NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nucleus

Nintendo Magazines

Hey all,

I'm thinking about getting a magazine subscription for X-mas. I used to subscribe to NOM UK years ago but cancelled it. I'm not sure which one to go for: ONM, NGamer... those are the only ones I know about :). Anyway, I don't really want a multiplatform mag like Edge; I never read it all.

So which ones do you read? Any suggestions?

What the fuck? O_o

WE HAVE A HACKER PEOPLE, A HACKER

Oh, and Edge is gr8. If you want single format, get, well, DONT GET ONM

I read ONM, tried n-gamer but didn't like the layout :S

Edge is for more mature readers I think, I bought one issue and hated it.

ONM is abit shit too but I like it lol

EDIT: Omg just realised booker LOL HACKER!1ONE!!!

NGamer is the best due to the wit and good reviews (e.g. not giving every Nintendo game over 90% *cough* ONM *cough*).

Which is why I usually go for multi format ones such as Edge, Games and Gamesmaster, plus I own multiple formats anyway.

n.Revolution, always find is better than the others.

Thant's my 2 pennys worth!!

NGamer is the best due to the wit and good reviews (e.g. not giving every Nintendo game over 90% *cough* ONM *cough*).

Telly has a good point there, ONM's reviews is just pages of advertising really. Giving INCREDIBLE (wii play 91% and gold award :/) scores. More sales for nintendo.

Well it's very easy for any magazine to call Zelda the uncontested game of the year when they haven't had to do a Gears of War review.

Which is why I usually go for multi format ones such as Edge and Gamestm

fixed......

yeah after buying ONM and getting N-gamer for the zelda poster, i read through it of course, why not, i was really surprised, but not surprised at the difference in scoers between the two. Theres a lot of 80's and down, the odd one or two 90's.

And this i like about them.

Trouble is...I have to get ONM, otherwise that nintendo spine thing won't look good 1/4 finished.

1 am teh ub3r h@x0r! ROFLCOPTER *ahem*

If you want single format, get, well, DONT GET ONM

I see where your coming from!

Anywho, sounds good so far. Currently leaning towards NGamer. Any other people who can recommend n.Revolution?

What the fuck? O_o

WE HAVE A HACKER PEOPLE, A HACKER

erm...yeah I'm not being funny but how did this guy start a thread?

You've twisted my arm. I'm not really an ub3r haxor. I posted in general and it ended up here... *cue twilight zone music*

Which ever gives the best free gift with a subscription... I quite like Edge myself, very professional and also has cool front covers (like the zelda one)

Yeah Edge is my favourite magazine, offers something abit different I feel and they aren't fanboys! plus ace free tshirts or a bag as free gifts with your subscription.

You've twisted my arm. I'm not really an ub3r haxor. I posted in general and it ended up here... *cue twilight zone music*

And guess who moved it.

So yeah, no hax0r.

Hmm, i don't really read magazines anymore to be honest. By the time news gets to the press, its all over the net.

ONM's fine people!!

I'll prob subscribe to a multi once I get a 360:)

ONM was terrible the last time I read it 5 years ago. It felt like I was reading a children's magazine, not to mention it was biased as hell, and overrated games disgustingly.

NOM was poop when I got it years ago, they rated 40 winks at like 90+%, and Wetrix pretty highly too. I bought wetrix, which was pretty damn cool, and never bought 40 winks, but when it came out I heard nothing about it, and think it turned out to be pants. I had 2 issues of N64 magazine, that was pretty good, dunno why I didn't start buying it instead(probably too expensive). If thats still around, or changed to something else, it'd be my recommendation based on about 6 years ago. Another problem with NOM is the way their prices were rising, it's probably about £10 an issue by now.

In fact, forget gaming magazines, get a spiderman comic instead!

I've not bought a games mag in years! I've used the internet to find out news and reviews. And if you look at it this way, most mags are now £4 over one year thats £48 - and in that time, hey, you've saved enough for a game!

You could argue that you've still got to pay for the electricity, broadband subscription. But i'd argue bak that its much better for the environment since it won't require trees to be cut down.

Please don't buy Edge unless you're really serious about the industry. Nothing annoys me more than 13 year old internet fanboys buying Edge because they think it makes them cool. :mad:

Fecks sake.

This is ridiculous, just look through/buy some of the magazines you're thinking of subscribing to (e.g. ONM, NGamer, n.Revolution), and then, here's the kicker, subscribe to the one you like best.

You don't really need the advice of people here, as everyone has a different opinion, and situation. For example, those who own over two consoles may say GamesTm is awesome but then if you only own one console then 75% of the magazine will be pretty much redundant.

So just go with what you like. Simple.

Well in my opinion you should go for Edge. Is by far the most serious magazine out there. Best reviews. Great news, articles, features. For me at least is the only mag that actually worth reading. All the others are only if there are any cool gifts.

well i like nintendo power but thats just me and all the news in it is old by the time its published.

(though its pretty funny and i like reading the letters)

Sign in to follow this