs sd), and really in the final analysis just doesn't feel like Zelda.

Where is the inimitable Nintendo flow and polish..? And spirit?!

For the record, I still love many sections of this game (esp the dungeons and Midna!).. I'm not looking to be flamed.