Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Just finished this masterpiece and the following screens confuse me:

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/img_2982666.html

where in castle town is this?

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/img_2982668.html

can´t seem to remember this place...

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/img_2738345.html

there was supposed to be a lot of interaction with animals, there was some but the thing with picking up cats and dogs felt redundant...

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/img_2649974.html

this sasquatch i expected to meet in the sacred groove, what happened to him?

And also I remember from some trailer Link paddling a canoo in Ordon, can you get a canoo in Ordon someway?

DAMN GOOD POINTS!!! I can't believe they would delay this game a year and then take loadsof stuff out! except castle town look remodelled! And if you look at http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/img_2649981.html I think this is what the lost woods was really gonna look like...more like a huge real wood...shame...

Actually if you look at all the old pictures of Zelda TP on IGN...it looks like a different Zelda...Maybe they moved whole sections to Zelda Wii?

The quality of the gameplay will always remain brilliant. This is Zelda and we always expect the best. In a game that was marketed as epic and so forth, it was just an anti-climax.

Music plays a massive role in games. I think Koji Kondo has lost the touch, i dont remember anything memorable from him for a long time.

Music helps games be remembered, they are talked about. Sonic, Mario, the previous Zeldas. Everyone knows their tunes, everyone remembers them fondly.

Like i said, TP would of had a terrible soundtrack if it wasnt for the rehashes.

Also, why for a game that was delayed an entire year, does the ending feel rushed?

Hey there. I'm on the 4th temple at the moment. This game is filling me with that 'special feeling' though apparently not all of you are getting that same vibe. No matter.

I was just wondering, what happened to the Kokiri? Does this get covered later in the game? Am I asking something spoiler-related? I'd like to know whether it's an unanswered part of the game?

Since many people put this game between OoT and WW, they both have (possibly the same) Deku Tree/Sprout and Kokiri in them. Yet so far this one doesn't have any mention of Kokiri. And the place where the dekutree and kokiri reside in ww and oot is now the ordon villiage (mirrored), so what's the deal with that?

Cheers.

(no spoilers please)

Also, why for a game that was delayed an entire year, does the ending feel rushed?

The 'ending' feels rushed? I think the whole second half of the game feels rushed! But fair enough, I suppose the ending especially.

Hey there. I'm on the 4th temple at the moment. This game is filling me with that 'special feeling' though apparently not all of you are getting that same vibe. No matter.

I was just wondering, what happened to the Kokiri? Does this get covered later in the game? Am I asking something spoiler-related? I'd like to know whether it's an unanswered part of the game?

Since many people put this game between OoT and WW, they both have (possibly the same) Deku Tree/Sprout and Kokiri in them. Yet so far this one doesn't have any mention of Kokiri. And the place where the dekutree and kokiri reside in ww and oot is now the ordon villiage (mirrored), so what's the deal with that?

Cheers.

(no spoilers please)

Kokiri are never mentioned at all.

The 'ending' feels rushed? I think the whole second half of the game feels rushed! But fair enough, I suppose the ending especially.

Well nevertheless, the game was delayed to obviously cater for the wiimote.

This angers me, heavily.

This angers me, heavily.

Yea but if you look at the pics on IGN it looks like they got rid of loads of stuff aswell!

This angers me, heavily.

Well I'm playing the gamecube version, and in my opinion the wiimote would just make the game worse...

The quality of the gameplay will always remain brilliant. This is Zelda and we always expect the best. In a game that was marketed as epic and so forth, it was just an anti-climax.

Music plays a massive role in games. I think Koji Kondo has lost the touch, i dont remember anything memorable from him for a long time.

Music helps games be remembered, they are talked about. Sonic, Mario, the previous Zeldas. Everyone knows their tunes, everyone remembers them fondly.

Totally agree. Music is extremely important in videogames in my eyes, especially epic games such as Zelda and RPGs, and are indeed what you remember them by (or at least bring back the memories).

Yet don't get me wrong, TP still pisses on 95% of other videogames, despite these 'flaws'. Just shows how high the Zelda standard is really.

Oh and I hate Snowhead Ruins, least enjoyable temple yet.

Totally agree. Music is extremely important in videogames in my eyes, especially epic games such as Zelda and RPGs, and are indeed what you remember them by (or at least bring back the memories).

I definitely like music in games, yet I can't (for instance) remember any of the music in SOA even though it's one of my favourite games.

Well I'm playing the gamecube version, and in my opinion the wiimote would just make the game worse...

Other then the aiming, i am not a fan of the wiimote in this game.

At times, they do feel "tacked on"

Other then the aiming, i am not a fan of the wiimote in this game.

At times, they do feel "tacked on"

I have to disagree with that. The aiming is really good yes, but considering it was throwin in I like the controls. For some reason at some part like in big battles, the final battle for example, you dont have to but I started to notice that I was swinging the remote like Link does in game, like uppercutting it etc.

The controls for the wolf, using the wiimote did not fell good actually. I just didnt get the same feeling swiping the remote to bite than to swing a sword.

Started playing today as my component cables arrived and I'm so impressed! I'm at the point where you have 4 or 5 monkeys following you around. I'm abit stuck, gunna try and figure it out in abit though. Oh and one question, is the twilight realm supposed to look abit blurry?

Started playing today as my component cables arrived and I'm so impressed! I'm at the point where you have 4 or 5 monkeys following you around. I'm abit stuck, gunna try and figure it out in abit though. Oh and one question, is the twilight realm supposed to look abit blurry?

I see like me you recieved your Wii on the 25th:) .

Im on a similar part played about 4 hours so far and although it did drag a bit with the labourious colection of items and such. Im definitely enjoying it more and more as I progress. If it can surpass Oot I will be a very happy man.

Still doesn't beat Wii Tennis though:heh: (can't get enough of that game).:yay:

I love the wiimote controls. I found it a little bit strange holding a Gamecube controller afterwards. With Zelda, I don't notice the movements I make half the time. I just do it. :)

Aiming is much easier. I love the sword fighting, too. It can be improved upon, so here's hoping that they improve it even more so in the next game.

I also love the way the speaker has been used. Hearing that classic Zelda jingle coming outta it...amazing, imo.

About music: Music needs to be used in the right 'tone' and at the right time. For example, play Star Wars Rogue Leader on the Gamecube and listen to the music in the Death Star trench. (yeah, I know its mimicking the film, but hear me out)

What good would a quiet, eeric soundtrack do there? If there is a lot of action going on, you need a booming soundtrack to accomodate it.

I love the music in this game. I think it just compliments the overall feel. That 'disturbing' tune you get when you fight those twilight monsters (the ones that leave warp points) just seems to fit the action, although I don't know why.

I absolutely love the Hyrule field music. It feels quite Majora's Mask-y. Epic, yet also dark. :)

So, yeah! Some of you may hate the music, but I love it.

Surprised to hear that some people don't like the wii-remote controls. I thought they were excellent.

Aiming is fantastic and even slashing your sword wasn't as annoying as I thought it would be. The shield blows are excellent as is spinning the nunchuk to do a spin attack (by the way, who misses the awesome spin attacks where you charged it up and released a BIG energy wave? The one in TP is pretty crap)

The only niggle is attacking as a wolf but then I press 'A' to attack as a wolf every time.

I don't 'hate' the music, I just think it's rubbish and forgetful, un-epic, and not a patch on the tunes of the previous 3 console Zeldas.

I love the wiimote controls. I found it a little bit strange holding a Gamecube controller afterwards. With Zelda, I don't notice the movements I make half the time. I just do it. :)

Aiming is much easier. I love the sword fighting, too. It can be improved upon, so here's hoping that they improve it even more so in the next game.

I also love the way the speaker has been used. Hearing that classic Zelda jingle coming outta it...amazing, imo.

I agree completely (appart from when the nunchuck takes about 5 seconds to register my intentions of doing a spin attack:mad: !)

I also love the sound for the remote makes EXCEPT

really gets on my nerves! Its a shame you can't adjust the remote volume, at least from in game!

I didn't even realise you could use the remote to attack as a wolf until halfway through the game, it's much better and easier just to use A.

I like the controls with the remote, the only thing that annoyed me was sometimes I went to do the shield-butt thing and it did the spin attack, but maybe I wasn't doing it right.

I didn't even realise you could use the remote to attack as a wolf until halfway through the game, it's much better and easier just to use A.

I like the controls with the remote, the only thing that annoyed me was sometimes I went to do the shield-butt thing and it did the spin attack, but maybe I wasn't doing it right.

I didn't realise you could use the A button till near the end!:p

About music: Music needs to be used in the right 'tone' and at the right time. For example, play Star Wars Rogue Leader on the Gamecube and listen to the music in the Death Star trench. (yeah, I know its mimicking the film, but hear me out)

What good would a quiet, eeric soundtrack do there? If there is a lot of action going on, you need a booming soundtrack to accomodate it.

I disagree with that- you can create very interesting atmospheres by using music that appears to have the wrong mood. Watch Mai HiME episode 15 if you don't know what I mean.

In fact, I find it slightly annoying when the background music in Zelda changes when enemies are nearby... it just irritates me if I was enjoying the other music.

I didn't realise you could use the A button till near the end!:p

haha no way!

You mus have gotten out of the cell like me then. You used that Z + A to jump attack the box?

I did that then I wa told on here and in the game by Midna that you can waggle it to attack, I cried.

I'm almost done with the first temple. I wish I had a better quality tv, but at least I have the sound comming through my high-fi system, which is perfectly placed, so it sounds amazing.

Its a shame you can't adjust the remote volume, at least from in game!

You can. Press the home button and look down.

I completed the first Temple and I was watching my brother play it and he got a chest that I missed with a heart piece inside. So I went back to the temple and couldn't pass because there were no monkeys to help me across on the ropes. Help?

Just started playing it and I'm a few hours in. It's OK, not very impressed by the wolf bits and dark and blurry twilight sections (I presume that's not a spolier)

Most disappointing thing for me is the camera, wish you could use the Wiimote or the d-pad to move it around. At least I found out how to turn off the pointer, which was very annoying to have on screen all the time.

The C-Stick to move the camera was sorely missed this time around I feel. It was so handy in the Wind Waker and so easily implemented.