NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Like most others I am loving this game so far!

I'm just under 5 hours in total and am just about to start the Forest Temple, in comparison to the first 5 hours of Ocarina and A Link To The Past (my current favourite) this one is out on top.... by a mile!

Oh yeah and I found the fishing bit really easy, caught two in a couple of minutes!

I'm 5 and a half hours in and right at the end of the forest temple.

As soon as you finish the fishing bit it all speeds up from there. The remote and 'chuck works fantastic together, 'tis so comfortable and easy to use, and still accurate and a lot of fun. Definitely a must buy game. Anyone know how many dungeons there are? Or maybe i dont want to know :P

Just, don't let the fishing put you off. I've just this minute finished the forest temple. This game is really starting to come into its own. :)

Oooo, i want to play more. But, I know it has to end eventually. Hence why I'm hesistant to play too much in one go.

I'm trying not to play more Zelda until my tooth has stopped aching. It's ruining the experience and besides, by Monday I should have a component cable too.

Ive just finished the forest temple too, played for about 3 hours straight just now plus bits and bats during the day. my housemate just sat and watched me and shouted swing harder a lot :P

I always remember the how i loved that ocarina went day to night when you where in hyrule field, with the sun rising etc.

Whats it like in TP? is it as cool? better?

After playing for around 7 hours i'm in the second dungeon on its mini boss who is shit tough hense i stopped for abit.

The game, feels kinda weird. It doesn't have that magic that Wind Waker had, i was a huge fan of that game. The sword controls feel awkward and weird to be honest, i find that i can't do "small movements" and sometimes its just unresponsive. Especially how if i just want my sword out i have to actually swing the sword.

I'm really enjoying it, and i LOVE Midna. Shes sarcastic as fuck, which is awesome. Over all, its a fantastic game but i've got a couple of gripes with it...

After playing for around 7 hours i'm in the second dungeon on its mini boss who is shit tough hense i stopped for abit.

The game, feels kinda weird. It doesn't have that magic that Wind Waker had, i was a huge fan of that game. The sword controls feel awkward and weird to be honest, i find that i can't do "small movements" and sometimes its just unresponsive. Especially how if i just want my sword out i have to actually swing the sword.

I'm really enjoying it, and i LOVE Midna. Shes sarcastic as fuck, which is awesome. Over all, its a fantastic game but i've got a couple of gripes with it...

Yeah, Midna is an excellent character.

The sword controls are a bit iffy, but it was all forgiven when I was running towards the boss door in the forest dungeon and threw the wiimote outward to draw my sword saying "Let's do this!"

It sounds cheesy, and don't get me wrong - it was, but it was awesome.

---

I also quite enjoyed the little moment I had when I first entered the dungeon to that familiar new music and surroundings. I speak out aloud to myself a lot, but this time I simply said "Okay then, let's get on with it." Just felt kind of special to finally be back in a new Zelda adventure after pratting about for three hours beforehand.

I was playing last night, and i like exploring etc. So I was looking around when i was going to save that little kid who went into the woods.

This game is really beautiful.

It doesnt looke great cos of the composite cable but hat'll be rectified. I love the tune Link does when he blows for Epona and the Hawk aswell is awesome.

The fishing with that first rod you get I thought was fun, however the arm.......it just doesnt look right keeping it straight like that.

Gonna rack up more hours of this game today.

Well its about time I entered the fray with my comments on the game so far.

I have just reached the Forest Temple and upto now this game is everything I had hoped for. Best part for me so far has got to be the whole Hyrule Castle sequence/cutscene. Just hearing the classic castle music had me all giddy inside.

Controls wise I wasnt really keen on the whole waving the remote around but I have started to get used to it. The actual holding of the controls though is very comfortable indeed.

Im trying not to rush through the game as I really want it to last but its hard not to play on it when I know its just sitting there.

Well its about time I entered the fray with my comments on the game so far.

I have just reached the Forest Temple and upto now this game is everything I had hoped for. Best part for me so far has got to be the whole Hyrule Castle sequence/cutscene. Just hearing the classic castle music had me all giddy inside.

Controls wise I wasnt really keen on the whole waving the remote around but I have started to get used to it. The actual holding of the controls though is very comfortable indeed.

Im trying not to rush through the game as I really want it to last but its hard not to play on it when I know its just sitting there.

Pretty much the same for me (although i'm not quite at the Forest Temple yet). Really taking my time, although when i'm playing i really don't want to stop and when I do stop I just want to go back. A friend is coming round soon and will want to play Zelda, i'll have to wait a bit longer till i can sit down alone and immerse myself again.

Quick question, for the bees nest, did you use the slingshot or the sexeh hawk?

I used the latter.

Darn....I'm going through this game too fast. Just got to the third dungeon - It's amazing how long it it between them, too, especially as the overworld sections never seem "stretched out". It's great.

I'd also like to say that I love all of the new creature designs. With a lot of the redesigned enemies I basically said "OMG! Those are [Name]!" - they are familiar, and instantly recognisable (well, If you know the names of most standard Zelda creatures), yet look completely different.

Do people play with the pointer on or off? I play with it off, no fairy, and aiming is much easier and accurate.

Helpful fishing tip.

With the gay fishing rod that you use in the beginning of the game all you need to do tto catch the fish is get a bite and hold the wiimote up high like a flag untill you catch the fish.

Do people play with the pointer on or off? I play with it off, no fairy, and aiming is much easier and accurate.

Dude you are making a huge mistake. Just give the pointer a chance and after about 5 seconds you won't evan notice the fairy. If you adjust your pointers sensitivity properly aiming with wiimote will be easy(and accurate) as pie.

I always remember the how i loved that ocarina went day to night when you where in hyrule field, with the sun rising etc.

Whats it like in TP? is it as cool? better?

Better. There is more time in between night and day, and when the music shifts into the eary night theme it is glorious.

Hey lucky TP-playing people!

Until my Wii arrives, I can only look at the box. Looking at the boxes of Twilight Princess, Red Steel and Super Monkey Ball, I noticed that Zelda doesn't have the 50Hz/60Hz-logo, not does the manual mention the possibility of 480p, unlike the other manuals. Is Zelda 50Hz-only? I would find that rather surprising actually in the day 'n age.

Just on the Boss fight in the Forest Temple. What is really impressing me is the sheer size of the temples, its took me ages to do this first one.

You guys are so lucky...

I'm new to the forum, and am getting TP for Christmas- does it have the Temple of Time from Ocarina? I loved that place- so beautiful and magical but so mysterious and eery at the same time...

temple of time is a dungeon

there are 8 or nine dungeons mentiond in Nintendo power (why dont mags have spoiler boxes :angry: )

though later in the mag (in an interview with aumora he mentiones there are more than oot's nine

I finnaly collected all of the Poes, heart peices, gold bugs, caught every fish there is, played and beat every mini-game, collected all of the waepon upgrades, and explored every square inch of this game. Time it took to beat the main game 33:10:47, time to do the rest 60:37:52. I'm going to go play through again now.

Yeah, Midna is an excellent character.

The sword controls are a bit iffy, but it was all forgiven when I was running towards the boss door in the forest dungeon and threw the wiimote outward to draw my sword saying "Let's do this!"

It sounds cheesy, and don't get me wrong - it was, but it was awesome.

I think I love you more and more each day. That is plain awesome.

I'm really getting into this game now. Once you get to the first temple, thats when the adventure starts. Gonna play lots more later.

Simply amazing. Just done temple number 4. The game is massive. Won't say what it is, or what happens.