NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Midnight Launches

Southampton GameStation are doing one, but I'm not sure about all the details. On Saturday I spoke to the manager, and he told me they'd be opening at half ten, and the Wiis would be given out in the order that your name appears on the preorder list (I'm eigth). Then just now I phoned up and spoke to a shop assistant, and she told me they're now opening bang on midnight, and the consolse will be first come, first served. Don't know what to do now...

Southampton GameStation are doing one, but I'm not sure about all the details. On Saturday I spoke to the manager, and he told me they'd be opening at half ten, and the Wiis would be given out in the order that your name appears on the preorder list (I'm eigth). Then just now I phoned up and spoke to a shop assistant, and she told me they're now opening bang on midnight, and the consolse will be first come, first served. Don't know what to do now...

do to it with the Wii Preorder receipt and get your Wii before all those who ordered online thinking they might get em earlier lol

So if i haven't pre ordered can i still get a wii at midnight?

not at GS as far as i know, they're not going to have enough consoles to fill their preorders in the first shipment, even the big one in Birmingham aren't going to get enough to satisfy preorders till the second or third shipment.

so basically its first come first served for people who have preordered and are near the topish of the list. some stores may be doing it different;y but thats what i can get out of what they've been saying.

so basically if you haven't preordered your going to have to be obscenely lucky to get one.

So if i haven't pre ordered can i still get a wii at midnight?

You'll have to ask your games store.

I'm really looking forward to the mid night launch.Hopefully I can take some pictures or something and me and Zero are gonna meet up with Moria.I'll probably get a McDonalds :heh:

I'm really looking forward to the mid night launch.Hopefully I can take some pictures or something and me and Zero are gonna meet up with Moria.I'll probably get a McDonalds :heh:

When you go to meet each other, take your DSs for some hot wifi action. :)

PS: Make sure Moria doesn't try to snake. I've heard he does that a lot...

i have to say that I went to the Midnight launches of Halo 2 (although i was on the BBC news in Game) and the original xbox one on oxford street... and both times i have never seen such a bunch of freaks in my life.. it was like OMG, gaming hasn't really moved out of the realm of the unwashed, unfashionable freaks, no matter what anyone says.

THEN... I went to the 360 midnight launch at game in Norwich... that was like someone please just kill me. There was this bloke in a wheel chair who stunk of piss and looked like he had brown sauce all over his mouth -only he got to wait inside. Then the rest of people all looked like they wrere on benefit, but stumped up 500 smackers.

All three times it's been like something little britain would reject for being just a bit too freakish

anyway... thank god, game is opening at 7am so hopefully the majority of the local freaks will stillbe in bed and I can just nip into town and get it.

Gamestation, Luton.

You must confirm your attendance (they should call you if you were allocated a unit), pre-orders only.

Edit - Forgot to state I shall be attending.

Gamestation luton phoned me to ask if I would there for the midnight launch but I can't be. I'm not back from uni until the saturday. And as a side note, apparently if I don't pick it up on saturday then my preorder will be passed onto the next person on the list.

I hope they still have copies of zelda left on saturday, they said they have loads so I'm hoping they do.

Gamestation luton phoned me to ask if I would there for the midnight launch but I can't be. I'm not back from uni until the saturday. And as a side note, apparently if I don't pick it up on saturday then my preorder will be passed onto the next person on the list.

I hope they still have copies of zelda left on saturday, they said they have loads so I'm hoping they do.

Just for you, I'll post up how busy it was. That would give a rough indication of whom you'll have to beat to get your Zelda. When I placed the pre-order they said they can hold it for 48 hours, so yeah on Sunday they will probably sell it on.

As for the store, had a chat with the chap in there today, I wanted to know what time to get there. He said they'll open up around after 11:30, most likely around quarter to twelve. He then said they'll have demo pods set up, whether he meant Wii ones or the current 360 one I dunno, but he said they'll be there for people to play on. Then concluded by re-iterrating the point they can't sell you (me, you, the consumer) a Wii until after 12.

Gamestation - Altrincham

What, are you attending there? I live there! About 2 minutes from Altrincham GS...had no idea they were doing a midnight launch, what with them being a small store there and all.

I'm hopefully going to Game in Sauchiehall St in Glasgow if they are opening at midnight.

I got nice plans, going to see The Fratellis and Kasabian at the SECC then into town, head to Game, pick up my Wii then home for gaming fun :D

I'm probably going to EB at Fountain Gate (Australia). I doubt anyone else will be though, considering the majority of people here live in the UK.

Just for you, I'll post up how busy it was.

Thanks. Also, if you remember, can you ask how many copies of zelda they have? For some reason they said they couldn't tell me this over the phone.

I'm just really starting to worry that I'm going to get a shiny new wii on saturday and not going to be able to get my hands on a copy of zelda because it'll be sold out within a day

What, are you attending there? I live there! About 2 minutes from Altrincham GS...had no idea they were doing a midnight launch, what with them being a small store there and all.

Yep, midnight launch confirmed... I'll be there from about 10ish (mate works in barracuda so I'm gonna be heading up to there to meet him, from there we're going to GS... I'm taking my DS of course too!

there is no midnight launch in Dumfries but they are opening early on Friday morning (7:30am) so its really not so bad so to speak

To those of you who will be going to the GAME and HMV midnight launches on Oxford Street and have PRE ORDERED:

What time are you heading to the store?

To those of you who will be going to the GAME and HMV midnight launches on Oxford Street and have PRE ORDERED:

What time are you heading to the store?

Im going to HMV but i havent pre ordered my Wii from them, but i can still go and buy Zelda right? ( I want that Tin)

Edit: im going there now to ask about the event 2morrow. I hope u didn't have to pre order Zelda to get the Tin :<

hey dudes me and my twin bro are going to the hmv launch were heading out there at 9am so if anyones going maybe we can meet up

hey iam missing college but hey what can you do i WANT that limited edtion tin and the goodie bag.

anyway i'll see you there.

When you go to meet each other, take your DSs for some hot wifi action. :)

PS: Make sure Moria doesn't try to snake. I've heard he does that a lot...

I'll be taking mine,I want to verse other people and see if i'm any good or not.He snakes a lot? I'll have to snake aswell then!

I can't wait,so close now.

Well, there were two people waiting outside Game on Oxford Street in central London this evening. They were wrapped in silver Wii branded heat blankets.

The Wii is also on display at the store... And so it begins.

i had a nightmare this morning...

i dreamt that everyone at the midnight launch at my local game took the component cables and when i went in the morning there were none left...

I lay there thinkin 'shit, i'd better go to the midnight launch and make sure i get the cable too'

then i thought:

'hang on.... i'm going in the morning because there AREN'T OPEN AT MIDNIGHT'

Doh....