NEurope
mcj metroid

Metal gear solid:Twin snakes

Ok let me say that as remakes go this is ok but does anybody else prefer the original to this.

Yes i know the graphics where more impressive but they could have been far better.i found sons of liberty to have better graphics.

Also why did they have to redo the voice acting.Some of it sounded strange.Like when meryl was first being possed by mantis.

Some of the cutscenes were improves but most were over exaggerated.

the controls were also dodgy.i dont know why they didnt just try to map the ps1 controls to the gamecube pad.The equivilent i mean.like i regard B on a gc controller to = square on the ps1 pad.Kept pressing wrong buttons.

this is just because i played the origianl though.Were there any of ye that played this game for the first time on gamecube?Please tell me how you found it?

The cutscenes were directed by Ryuhei Kitamura. If you watch his film Versus, he has a habit of making things over the top.

The game was developed by Silicon Knights. Merely supervised by Kojima.

With the MGS2 mechanics, the game has become a lot easier.

Whether the game is better is irrelevant. It is merely an evolution. It wont touch the original MGS in terms of impact.

The controls? Well that's the limitations of the gamecube pad.

Voice acting was re-done because there was added voice over work aswell.

Sons of liberty does look better, this is because it was developed, by Konami, utilising all of PS2s power.

I bought this. Couldnt get into the lift past the guards in the first room. Sold it. First impressions: YUCK. Maybe i missed out. Had a similar feeling with metroid.

Were there any of ye that played this game for the first time on gamecube?Please tell me how you found it?

I only played the first few scenarios of the PS version back in 98 at a friend's.

I bought the GC version this past February and you ask how I found it? Fucking brilliant, that's how. :awesome: I do not regret buying this not even for a milisecond. The controls are fine and the GC controller is also fine, I never found any limitations on the controller, on any game.

I know Kitamura's work (I recommend Aragami) so the cutscenes didn't shock me. They're full of rich details, like when Liquid senses Solid when he's coming up the elevator in the main titles sequence. Great camera angles on the chopper and the Snakes. Are some of them over the top? Yes, especially the missile one... but I can live with that, the game is a masterpiece. I only wish I could play the second one on the Cube too, as I don't own a PS2.

I bought this. Couldnt get into the lift past the guards in the first room. Sold it. First impressions: YUCK. Maybe i missed out. Had a similar feeling with metroid.

Your avatar speaks for itself

WTF! that was the first easy part of the game. :indeed:

I personally loved this game to bits. Im a big fan of OTT action sequences and this just had it all. From the first fight with Ninja, to when Snake flips the sniper rifle into his hands this game was awesome.

I agree with Dabooker that it lacks the impact of the first game but that is usually the case with any remake but this game is still worthy of a purchase and playthrough.

I personally loved this game to bits. Im a big fan of OTT action sequences and this just had it all. From the first fight with Ninja, to when Snake flips the sniper rifle into his hands this game was awesome.

I agree with Dabooker that it lacks the impact of the first game but that is usually the case with any remake but this game is still worthy of a purchase and playthrough.

Actually, the Ninja sequences were one of my favourite sequences from the game. Totally awesome.

Shame they showed almost every single cutscene in the 30min trailer.

Wow, I really can't believe anyone thought this game wasn't totally awesome. I loved it. I loved the graphics, the gameplay and all the over the top cutscenes. I was hooked from start to finish, for me it was one of the best Gamecube games out there, I adore it!

I thought it was as good as the original. Problem is, i thought that was a tad overrated. It's a good game, but it's not great. I still enjoyed it though, and it had a really great storyline.

I thought it was great.. have finished it 3 times so far.. never played the original but I really enjoyed The Twin Snakes.

The problem is, once you play this one, no one will be able to play the original.

I remember first playing Metal Gear Solid on the ps1. It blew my mind. Simple as.

This is one of them games I'd get now if I manage to spy it on the cheap. I like Splinter Cell and this series has a pretty decent reputation so Im sure it would worthily take its place amongst me collection o' classics.

The problem is, once you play this one, no one will be able to play the original.

I remember first playing Metal Gear Solid on the ps1. It blew my mind. Simple as.

Never played the original, and you're right, after playing this I have no desire to either.

Never played the original, and you're right, after playing this I have no desire to either.

It would be pointless, who has ever replayed Resi 1 for the ps1? You would just play the cube version.

Hahahaha, oh my dear n00b, thankyou for giving me some perspective here...

man...and I thought I was shit when I couldn't beat Ikaruga...

I finished this game 3 times, only to get the bandana and stealth though...then again so I could actually use them :).

Hahahaha, oh my dear n00b, thankyou for giving me some perspective here...

man...and I thought I was shit when I couldn't beat Ikaruga...

I finished this game 3 times, only to get the bandana and stealth though...then again so I could actually use them :).

hahaha this really puts things into perspective! The only game I had trouble with this generation was F-Zero GX, that was brutal on the higher difficulty settings. But I never played Ikaruga.

Twin Snakes is the only MGS game I've played.

Can't say I enjoyed it all that much, apart from few moments and cutscenes; such as the Helicopter Gunship moment etc... on the roof, that was great.

Infact I think I'll put this game up for sale on ebay, don't want to play it again!

Stupid GAME, sold it to me in a DVD case though, with both discs on the same holder! I've substituted it for a single gamecube case, but it's still annoying, as the top disc often comes loose! May have to buy a double DVD case from somewhere!

Snake was a show-off, that was my only problem.

It is out of character for him.

Am keeping my copy because it's the kind of game you can complete on a Sunday and never get bored of. It's never gonna go down from it's current value of £25 though because it's so rare.

Twin Snakes is the only MGS game I've played.

Can't say I enjoyed it all that much, apart from few moments and cutscenes; such as the Helicopter Gunship moment etc... on the roof, that was great.

Infact I think I'll put this game up for sale on ebay, don't want to play it again!

Stupid GAME, sold it to me in a DVD case though, with both discs on the same holder! I've substituted it for a single gamecube case, but it's still annoying, as the top disc often comes loose! May have to buy a double DVD case from somewhere!

AHHH, the wonders of shopping at GAME - damn I hate that place!

MGS:TTS was a great game and the second MGS game i've played. The first was the original back on the PSOne. This version of the game is not only graphically better, but it makes you want to play it again once you have beaten it for the alternative endings and unlockables.

The PSX game was is monumentel piece of gaming history, and I find the cube-game better. True to the original, all changes improved an already perfect game.

Great work Silicon Knights!

hahaha this really puts things into perspective! The only game I had trouble with this generation was F-Zero GX, that was brutal on the higher difficulty settings. But I never played Ikaruga.

Ikaruga is the only cube game that beats F-Zero in terms of difficulty...actually, thats not true...Ikaruga was fair...F-Zero wasn't at all, the hardest difficulty was just...well, words fail me...

*hangs self*

Oh god I remember how bloody insane f-zero was. Although doing chapter 1 on very hard is probably my finest achievement in any video game.