NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Thread

I was stuck on this level for ages too. I tried many different methods, but the one that I did it with was the slow and steady approach. Stick to the left of the platforms and scoot across them as soon as it becomes horizontal. As the next one is slightly off than the last, you should be able to just run across them. Stop on a static ground and repeat on the next lot. Small jumps may also help if you get in a pickle. Stick to it and you should manage to do it.

..ah.. I was gonna reply a minute ago with advice, and then realised I was thinking of the flipping platforms in Cobalt Caverns.. then I thought it was probably the stage you are talking about, but wasn't sure so I thought I'd best not reply to look stupid :heh:

..pretty good advice you gave.. maybe start moving onto the platform just slightly before it's horizontal.. I found that when there were 2 rotating platforms in front of you simply to get onto the first one and then jump over the second onto the level ground. When there's 3, a couple of jumps should do it..

..jumping can save you on many occasions (as it has with me when I thought I was about to fall to my doom)

..and I unlocked World 9 last night.. so I must be doing something right.. :grin:

Great, thanks guys. I'll try it later. I had tried taking it slowly first, but fell, so I'd been trying to race across as fast as posible. :)

I have one more "tip". If you are running your Wii in 60Hz (480i) then put your Wii in 50 Hz (576i) whilst playing. This makes the game run slower, thus giving you more time, so to speak.

I have been running my Wii in 50Hz due to a offset picture when changing to 60Hz, I sorted that out (by simply changing settings, then unplugging my Scart cable and plugging it back in) and played Monkey Ball again. Holy Cow. It's like it's been plugged into a super charger. It's so much faster, it actually makes the game a little harder just with it in 60Hz.

so if you are still having trouble just alter you Wii settings while you play the game.

If there's a game right now that convinces me that the wiimote can actually without doubt strengthen the controls of already established genres, it's this.

I'm surprised time and again how good the controls in the single player are, and how often - even when I spaz around - I end up where I want. The solo stuff is sadly extremely easy, and I wasn't really feeling Monkey Ball 1 style heat until the volcano world (no pun... well maybe a little), but it's so easily forgivable just based on the stylistic upgrade, the music and the delightful variety in the worlds you play through.

I loved Monkey Ball, the first one, but after the updates to that, the DS and GBA games and the dreadful adventure game I wasn't sure that more Monkey Ball is neccessarily a good thing. This has turned me right 'round though.

The interface is clunky and 80-ish percent of the mini games are absolute rubbish, but as a precursor to Wii SMBs to come (fingers crossed) and an indication of how precise and reliable the tilt controls can be, I think this is pretty fantastic.

I also didn't mind the boss battles much. Once I got to grips with the controls I just looked for their patterns and it was no biggie. The octopus is *hardest*, but once you figure out that you need to hop over two waves at the end, there's really nothing standing between you and.. er.. a knockedopus. :o

Things keep the game from being really great, but to me it's a bit like Feel The Magic. Flawed, but a good sign of things to come.

Oh and sorry for going "BWOAIIISE FWOM YO GWOAAAVE!" on this topic, but I only got my Wii about a week ago. :)