NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Midnight Launches

Thread suggested by BGS

Friday is only days away, and many (if not all) of us have been told whether or not we will be getting our Wiis on launch day.

However, why wait for that 9oclock store opening?

We want you to tell us which stores will be doing the midnight launch. Maybe even some details about who you're going with, what you're planning to get, etc.

A list will be compiled in this first post, of all the stores which are doing a midnight launch after you post them. You never know, you might see a fellow N-Eer there. :)

The Gamestation store, near Churchill Square in Brighton is doing a midnight launch. I will be going to see a film with some friends, and then we're going to get a drink...to pass the time! Then, i shall we lining up for my Wii.

If you're going to a midnight launch post which one and we'll add your name under the respective launch so you can see if anyone else from here will be there. :)

So, Stores:

Gamestation, Brighton

-Fierce_Link

Gamestation, Croydon

-McMad

GAME, Dawson Street, Dublin

-Conzer16

Gamestation, Grimsby

-dazzybee

-puremagic

Gamestation, Huddersfield

HMV, Oxford Street, London

-darthbane2k

-Dabookerman

-Nintendo Fan

Gamestation, Luton

-Ramar

Gamestation, Stirling

-Moria

-ShadowV7

-Zero

Gamestation, Redhill

-Lazyboy

Gamestation, Arndale Centre, Manchester.

-TakeoMiyazaki

HMV 150 Oxford Street London will be handling the OFFICIAL UK Wii midnight launch party in partnership with Nintendo Europe.

I will be planning to reach Central London at aroun 5-5:30pm and grab a bite to eat. Then aim to be in the store for 7pm and join the line.

The action kicks off from 11pm at HMV, 150 Oxford Street, London with the chance for everyone to come down and play launch game Wii Sports against top sporting celebrities including Ian Wright, Jodie Kidd, Pat Cash and Ricky Hatton.

Wii is already shaping up to be the most hotly anticipated console launch ever seen in the UK with Amazon.co.uk recently revealing that pre-orders for Wii on its site ‘sold out’ within seven minutes of them being made available, making it the fastest-selling pre-order it has ever listed. In addition, retailers including Comet, Dixons and GAME have already announced that Wii is expected to be one of their top selling items this Christmas and demand is already expected to exceed supply.

Those getting there early enough in the queue will be lucky enough to get their hands on their very own Wii consoles, games and goodie bags just in time for Christmas. Stocks are limited so get there early to avoid disappointment.

In addition, the first 200 people purchasing the critically acclaimed launch title The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii will receive a very special strictly limited edition The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess tin to store the game. Frankly, those could be a nice little ebay earner this holiday season for the lucky 200!

I want my Game to have a midnight launch. But instead it looks like a 7am opening on Friday morning. Kind of annoying how I'll need to wait an extra seven hours to hold my precious, but perhaps that time would be best spent sleeping in preparation for the harsh weekend of gaming ahead.

Gamestation in Stirling is having one. Shadowv7, Zero and myself will be there. :)

Are you going to have a meetup with these guys? If you do, take some piccies some you can show us your ugly mugs. :)

I'll be at the Gamestation in Redhill, and i'll be bringing beer. Unfortunatly I don't know anyone on these boards who lives in the area, so i'm going on my own.

*weep*

Gamestation, Luton.

You must confirm your attendance (they should call you if you were allocated a unit), pre-orders only.

Edit - Forgot to state I shall be attending.

Are you going to have a meetup with these guys? If you do, take some piccies some you can show us your ugly mugs. :)

Yeah, I will be hopefully. I'm going by myself, so I really hope I do so I don't have to wait by myself for ages.

We can wait inside the store from 10pm though. :heh:

Also, Stirling rocks because on one side of GS there is Burger King a minute away, then a McDonald's 2 mins the other way. :)

My Gamestation in Croydon is having a midnight launch.

I'll be there. :hehe:

And then 8 hours later I'll be at school... :cry:

Can you add GAME on Dawson Street, Dublin :)

Edit:

I'll probably be at that launch, if anyone from here is going?

Added. :)

If you guys can take pictures of the queues and stuff, and maybe of people purchasing the Wii, that would be most excellent. :)

Apparently... I'm cornered, since the store where I pre-ordered isn't receiving enough consoles for either doing a midnight launch or securing me a console 8th December.

So... since I only knew today, I'll look into it tomorrow, I absolutely can't spend this weekend without Wii (at least I hope).

It's the first time I see a Nintendo console shortage at launch in Portugal, even with pre-orders; I wonder if something is changing, and although I hope so... I want my Wii.

Gamestation, Kidderminster.

And they're only getting 15 in, and have over 60 pre-orders. Go them!

I'm getting mine off Amazon, but I believe Gamestation in Manchester Arndale are doing a midnight launch.

Gamestation, Arndale Centre, Manchester.

i'm going there not sure what time to though, might walk past about 8pm and see if theres anyone there and where they're waiting cos i dunno if they're gunna shut the whole Arndale for a couple hours before letting us in.

anyone know?

You're at Manchester Uni, right? I go there...supposedly the Wii is on tour at the uni on the 6th.

You're at Manchester Uni, right? I go there...supposedly the Wii is on tour at the uni on the 6th.

Man Met i'm sure. its in the Arndale too over launch i think but i want my first experience of my Wii to be when i get it home and have all the time i want to play it, it wont kill be to wait a die to actually buy one.

University of Manchester FTW!!!

Man Met i'm sure. its in the Arndale too over launch i think but i want my first experience of my Wii to be when i get it home and have all the time i want to play it, it wont kill be to wait a die to actually buy one.

University of Manchester FTW!!!

So you go to Manchester Met? We have an identical sounding lecture to the one you're doing on Friday. I'm in 2nd year though.

Yep, we at manchester met will get the Wii on the 6th whilest those COMMONERS at man main will get no Wii!

This is one of many reasons why man met is better than man main :p

Yep, we at manchester met will get the Wii on the 6th whilest those COMMONERS at man main will get no Wii!

This is one of many reasons why man met is better than man main :p

yeah, we just get more resources and more money to spend on our beautiful modern buildings.