NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

On a side note, how many people here BEAT (NOT 100%, MAIN QUEST ONLY) this game without the use of a guide at all?

I didn't use a guide.I havn't so far for the poes and heart pieces etc.Done everything my self.

I did use a guide. For the boss of the Arbiter's grounds. And that was only because I didn't know that B was an attack. Once that was sorted, I never touched a guide again.

No I didn't use a guide. There were a few spots where I was nearly pulling my hair out with frustration but I persevered and worked them out by myself.

Anyone know where I can get rupees and quickly?

I'm short 250 to get the cannon repaired....

for every bit of the book you just got, there is a chest nearbuy, which you have to use the dominion rod to get to, with 100 rupees in

I thought they had heart pieces. Ah well. I got that 300 rupees by going back through the temples and opening all the chests I'd missed before. My wallet was always too full when going into a temple.

I did 100% without a guide. I didn't want any part of this game spoiled. I avoided videos and pictures before I got the game, and the picture at the start of the instruction book was completely missed by me until someone pointed out it contained fifty billion spoilers in it.

I didn't use a guide. Honestly there's only a few points of the game where I can imagine anyone really needing too and that's just because it's a tad confusing.

The only part that really had me stuck for a little while was in near the end when you had to blow flames out, because I'd forgot completely that I could use the boomerang for that.

In Japan it comes out on the 22nd of February 2007.

Either you're posting in the wrong thread, or I'm very sorry for the Japanese.

Hmmm. That was all a bit 2001: A Space Oddessy I must say. I'm going to have to kill someone particular I'll wager. Though that may end up being TOO dark. Ah, we will see.

Did anyone find the Sacred Grove rather second rate and underwhelming? Going there twice, hit a kid multiple times and then comes up what is one of the worst placed puzzles to ever feature in a Zelda game. The guardians of the master sword. Lets jump the blocks to get them both on their pedestals. Wouldn't a seriously difficult sword battle between the two be more appropriate to really demonstrate that Link is the hero destined to acquire the legendary blade? The OOT Master sword pulling had serious impact on you, this case, no feeling whatsoever. I also happened to bring up another point, which is the poor placement of the Temple of Time, it should've been in a location independent to the Sacred Glove, so there wouldn't have been this repetition that occured in the game and not look like they ran out of ideas. This is only one issue though, there are quite a number of other issues I had with the game which i'll explain a little later and are FAR more legitimate criticisms than the one listed above.

By the way, my rating for the game is 4 stars (Very good but not excellent equating to 8/10.) Originally wanted to give it 7.7/10 but marked it up due to some neat secrets I discovered just the other day. Of course if I had an editorial review to post up on gamerankings.com, i'd deliberately give it 10/10 despite the fact it clearly doesn't deserve it.

You and your scores.

I agree to an extent that the Sacred Grove wasn't excellent. Though while the puzzle may not have been entirely appropriate, I still really enjoyed it. And I wasn't expecting the master sword bit to be as good as OoT obviously it wouldn't be. You'd be silly to think it'd have more of an effect on you.

I'm done comparing this game to OoT over and over again, move on and just judge it on its own for once guys.

I thought the puzzle was well-placed, imo. Link isn't just about slashing people to shit. The Hero of Time should have some degree of wisdom, problem and puzzle solving, for example.

I thought being a hero was all about constantly hacking and slashing away at things?

It's someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later.

And I thought that Sacred Grove puzzle was well placed.

I thought the puzzle was well-placed, imo. Link isn't just about slashing people to shit. The Hero of Time should have some degree of wisdom, problem and puzzle solving, for example.

I agree I really liked the puzzle, maybe it didn't make THAT much sense but it was still a nice twist on the usual Zelda puzzles we're used to. Plus the music and styling of the whole sequence was cool.

Having said that it would have been cool if there were 3 trials Link had to endure before being allowed near the Master Sword: Wisdom, Courage and Power.

The guardian puzzle being the wisdom part etc...

Having to fight the Skull Kid a second time, however, was a bit much.

Wouldn't a seriously difficult sword battle between the two be more appropriate to really demonstrate that Link is the hero destined to acquire the legendary blade?

Not really, seeing as...

...Link was in wolf form, and needed the Master Sword to dispel the magic holding him in that form. He couldn't fight anything with a sword.

Did anyone find the Sacred Grove rather second rate and underwhelming? Going there twice, hit a kid multiple times and then comes up what is one of the worst placed puzzles to ever feature in a Zelda game. The guardians of the master sword. Lets jump the blocks to get them both on their pedestals. Wouldn't a seriously difficult sword battle between the two be more appropriate to really demonstrate that Link is the hero destined to acquire the legendary blade? The OOT Master sword pulling had serious impact on you, this case, no feeling whatsoever. I also happened to bring up another point, which is the poor placement of the Temple of Time, it should've been in a location independent to the Sacred Glove, so there wouldn't have been this repetition that occured in the game and not look like they ran out of ideas. This is only one issue though, there are quite a number of other issues I had with the game which i'll explain a little later and are FAR more legitimate criticisms than the one listed above.

By the way, my rating for the game is 4 stars (Very good but not excellent equating to 8/10.) Originally wanted to give it 7.7/10 but marked it up due to some neat secrets I discovered just the other day. Of course if I had an editorial review to post up on gamerankings.com, i'd deliberately give it 10/10 despite the fact it clearly doesn't deserve it.

Let it be known that the almighty verdict has been made, we can all die in peace now.

Let it be known that the almighty verdict has been made, we can all die in peace now.

So no one here wants clarification as to why I gave it 8/10 and not higher?

If not, I won't post in a deliberate attempt to increase post count.

So no one here wants clarification as to why I gave it 8/10 and not higher?

TBH, I don't think anyone cares. Write a "review" if you wish. But reviews are only useful for finding out if you would like a game (for example, one or two reviews have put me off some 90%+ games simply because they sound like the sort of thing I don't like).

Solitanze is getting out of hand. Someone stop the score-o-maniac! The score-o-list! The ruler of scoreland, where only those with High-score can live and others being banned to not-solitanze land!

Stop the guy, he belongs in a mental instituion for Number-addiction.