NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

I didn't think the game was short at all. Of course, after you finish every Zelda game, you wish it could be longer and never finishes. That's how I felt.

Overall, I love this game. So, so much.

Midna > Navi.

I never thought I'd say that.

This is my second Zelda game.

I clocked in at 62 hours, I explore a lot though.

I also idle a lot- I don't know if the clock still ticks after the Wiimote has been disconnected, could be 10-15 hours it was just sitting there doing nothing.

Either way I was satisfied, the references to Shadow of the Colossus in boss fights, Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX with music and a bunch of other games I can barely remember now was very cool- the game has moved on a lot since then.

I got stuck twice in the game where you were meant to hold down the A button instead of tapping it- while I don't take kindly to being spoon fed the game it would have been nice had Midna just said hold it.

How to improve the game? Make it harder- remove the maps and compass from the dungeons.. increase bosses.

Orchestrated music and different music for individual bosses.

I think this has been the first Zelda game where I've truely actually used the compass and map in dungeons. I don't think I've even bothered to look at them in other games.

I think this has been the first Zelda game where I've truely actually used the compass and map in dungeons. I don't think I've even bothered to look at them in other games.

so far (just got to the desert/prison place) i find it totally the opposit. i used the compass and doungen in ever temple in OOT as they were placed at the start of the doungen. however, unlike oot, in TP, the compass is always placed just before the end.

entrance of forset temple once you get boomerang (everything is done by then)

didnt even find it for the fire/volcano level

cried in agony without compass help till the end of water temple.

i think they flopped in TP so far as i feet depend on compass and map to get around doungens in zelda games.

Why not???

Because it's unnecessary? He was in a hurry and would cover more ground if he just took a simple jump rather than a dangerous and frakly sort of impossible back flip.

Short is a lie. If you wanted longer, yes. But you have to think you still get 36 hours of the game, wich is, in these days, a lot. Most games don't last that long. SO i'm happy with it's length, and even after the initial 36 hours there's still more than 20 hours to find in it. That racks up to the about-70 hours Nintendo told us.

55 = 70 eh? ;)

It's not a short game, but it's not a long one either.

One thing that really bugs me about this game is swimming/diving. I don't know what they did to the controls but it's shocking.

MM swimming: amazing.

I'd agree with that, I guess Midna's popularity is because the story was pretty much focused on her.

I did like Navi's 'Hey!', 'Listen', 'Look' and 'Watch out!' though :) Plus the Z-Targetting sound was cool.

Not a long game? I finished with 60 hours! Sure, I took my sweet time, but thats the way it should be. This is not a RPG, remember that. I also liked Navia I don't know why people were annoyed, but Midna rules, cause she is very well developed character wise.

If anything makes Twilight Princess a special game, it is Midna. Without her it would feel pretty damn empty i'm sure.

If anything makes Twilight Princess a special game, it is Midna. Without her it would feel pretty damn empty i'm sure.

Well, Midna is pretty much at the centre of the game.

I think she had more charm and charisma than Zelda has shown in any of the Zelda titles so far, granted she's usually only in it for a few minutes, of course. :heh:

I like that Midna plays more part in the actual story line too... She is far more "integrated" into the game as Navi or so... That is why I like her the most... I mean if Navi would have gone at the end it won't have been like with Midna going...

Although she could have had sometimes better advices (I mean most times they were useless - especially against that armored knights or how the were called I would have like some advice)...

I need to admit that once I suspected her to work for Ganondorf (after getting the second shadow crystal)... She said something and I thought I don't know if she is really on my side or not... But after the next crystal that changed again :)

P.S.: In which Zelda was the King of Red Lions?

Some handheld game (I don't buy handhelds normally, don't like them)...?

EDIT:

Added some sentences before P.S.

I like that Midna plays more part in the actual story line too... She is far more "integrated" into the game as Navi or so... That is why I like her the most...

Although she could have had sometimes better advices (I mean most times they were useless - especially against that armored knights or how the were called I would have like some advice)...

He was the boat in the Wind Waker.

I like that Midna plays more part in the actual story line too... She is far more "integrated" into the game as Navi or so... That is why I like her the most...

Wind Waker.

Ah yeah :)

Forgot that one :)

Now that you say it :)

Probably I didn't remember it also because I only knew the German name until now :)

Well, Midna is pretty much at the centre of the game.

I think she had more charm and charisma than Zelda has shown in any of the Zelda titles so far, granted she's usually only in it for a few minutes, of course. :heh:

Midna was indeed fantastic throughout, hope we see her again in a future Zelda game.

Can I ask a perhaps really obvious question... where exactly was the King of Hyrule in this game?

Midna was indeed fantastic throughout, hope we see her again in a future Zelda game.

Can I ask a perhaps really obvious question... where exactly was the King of Hyrule in this game?

No idea, where was he in Ocarina? :heh:

He was MENTIONED in Ocarina, you saw Ganondorf speaking to him and Zelda saying things like 'My father won't listen to me etc..'.

He's no where to be seen in TP, nor mentioned. It's as if Princess Zelda is ruling Hyrule which is a tad odd.

He was MENTIONED in Ocarina, you saw Ganondorf speaking to him and Zelda saying things like 'My father won't listen to me etc..'.

He's no where to be seen in TP, nor mentioned. It's as if Princess Zelda is ruling Hyrule which is a tad odd.

Yeah, he's mentioned once, but then he isn't mentioned again in the entire game. Where did he go?

Well, wasn't there the cutscene of Zant going into Hyrule castle and talking to Zelda? I remember that scene because it reminds me of the castle from the Wind Waker in terms of design. I don't think it's really relevant or makes a difference anyway. It didn't make much of a difference in Ocarina, imo.

It doesn't make a difference to the story, but it's still a bit of an omission since he's in pretty much every other Hyrule based Zelda game.

Sometimes, it can be better leaving stuff up to the imagination.

Who's to say that Zant didn't kill the King of Hyrule? Who's to say he didn't go into hiding, or was away on some kind of quest.

We don't know what happened to the King in OoT, but in my mind, I have the impression that Ganondorf killed him.

Surely that'd make Zelda - "Queen Zelda" as opposed to merely "Princess Zelda". I just think the simple explanation is that Nintendo didn't think these things through properly and questioning it will probably just baffle us all.

Surely that'd make Zelda - "Queen Zelda" as opposed to merely "Princess Zelda". I just think the simple explanation is that Nintendo didn't think these things through properly and questioning it will probably just baffle us all.

Well, surely she'd need to be crowned in order to be Queen. :heh:

Meh, who cares. I think he's dead!