NEurope
taiomi

official rare gamecube game thread!

start/select I did the same, traded in a ton of my gamecube games...gutted now...I still have 20ish games but got rid of some real corkers.

I think we're all guilty of that :( Can u believe i traded away Super Monkey Ball? Picked it up again off ebay a few months back, that game is so classy :)

The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Luigi's Mansion

Super Mario Sunshine

Star Fox Adventures

Pokemon Colosseum

Mario Kart Double Dash

Pokemon XD

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Bomberman Jetters

Sonic Mega Collection

Tales Of Symphonia

Baten Kaitos

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

The legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Animal Crossing

Fire Emblem: Path of Radience

Thats my collection, Besides Zelda collectors edition, I'm not sure if anything else in there is all that Rare. Perhaps you could call ToS rare as its hard to find but I'm not sure I would consider it that.

A local gamestation always seems to have a couple of Tales of Symphonia games in stock, but it's never really interested me. I actually finally found Resi 2 and 3 for £10 each -- and the store had two copies of each too! Plucked Luigi's Mansion on the same day, and very glad I bought all of them. Only games I really want to own that I don't are; Pikmin 2 (I think I've got 1... can never remember) and paper mario.

I think Paper Mario was players choice so that shouldn't be too hard to find.

I think Paper Mario was players choice so that shouldn't be too hard to find.

In America. They always have it in stock here (preowned of course) but it costs the price of a retail game, more than preowned GameCubes....

You got point. Like Chrono Trigger for the SNES, not rare but people kept raising their prices. So I wouldn't call it rare, I'd call it valuable.

I would say 'rare' determines how much of something there is compared to how many want it. I could build 30 model houses out of clay, but due to their crapness no one would want them and it would be easy to get one. Or, a company could craft 100 limited edition figurines that thousands wanted.

And given the cost of MGS:TTS on eBay, a lot of people must want it.

I would say 'rare' determines how much of something there is compared to how many want it. I could build 30 model houses out of clay, but due to their crapness no one would want them and it would be easy to get one. Or, a company could craft 100 limited edition figurines that thousands wanted.

And given the cost of MGS:TTS on eBay, a lot of people must want it.

There are games that are just as great as MGS, but only few people have heard about them. You can't compare these to piles of mud, people just don't know about them. That's why they don't buy them.

I'd rather have a game that few people own. That's why that's what rare means to me. Maybe your opinion is different. I agree that MGS: TTS is in some sense hard to get. But it's not the game I would buy for a collection.

Would Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix be a rare game? Couldn't find any PAL versions on eBay and the cheapest on Amazon Marketplace is £40.

It was quite rare at launch due to shortages. Its popularity caused prices to rise. Some people say that it isn't that rare anymore, but I don't really agree with that. I think that it's still rare since you already pointed out that it's hard to get.

It was quite rare at launch due to shortages. Its popularity caused prices to rise. Some people say that it isn't that rare anymore, but I don't really agree with that. I think that it's still rare since you already pointed out that it's hard to get.

Doesent rare mean that it was printed in few copies? But I think DDR is rare, I've never seen it in a store, nor do I know anyone who has it. It was very silent arround the game around the time of release.

Doesent rare mean that it was printed in few copies?

That's what I've been saying all the time. Just read my posts.

I only know one person who has it. It wasn't that good a game though and probably not worth the high price.

That's what I've been saying all the time. Just read my posts.

It's not just the number of copies, it's the number of copies versus the demand. Like I said, if there's a game that people really wanted, even if it had more copies printed than another game by some margin, it could most likely be rarer.

Think of making 10 burned cakes compared to 40 masterpieces.

Bought myself some 'cube games in gamestation today, 4 for £20. Got myself Batallion Wars, Billy The Hatcher, Geist and Doshin The Giant. Though Doshin's manual is missing, though in true gamestation style they didn't warn me before purchase, not that I would have left it there.

Bought myself some 'cube games in gamestation today, 4 for £20. Got myself Batallion Wars, Billy The Hatcher, Geist and Doshin The Giant. Though Doshin's manual is missing, though in true gamestation style they didn't warn me before purchase, not that I would have left it there.

Wow, good choice! I've been playing through Geist and it's really good. On the final stage now.

Oh and Billy Hatcher is TEH LOVE. La la la-la lalalalalala *song goes off in head for the rest of the day*

Doshin the Giant? now there's a game I haven't seen since launch. I presume that's quite rare now as I've only ever seen one copy.

Anyway, I have a copy of Beyond Good and Evil on the gamecube and that's my claim to having a rare game as it took the best part of 4 years to get. Thinking about buying the copy of Twilight Princess on 'cube from my local Gamestation because I know that that'll go up in price over the next few years.

Yeah Twilight Princess on GCN is definitely a rare one, right at the end of the consoles life span, limited amount of copies. I haven't seen one in a long while, if I see one in a local shop, I'm gonna pick it up provided its under £40.

The HMV near me (at least i think it was HMV, may have been gamestation) had a whole shelf of GC Twilight Princesses about 3 months ago going for £20 each. Can't believe i didn't grab one.

Doshin the Giant? now there's a game I haven't seen since launch. I presume that's quite rare now as I've only ever seen one copy.

I picked up Doshin in the second hand section of Game a few years ago. I haven't really played it, but it seems solid enough. Its one in the backlog.

I seen Twilight Princess on GC in the local CeX recently but it was selling at a hight price.

You people and your talk about Twilight Princess has made me decide to play it again.

I wasn't planning on going through it again until I picked up the Wii version at a reduced price , but seeing as that hasn't happened yet , I have just made a start on the GC version again. Brings back awesome memories of nearly 2 years ago , lovely.

And no , I have no plans on selling it :p Sold too many of my Cube games and regretted it.

My rarest GC item might be the demo for P.N.03. It was given away free at GAME when you pre-ordered. Not sure that Capcom vs SNK 2 can be considered rare, I bought a copy 2 days ago at Gamestation in Stirling in the 4 for 20 offer. I also picked up Rebel Strike (no manual), Geist and R-Racer (with Pac Man vs) not bad for £20.

Ah i remember that P.N.03 demo disc at game, i was tempted at the time to put in a preorder, even if i decided to cancel, but didn't. Pity.

Nice about Rebel Strike & Geist (both underrated in my opinion, just played through Geist & finished it a couple of weeks ago!).

I don't understand why everyone found it such a disappointment compared to Rogue Leader, i mean not only did it contain the ENTIRE Rogue Leader as a bonus, but the game had everything Rogue Leader had to offer (with even better graphics), PLUS extra sections.

Because these extra on-foot sections had crap walking animations or weren't as good as the flying bits, this makes the entire game a disappointment?