NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Red Steel Thread

Thrust down with nunchuck and Wii mote at the same time while holding Z to perform the hammer move which damages the sword of the swordsman.

The komoris are easy including the sam fischer style leader that yields the poison sword. Usually they begin with a phase of fierce sweeps for which you can't block, dodge instead then slash, 3 to 4 normal slashes or perform a special combo learnt from training for increased damaged, when their health gets to the lower end, they minimise fierce swings and go for conventional swings, block at the correct time with the nunchuck to make them lose their balance, repeat swings to slash them, bam done defeated. You'll breeze through them once you memorise their attack patterns.

Either block it and the swing down with the nunchuk, or block and swing with the nunchuk (all depending on wether it was a feirce attack or not)

OR you can use that double down-handed attack thing.

I think my game has a glitch! When I start the mission at the sushi bar I can use guns i have my sword out but can use it and so I die! Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do?

Just statrted to play this again, finsihed Zelda so getting back into it. I mightneed to change the settings for swords, to short motions. not much of a big motion man.

I played some more of this last night... the game has checkpoints up the wazoo. Is this how modern shooter em ups go? Like clear a room or two then it saves...? Ok, its very handy for when you die and only have to restart on the room you were killed in, but it makes it a bit easy. Splinter Cell was checkpointed, but they seemed to be more spread out and I was happy to reach them as I felt Id made some progress!

Speaking of Splinter Cell, Ive been noticing that Ive been playing Red Steel in Splinter Cell mode - like sneaking around, hiding behind things, picking of baddies and moving quite a bit crouched. Its fun! And you know the way you can target with A? Well Ive been finding that a bit of a hindrance when I try it :hmm:

Sword Fightings really quite cool, I love blowing stuff up and when I lose control and spin its my own fault for pointing off the screen so I cant really complain. The only thing that would be nice would be a run button, I dont see, to move that quickly at times.

Quality game though, get the sequel underway! :bouncy:

I think my game has a glitch! When I start the mission at the sushi bar I can use guns i have my sword out but can use it and so I die! Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do?

Please can anyone help me?

I can wait till the next one! Hopefuly it shouldn't have any glitches:mad: ! I'd love to see some form of co-op mode, tighten the controls up,get the rest of the graphics on par with the lighting (which is fantastic!) It must have online play, its begging for it! More multiplayer modes, better level design (instead of kill everyone in two rooms and move on!) More and smaller multiplayer levels!

Does anyone else think the guns do too little damage?

Please can anyone help me?

Have you tried pressing the change weapon button (right on D-Pad)

Have you tried pressing the change weapon button (right on D-Pad)

I worked! Thanks! By bad!:p

if you got stuck on that daft you are going to LOVE the geisha level (sarc)

Done the Geisha level! (I assume its the one where u have to save the 2 lots of geishas?) Whats wrong with it? I didn't think it was that hard.

Has anyone elses pointer started flickering around the screen while playing Red Steel, its really annoying when trying to shoot guns out of peoples hands! Also the speajer in my remote keeps going on and off, I'm pretty sure its not the remote because I tried Zelda and WiiSports and not a problem. Has this happened to anyone else?

getting through the window at the beginning can be very frustrating

The good old crouch-jump technique got me through like a burgler at Christmas!!:santa:

After all the conflicting reviews (which put me off buying red steel this long), at last I gathered courage to buy it so I can make up my own mind. Spent quite some hours playing it this afternoon and I'm not disappointed. I don't think the controls are that dodgy. Reminds me of the first time I played FPS with mouse + keyboard, but I'm better this time. It's hardly worth the criticism of a game. If anything, I think it's well implemented.

Im beginning to wonder whether those complaining about it just don't have much dexterity. I can run around a corner while turning the head against the rotation, while firing pinpoint at the enemy, without holding A. Much like on PC FPS. Not much difference then, from PC gaming, but feels really refreshing for me after a decade of keyboard + mouse FPS.

I'm relieved to find that Wii control interface can match mouse+keyboard when players get used to it.

After all the conflicting reviews (which put me off buying red steel this long), at last I gathered courage to buy it so I can make up my own mind. Spent quite some hours playing it this afternoon and I'm not disappointed. I don't think the controls are that dodgy. Reminds me of the first time I played FPS with mouse + keyboard, but I'm better this time. It's hardly worth the criticism of a game. If anything, I think it's well implemented.

Im beginning to wonder whether those complaining about it just don't have much dexterity. I can run around a corner while turning the head against the rotation, while firing pinpoint at the enemy, without holding A. Much like on PC FPS. Not much difference then, from PC gaming, but feels really refreshing for me after a decade of keyboard + mouse FPS.

I'm relieved to find that Wii control interface can match mouse+keyboard when players get used to it.

I'm glad you had the courage to pick it up. I think this could be my next Wii game.

It really doesn't warrant all this criticism about controls though. Personally, I thought the controls were excellent.

i think many doubters will buy it... but just not at full price. My target price £9.95. I pity the fool who pays £39.99.

Personally I love this game! I haven't gotten a Wii yet, but one of my close friends has, and we are both massive fps fans, so we've played this a lot. After turning down the sensitivity (it needs a slider bar for adjusting it, really), I can now effectively counter my friends sniper-rifle antics with even just an Uzi.

By the way, this game has the most realistic shotgun of any game out there.

i think many doubters will buy it... but just not at full price. My target price £9.95. I pity the fool who pays £39.99.

I pity the fool who doesn't by it right now. To get the most out of it, have a second controller, as the multiplayer is really good.

I pity the fool who doesn't by it right now. To get the most out of it, have a second controller, as the multiplayer is really good.

I just pity the fool (the fool being blender).

GOd I'm in a weird mood today, must have made more posts in the past 12 hours than in the past month!

My god, you are such a n00b.

BTW one little (?) thing... sorry if this has been mentioned in earlier million pages here, but the japanese voice over sucks so bad they must have hired Uma Thurman for it. My acquired japanese may not be perfect but the badness is so fantastically clear it blew my pants off to outer space. And we've spent over a decade criticising them for exporting RPGs with weird, broken english translation. Is it just me or does anyone else see the irony.

But, I guess the devs wanted to spend more money on innovation instead of other multimedia aspect, which is fair enough. On the balance of things they've done well for me. just need to plug my ears during cutscenes.:o

My target price £9.95.
£0.01 may be a little cheaper.

That rollercoaster in bunny world is pissing me right off.

If it wasn't hard enough as it is there's a glitch that means you get knocked off for no reason at random.

BTW one little (?) thing... sorry if this has been mentioned in earlier million pages here, but the japanese voice over sucks so bad they must have hired Uma Thurman for it. My acquired japanese may not be perfect but the badness is so fantastically clear it blew my pants off to outer space. And we've spent over a decade criticising them for exporting RPGs with weird, broken english translation. Is it just me or does anyone else see the irony.

I only really noticed it at the start when miyu (not sure on the name, but scott's girlfriend) was talking in japanese.

i played this for the first time today. have to admit it's better than I expected but bloody the controls take a while to get used to.

Hows the Face doing nowadays?