NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Okay i bout the game last week and i was just wondering;

Does anyone else feel there's less freedom and less stuff to do then other zelda games? I feel like im constantly taking a linear path towards the goal, and there's nothing to divert to on the side, it kinda ruins my zelda experience.

My main problem is the towns, they just feel so dead compared to previous games, there's no life or imagination in the characters, it seems like it is just trying to focus on epicness the whole time.

But still it's a great game.

I agree. When I first saw the screenshots of the town, a few summer's back, I could not wait to explore the town. Sadly that was not the case. It's still one of my favourite game's, but the town is nothing like the one in Ocarina or Majora's Mask. You can only access a handful of buildings, there are no memorable characters hanging around and only one building (or should I say tent?) where you can play a mini-game!

I havent even bothered with the side-quests, as they appear just to be collect-a-thons.

I heard about the speedrun of this game that lasted 5 hours...

how the hell?

I heard about the speedrun of this game that lasted 5 hours...

how the hell?

Obviously, they are jedis.

Is it just me, or is it impossible to walk around in the Twilight Palace after you've beaten it? It's kind of a letdown that you can't climb around in it whenever you want.

In perspective Twilight Princess is still an amazing game but when put in context of previous Zelda games I was let down. I even begun thinking that I would have prefered a console remake of minish cap or something from the gameboy games as I actually enjoyed them more.

I don't think the problem was the land being too big, I just think the way in which it was designed wasn't the best. The lake was too claustraphobic, the fields had vast black chasms sharply cut downwards (almost unrealistic) which could not be passed and kept you on a linear path. And the fields were also barron. - Something I felt would be reconciled this generation as it was my only gripe in previous Zelda titles. Outside of the dungeons everything felt forced on the player. Which direction to take, which order to tackle objectives in. Previous Zelda games have hidden this with so many options and elements of discovery and fun that it's nary been noticeable. Twilight Princess was a new Zelda, almost more mainstream. Areas felt self constrained and not part of a wider world. As many have said, it was almost linear and as many have pointed out - Easier.

Getting from point A to point B has always been the format in a Zelda game. (Just like most games.) But it's the journey between that really counts. Nintendo seemed to forget that this time. Just like they did in Wind Waker.

Still: What a game eh? :wink:

Honestly, Tapedeck, you start ouit by saying that in Perspective it's still a great game and then start summing up all the point someone would use in offense of that. But okay, I get your point nonetheless. But what you said doesn't make it a positive game, actually. I somehow preferred the Wind Waker even though the Wind Waker was fairly linear too. But while you were on the great sea (once again sailing from Windfall to Outset), you would find tiny islands and at least have something more to do than look for surroundings. Ah well, I did enjoy TP's bug hunt!

I really wish i could get into this game. The parts in between the dungeons are just torture...

I thought they were ok. The worst part about the game is the way at times it doesn't tell you what you need to do next exactly. There's one part before the sky temple which said I had to speak to Shad or something, and in fact I had to do something else altogether. If it wasn't for a guide, I'd be pulling my hair out even today.

I saw a rather nice recreation of the Master Sword complete with scarrab being sold on Ebay the other day and would've bought had it not been for the banning of swords without an exemption where I reside. :shakehead

I thought they were ok. The worst part about the game is the way at times it doesn't tell you what you need to do next exactly. There's one part before the sky temple which said I had to speak to Shad or something, and in fact I had to do something else altogether. If it wasn't for a guide, I'd be pulling my hair out even today.

If you go to Thelma's bar, you always get pinpointed directly to where you need to be. Too easy, if you ask me.

photo_zelda_gashapon_00_small.jpg

Did anyone get these by the way? They disappeared pretty quickly after they were finally released I believe. Good thing I pre-ordered mine months ago..

They look fantastic (allthough that isn't apparent from my picture, which is pretty bad). It took me a while before I assembled all 4 of them :D. I'm not used to gashapon :P.

Are swords officially banned in England? More specifically Lincolnshire (as if that matters)? I feel like going on a massacre with a Buster Sword.

If you go to Thelma's bar, you always get pinpointed directly to where you need to be. Too easy, if you ask me.

I did that, and got pointed in the direction of Shad. I needed to be in that deserted small village if I remember right. Bloody thing didn't tell me that though.

Long after finishing the game, i have just picked it up and found something new. i just found the frogs in ordona near the start of the stream and as a wolf you can talk to them.

It's little things like that, that make me smile.

I finally finished TP today after a final push. I've had it since launch day here in the UK but dare I say it, got board half way through.

Glad I went back to it now, cracking game :bowdown:

What was everyone's fav dungeon? Mine was the snow one. The graphics were great, it had a fantastic boss fight (which, dare I say, was the hardest in the game), and it introduced an awesome new item. Even the sequence leading up to Snowpeak could've been a game in itself.

Did anyone get these by the way? They disappeared pretty quickly after they were finally released I believe. Good thing I pre-ordered mine months ago..

They look fantastic (allthough that isn't apparent from my picture, which is pretty bad). It took me a while before I assembled all 4 of them :D. I'm not used to gashapon :P.

Is there anywhere i can still get those?

I finally got back into this game; I'm just catchin the reekfish things before I go to the snowy area.

As much as I love it, it's a very old fashioned game, and Zelda really needs to evolve after this. It also pisses me off how none of the boss battles are difficult at ALL (they barely attack you). Grrrr QTE scenes like those in Resi would really have been useful during the boss fights, especially as Nintendo wouldn't worry this game appealing to new fans of the franchise too *sigh*

They're awesome, dude. That Zant one is DA NUTS. But I don't think they came out in the UK, though.

What was everyone's fav dungeon? Mine was the snow one. The graphics were great, it had a fantastic boss fight (which, dare I say, was the hardest in the game), and it introduced an awesome new item. Even the sequence leading up to Snowpeak could've been a game in itself.

Sky temple, loved the mini boss, loved the boss, loved the atmosphere, loved the artstyle.. Everything. And the new weapon.. When you get it, you go "ah.. so logical and convenient.. Why didn't they put those in a Zelda game earlier.." :D

I agree though, the ball & chain thing is very cool indeed, albeit a bit unpractical :D. The mini boss where you get it from was also very cool, nice to see him promoted to mini boss in this game ;).

Is there anywhere i can still get those?

[Playasia] seems to still have them in stock, but you have to buy them per piece. They're no longer available per box where I got them from, [HLJ]. I dunno how many you should buy to get the complete set (they seem to sell them randomly, Play-asia]. Try the various other Asian shops.. Or Ebay perhaps.

[..]

As much as I love it, it's a very old fashioned game, and Zelda really needs to evolve after this. It also pisses me off how none of the boss battles are difficult at ALL (they barely attack you).

[..]

I like the gameplay as it is, it doesn't have to change that much, allthough new features, like the wolf gameplay in this game, are allways welcome. I do agree that the bosses in 3D Zeldas are way to easy.. Most of them are pretty cool to fight, but easy nonetheless, and the few that actually put something up of a fight, always do pathetic damage. It took A Link to the past to remind me how Zelda bosses should be..

Zelda bosses should take a cue from Metroid bosses. Pretty hard when you first encounter them, and taking a few tries for the harder ones.

Did anybody else notice a mistake in this game?

During the cutscene where the spirit lanayru tells you about the triforce and such, he refers to "all 3 light spirits" and you see said 3 light spirits in the scene. But there are clearly 4 light spirits in the game (faron ordin eldin & lanayru).

It's nice to know nintendo make mistakes too :P

Just out of curiosity; could the Arbiter's Grounds = Wind Waker's Wind Temple?

Look at the rooms where you fight the bosses of the aforementioned locations, they both feature sand and a tall, stone pillar at the center with the triforce crest engraved on it.

Whats your opinions?

They're awesome, dude. That Zant one is DA NUTS. But I don't think they came out in the UK, though.

'Word?' ...For some strange reason I like Zant - so much so I mimic he's freaky ET-like walk that he does before he's about to slash you with his swords.

Did anybody else notice a mistake in this game?

During the cutscene where the spirit lanayru tells you about the triforce and such, he refers to "all 3 light spirits" and you see said 3 light spirits in the scene. But there are clearly 4 light spirits in the game (faron ordin eldin & lanayru).

It's nice to know nintendo make mistakes too :P

he didn't say there are 3 light spirits , he said there are 3 more light spirits that means that there are 4 including him

Overall i thought TP was amazing and being the only zelda game ive played :o i now wanna play more

Overall i thought TP was amazing and being the only zelda game ive played :o i now wanna play more

Well, what are you waiting for!?! Go and download Ocarina of Time, NOW!!