NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Midnight Launches

No midnight openings for Wii here in Trondheim =(

me and DiemetriX did play our stores Wii demo unit with Wii Sports, GT something, Rayman and CoD3 untill 23:50 though. And I do have TP for my cube so I guess I'll be able to wait 9 more hours =)

Congrats to all of you who already have your Wii's :D

Ok well gonna sleep now, good luck monkey and the rest of you!

GAME don't fail us now! :)

Night all.

You too mate, Ill be thinking of you, heres hoping all goes well!

Im off too, Night!!

:D

I should be getting mine delivered from Amazon tomorrow (Its in Charlton Depot. at the moment), but no ones in all day so I won't get it :'(

Can I ask a question... my local game is opening at 8 tomorrow morning. I've pre-ordered and they asked what games/accessories I'd like to put aside for Friday as well...

My question is, should I get there for 8 or does it matter if I turn up later?

What you reckon lads?

Get there early, gamestation said the same to me. They hadn't bundled my stuff, by the time I left extra nunchucks, component cables (unofficial of course) and classic controllers, were either sold out or in very short supply.

Get there early, I walked into gamestation at 12 well i was let in, and bought acessories of the shelve.

Yay, I've got my Wii! The staff at my GameStation were being incredibly slow last night, mostly because they were trying to sell people things they didn't want as they got to the counter.. One of them tried to impress me by telling me I could buy that Monster Trucks game, which I had no desire to buy, for £30, and another recommended that I get a memory card because 'Zelda's a big game'.

Luckily, I was about 5th in the queue, but even so, it was around 00:20 when I got served. Considering the size of the line, I would say they wouldn't have served everyone until at least half one.

Got home around quarter to one, and played on Wii Sports, the Mii channel and the beginning of Zelda until around half two. Had to get up at 6.15, and now I'm just wondering how I'm going to survive teaching my Year 5 class today without falling asleep. ;)

Got to say for my first midnight launch it was a pleasant experience. People were talking to each other, like this asian guy in his 20's was like "I got to get one, though its sad coming at 12, but I just had to get one". He was sound and didn't look like the type interested in a Wii at all. Gamestation Luton done a sound job too, I was one of two people to get served first, my transaction went through easy and at 12:01, I was the first purchaser of a Wii at the store. I didn't gloat to the queue now reaching out the door.

Having just picked up Wii Play this morning my launch is now complete, if I could find my cable I'd upload some pics I took but alas I can't, so instead I'll go enjoy my Wii.

Got to say for my first midnight launch it was a pleasant experience. People were talking to each other, like this asian guy in his 20's was like "I got to get one, though its sad coming at 12, but I just had to get one". He was sound and didn't look like the type interested in a Wii at all. Gamestation Luton done a sound job too, I was one of two people to get served first, my transaction went through easy and at 12:01, I was the first purchaser of a Wii at the store. I didn't gloat to the queue now reaching out the door.

Having just picked up Wii Play this morning my launch is now complete, if I could find my cable I'd upload some pics I took but alas I can't, so instead I'll go enjoy my Wii.

It was my first launch night, too!

A few people were walking past and kept asking us in the queue what was going on. Some more people passed and they already knew what was going on, and they seemed quite impressed!

Got into the store, I was about 6th in the queue. When we got into the store, I had a nice little chat with the blokes behind us. The guy was a nutter, and was spending something like 300+ quid. Getting 4 or 5 games. I wish I had money like that!

My mate who was with me started chatting to the Nintendo rep who was there. The rep was a lovely bloke and it was quite fun talking with him.

I was well impressed with the goodies we got. I wasn't expecting to get anything. A t-shirt, mousemate and notepad may not sound much, but it's always going to remind me of that night. You can't put a price on that.

Also, we walked out of Gamestation with 2 Wii balloons! I'm sat next to them as we speak. We walked through town to get home yesterday, carrying 2 balloons and a big bag containing my newly aquired Wii. It would have been easier to have walked around carrying a sign saying "Please mug us!"

Following the launch of the Wii across Europe at midnight last night, Nintendo UK has reported that 50,000 units of the console were sold in just 12 hours.

That equates to one sale every second, according to Nintendo - much to the satisfaction of UK boss David Yarnton.

"We are delighted with the amazing response to Wii and that people of all ages and gaming experience are embracing the way that we are turning the industry on its head," he commented.

"With so many units sold it is great to see that people will be enjoying Wii with their families this Christmas."

The official launch took place at HMV's flagship Oxford Street store, where 17 year old Londoner Marwan Elgamal became the first British gamer to pick up a Wii. Other shops opening at midnight included the GAME store down the road, which saw even longer queues and also sold all of its stock.

CEO Lisa Morgan told GamesIndustry.biz that the retailer was expecting more deliveries next week, but that nothing had been confirmed as yet.

"We are doing everything we can do to meet demand throughout Christmas and the New Year period," Yarnton said.

There's more from Yarnton and full coverage of the launch elsewhere on GamesIndustry.biz. To see photos of the HMV event visit our sister site, Eurogamer.net.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21576

Got into the store, I was about 6th in the queue. When we got into the store, I had a nice little chat with the blokes behind us. The guy was a nutter, and was spending something like 300+ quid. Getting 4 or 5 games. I wish I had money like that!

There was a nutter like that in my queue too, his name was Shadowv7!

My first midnight launch was also an amazing experience. Everyone in the queue was really cool (even the old granny who was with her grandson), we were all having a laugh, and all the staff were laughing at us from the inside who were playing on the demo pods in the store, eating crips etc.

I met up with Shadow and Zero when I first got there, they were the only people in the queue, we talked a bit and 10 minutes later another guy joined us (who was talking to the people inside the shop). The queue gradually built up over the night until about 10pm when they said they would let us in, but they didn't let us in. I tried phoning them, then hanging up straight away to make them let us in, but the guy just growled at me.

At 10:30 we finally got in, picked up all the games and accesories and then went to play a bit of Mario Kart, another random guy joined us, who turned out to be Ronny from here! I won the Mario Kart of course, we also played some Bomberman (Zero or Shadow won) and then I went one-on-one with Shadow on Metroid. I lost. 10-0. I then challenged him to Mario Kart, snaking allowed this time where I kicked his sorry butt. Then it was 12 and we were at the front of the queue!

We got our Wii's, said our goodbyes and then I ran off to the car. I got in, locked the doors as 2 guys were walking towards the car, licked Zelda, and drove home 10 miles an hour above the speed limit the whole way. :)

"even the old granny who was with her son"

Either it's a grandson or a mother, noob.

Check the time of posting guys, I edited mine before he posted this. :heh:

did anyone get the hmv tin or find a pic of it?

I got the tin.

There are pics that i have posted. Just not on this forum.

have to mention.. i was at the Oxford street midnight launch it was great fun apart from the leg aching bladder busting queueing

got my Wii and was home just before 2am and i was happily playing my wii to 4am :)

I was ther too, it rocked! There is a picture of me on eurogamer taking a picture! The Zelda tin is nothing special...except that it is somehow affiliated with Zelda so it is special! Somehow HMV duped me into buying a memory card by telling me Nintendo took out the 512 mb in the console...to be fair by that time I was sooo tired I would have believed anything!