NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
conzer16

Apple's iPhone

From what I've seen it looks a tiny bit more sophisticated than that. You don't just touch it, you put a tiny bit of pressure into what you're touching for it to recognize it as a "click" and not just an accidental swipe.

The fact that they're making it Cingular exclusive is a big mistake. Whatever happened to SIM cards, huh? Face the facts guys, most of you are just over hyped because you're Apple fanboys. Don't get me wrong, I think it has some amazing features, but I just don't see how this is better than any phone currently out on the market.

Ok, so this is the back of the iPhone. Where's the 2 megapixel camera?

EDIT: It's in the top left corner. Pretty practical place for it.

Oh yeah, don't forget there's also a 95% chance Apple will release a "second generation" model within 6 months of the iPhone's release.

ngbbs45a4cc18d6080.jpg

Yes, could be, but being exclusive is something that made iPod popular. We all know iPods, and they're the top of chain in mp3 players. All the rest looks either copied or isn't practical or is just ugly and not handy. Appple might have had some products that never made it to big public (firewire? Check) but everything with affiliation to the iPod seems to do quite fine. Apple's stock has rissen greatly. Apple is a great company, just becausse they won't let a product leave the warehouse when it's not finished. The iPods works flawless - and I salways use iPod because everyone has tried it once. But switch to any mac product, and you'll notice it works. it works.

From what I've seen it looks a tiny bit more sophisticated than that. You don't just touch it, you put a tiny bit of pressure into what you're touching for it to recognize it as a "click" and not just an accidental swipe.

The fact that they're making it Cingular exclusive is a big mistake. Whatever happened to SIM cards, huh? Face the facts guys, most of you are just over hyped because you're Apple fanboys. Don't get me wrong, I think it has some amazing features, but I just don't see how this is better than any phone currently out on the market.

Ok, so this is the back of the iPhone. Where's the 2 megapixel camera?

EDIT: It's in the top left corner. Pretty practical place for it.

Oh yeah, don't forget there's also a 95% chance Apple will release a "second generation" model within 6 months of the iPhone's release.

ngbbs45a4cc18d6080.jpg

Errrm, I;m certainly not a Apple fanboy. I would really like a mac though. I have an Ipod Nano and love it. I'm hyped for this, even though I probably won't get it as It's way over budget for me, especially as I'm at school.

But it just looks so damn cool! And all the features sound pretty cool. Well done Apple :D

This phone isnt that expensive, it will end up free on some tariffs when it comes out over here.

Handset only, the O2 XDA Mini is £380, Nokia 9300 is £450 and Nokia N91 is £350. All of those can be had free on contract, so that $500 price tag will soon shrink once the network operators get a hold of it

Oh, and Arab_Freak, this looks a lot better than the current bout of 'Smart' Phones. I've owned a few of them and they over promise and under deliver. The web browsing is usually poor even when using Opera and the bundled software is usually inefficient and hogs system resources (N91, at launch each program allocated itself a slice of RAM upon installation until the phone ran out and choked up).

The hope some of us hold in the iPhone is that it delivers a smooth operating system 'out of the box'. Apple have the sort of reputation that says it probably will.

Sorry, i don't like to accept all of Steve Jobs' Apple flavoured ejaculate so I think i'll pass.

Fair enough, but why post about how much they suck?

Ahh, I see. Cheers for clearing that up.

Take a gander on the iPhone page at apple.com at some of the videos, there's a texting one up.

I think it looks really good. I know theres better MP3 players than an ipod, but I find the ipod works very well, and is so hassel free. I may consider getting one of these, though I'm not to keen on a contract, I was hopping to go back to pay as you go by the end of the year. If it would work with those wire-less fold up keybords then I would be very tempted, though I may just wait an axtra year, and by then they will probaly be sellign 20GB versions.

I read that there are more things called iPhone than Ciscos iPhone, meaning that Appe is in their full right to call it an iPhone. I think...

I read that there are more things called iPhone than Ciscos iPhone, meaning that Appe is in their full right to call it an iPhone. I think...

No, Apple bought the trademark - nobody else can use it (or they had an agreement with the company owning it). They announced it was going to be called iPhone, but at the time they didn't have the name yet. They do now, though. And iPhone is an Apple name - nobody else should use it, because it will lose all ti's fanciness.

Cisco Systems is suing Apple for trademark infringement in a US federal court, for using the iPhone name.

Or so the BBC says : HERE

few questions regarding it:

1.) has it got a camera?

2.) whens it out over here?

3.) will you have to pay for itunes music to put onto the iphone or there is a way to get music on it for free?

2mp Camera, Nov, NOT sure i think you can just put music from your computer onto it like a ipod.

2mp Camera, Nov, NOT sure i think you can just put music from your computer onto it like a ipod.
It syncs with iTunes in exactly the same way as any other iPod, and as with every other iPod, you can put your own music on it.

From the sounds of it, there will be a massive price cut not too long after the iPhone is released, as they are initially selling it at double the manufacturing costs. It probably won't take long for them to cover their R&D costs, so after that there will probably by a large price cut.

And LG's touchscreen phone looks quite nice, too.

indexhero20070109.jpg

Teh SEX!

Tell me... I'm going to buy an iBook just for it to match that :shock:

My mum's phone does all that, it just doesn't have a fancy screen, and isn't the size of her hand.

Its ok, I suppose.....

Myself, I will be opting for the mighty XDA Flame when it hits these shores hopefully sometime soon.

Sorry, Jordan. But, you're a big, fat liar if you say that even you are not turned on by this phone. :heh:

Sign in to follow this