NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

PAL Virtual Console Games Run In 50 HZ

First of all, people don't replace their television sets that often. Some of us even have 10-20 year old sets. Furthermore, you didn't saw the panic that rised on Nintendo of Finland's official forums when someone speculated that Wii wouldn't support 50 hz at all.

I hate to sound like a complete prick, but as a tech head it pains me when technology as simple as something as 60hz PAL Virtual console games is held back in favour of something so simple as this.

Okay maybe it was done for nostagic reasons, but the simple fact is there seems to be no reason why there isn't US 60hz (such as Mario 64 but more wide spread) as well as 50hz versions.

Ah well, at least Nintendo finally ditched RF support...

Okay, RF support is now gone which is a good thing. 60 hz support should be in every television bought in the last 10 or so years (or maybe even 15 years). Also a SCART connector. If you have a TV that only supports RF then you eventually have to upgrade to a proper TV seeing as Europe is moving away from analog TV signals so you'd have to have a digibox to watch any TV channel, and you need to have a SCART compatible TV to use those.

50 hz only and RF are obsolete technology, should Microsoft produce Windows XP for 15-year-old 66 MHz computers just because some people don't want to buy a newer computer?

Okay, RF support is now gone which is a good thing. 60 hz support should be in every television bought in the last 10 or so years (or maybe even 15 years). Also a SCART connector. If you have a TV that only supports RF then you're eventually have to upgrade to a proper TV seeing as Europe is moving away from analog TV signals so you'd have to have a digibox to watch any TV channel, and you need to have a SCART compatible TV to use those.

50 hz only and RF are obsolete technology, should Microsoft produce Windows XP for 15-year-old 66 MHz computers just because some people don't want to buy a newer computer?

Yes they should!!! :P

That's a bit sucky, although one of my TVs can't actually display 60Hz. Even so, there should have somehow been a way to sort that out anyway, because my xbox can play 60Hz DVDs on my 50Hz TV fine. I'm not sure why I'm mentioning all this...

To be honest, I've never noticed much difference, but then again, I haven't played alot of stuff in 60Hz either.