NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Meh...this bit wasn't that hard....I just wandered round doing things then realised.

The trick to Zelda is to take your time, especially on parts like this.

Why Twilight Princess is inconsistent (Reasons in no particular order) - REASON 1:

Mini bosses (enemies you fight before the boss in order to obtain a new valuable item or make signficiant process in a dungeon) are actually harder/more powerful than just about all the HUGE bosses in the game, how can something so large and so powerful only take a third of hits that the mini bosses take? Enemies become weaker and reduce in quantity in the second half of the game, shouldn't the ante be increased, not decreased?

Darknut fighters are harder than pretty much all bosses in the entire game, especially in packs. Imagine having to fight more than five of these guys at once?

On a side NOTE, I liked the Zant boss but it should've been better. Using the Forest Temple twice was a poor choice with respect to where you obtained the Gale Boomerang. Before going to Hyrule Castle, they instead shoud've gone to Arbiter Grounds where by you need to use the spinner and avoid a cluster of Twilight Bolts Of Energy like with those giant Zant heads you slashed throughout the Palace OF Twilight. Eventually he'll be open for a hit with the spinner on the side once an opening opens within the giant head, sword slashing, spikes appear on the spinners as you get closer to defeating him in that particular phase.

Darknut/Stalfos fighters are harder than pretty much all bosses in the entire game, especially in packs. Imagine having to fight more than five of these guys at once?

Play the Cave of Ordeals multiple times for a 4+ Darknuts. (Stalfos fighters are one of the easiest enemies in the game, tho...)

Still, yea, a few of the minibosses are better than the final boss (Goron Mines is the best example)

Play the Cave of Ordeals multiple times for a 4+ Darknuts. (Stalfos fighters are one of the easiest enemies in the game, tho...)

Wrong name. Mistake ON MY PART. Not Stalfos as they are rather easy,... Whatever the name of the enemy is that has a different set of armour and fights with the Darknut... The pointy like helmet, different shaped sword and shield but is FULLY armoured... Or is that also a Darknut also but has different armour and a round shield instead of a POINTY one?

Ah that'll be the Iron Knuckle. Yea, both would be great to meet in packs.

Why Twilight Princess is inconsistent (Reasons in no particular order) - REASON 1:

Mini bosses (enemies you fight before the boss in order to obtain a new valuable item or make signficiant process in a dungeon) are actually harder/more powerful than just about all the HUGE bosses in the game, how can something so large and so powerful only take a third of hits that the mini bosses take? Enemies become weaker and reduce in quantity in the second half of the game, shouldn't the ante be increased, not decreased?

Darknut fighters are harder than pretty much all bosses in the entire game, especially in packs. Imagine having to fight more than five of these guys at once?

I agree.

On a side NOTE, I liked the Zant boss but it should've been better. Using the Forest Temple twice was a poor choice with respect to where you obtained the Gale Boomerang. Before going to Hyrule Castle, they instead shoud've gone to Arbiter Grounds where by you need to use the spinner and avoid a cluster of Twilight Bolts Of Energy like with those giant Zant heads you slashed throughout the Palace OF Twilight. Eventually he'll be open for a hit with the spinner on the side once an opening opens within the giant head, sword slashing, spikes appear on the spinners as you get closer to defeating him in that particular phase.

I also agree. I was expecting an Arbiter's Grounds type stage but then it went into the forest temple again? Granted it was a cool mini boss fight but it wrecks the style of the fight. Why no Temply of time type stage for Zant? Why no City in the sky type stage?

Cool boss fight but way too easy, once again. 2 hits on each stage and that's it.

Another inconsistency: dungeon difficulties/size

Another inconsistency: dungeon difficulties/size

You'd think that as Link got closer to the TRUE source of evil, that the challenges ahead of him would get more DIFFICULT with greater enemies and larger landscapes, but instead what we got is smaller, easier and emptier landscapes. This is not symbolic of Link becoming "more powerful" as this should've been illustrated with greater challenges which it wasn't. As a number of users have said already on a number of occasions, the second half of the game just feels second rate as though the developers had to sacrifice tweaking it just that bit more in favour of attempted profit maximisation. This was majorly brought upon by what I believe to be Nintendos reactive stance on the game. 11th hour decision to make it available on Wii also, instead of dissing the failure console that is GameCube and making it solely for Wii to begin with. When you plan for things properly, in most cases, you get the desired result. In this case, a more proactive approach to developing this game would've resulted in a far greater product that could've really given OOT a fight for the crown of universally regarded best Zelda game.

Did you play it after then, Solitanze? I thought you were dead against it, due to the review scores?

Snowpeak Mansion, Temple of Time and City in the Sky were the best 3 temples in the game. And I didn't see any lack of quality in the game at any point....

Did you play it after then, Solitanze? I thought you were dead against it, due to the review scores?

Yeah I was always going to play it as The Legend Of Zelda is one of my favorite gaming series. I was going to purchase it regardless of the outcome with respect to scores. Although I was rather annoyed when I saw the game suddenly dropping in average ratio well below my EXPECTED benchmark of 96.00% to surpass Resident Evil 4 and for a little while, it had done so... But after playing it, i've come to accept it as the game isn't supurb.

[spoiler=]Whats with the ending, Ganondorf just stands there with a blade in his chest, didn't even fall to the ground. I assume he became a mere mortal, powerless, meaningless and was disposed of courtesy of the light spirits into oblivion. His grunts and groans were terrible and made him sound like a puny weakling. No POWER to them. One of the worst endings in a Zelda game to date.

Couple of things I noticed throughout playing:

If you shoot an arrow say for example in Hyrule field and it hits the ground, you can walk up to it and collect it. Nice touch.

Pressing the minus button during cutscenes will let you skip them, again nice touch.

[spoiler=]Whats with the ending, Ganondorf just stands there with a blade in his chest, didn't even fall to the ground. I assume he became a mere mortal, powerless, meaningless and was disposed of courtesy of the light spirits into oblivion. His grunts and groans were terrible and made him sound like a puny weakling. No POWER to them. One of the worst endings in a Zelda game to date.

He died standing. It was a pretty powerful death in my opinion. After being impaled by the Master Sword, he can still summon the strength to stand and demands the fight continue... only to find himself overwhelmed, losing the Triforce of Power to become a mortal and die.

I don't really see how his grunts could sound manly and powerful when he's fucking dying.

You people sure are picky.

I think he shopuld have collapsed. Really, that would have made things better. On a side note, the ending is not really good. What the hell did Midna do there? She did say that 'We'll meet again'. More twilight in the future!

Dying standing up shows how much of a man you are. Ganon died with his boots on.

Dying standing up was just odd. It was also very implausible... how exactly does he come back to life in time for WW?

Jasper, I see you're now saying the ending isn't very good. I thought you loved it last time you mentioned it? I agree the ending left a very bitter taste in my mouth, Midna doing what she did was powerful yes, but not satisfying in the slightest. And all she said was 'see you later'. Though it'd be madness for Nintendo to not bring her back seeing as how popular she's been with fans.

Dying standing up was just odd. It was also very implausible... how exactly does he come back to life in time for WW?

He's dead for good.

Wind Waker Ganondorf escapes the Sacred Realm after being sealed away at the end of Ocarina of Time. The Twilight Princess Ganondorf was exposed by Link after he went back to being a child and thus Twilight Princess played out.

They're different, whilst still being the same. One man with two fates.

You mean TP is in the other timeline? As in, the one without WW?

So basically, WW Ganon is still potentially alive to fight another day since he still has the Triforce of Power?

That'd mean either Twilight Princess is the last game in the child ending timeline, or the 2D games (except TMC) happen before it... Interesting.

Or Ganon gets resurrected in a futre game.

Or Nintendo don't care about timelines and they just killed Ganon like that to make it look cool.

It's not that they don't care about timeline, it's just that it isnt a priority and it's their way of telling Zelda's story. After all they are legends, so the details are sketchy. Personally, I like this, because it's very fun to speculate and try to tie loose ends. Also, future games might explain what happened before.

Well, I personally think that all the strange things that happened in TP and all the loose ends will most likely be solved in a sequel... Well, we hope.

I like to think that Ganondorf didn't actually "die", afterall look at the endings to both OOT and WW, both times stabbed in the head, yet not really dead. I like to think of it more like him being weakened enough to the point he can be sealed away once again, although only in OOT do you actually see him being sealed. And i think he still has the triforce of power, again it just faded from being weakened, if he lost it it should have physically appeared.

Then again this is just how i like to think of Ganondorfs misfortunes, the ultimate shape of evil, doomed to be jumping between realms, always getting within fingers reach but always to be knocked down by a youth in green, only thing that keeps him alive is the power of his triforce piece and his ever growing anger, haterd and thurst for universal domination.