NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Synaesthetic? Post here!

Mcj, you're dark purple to me :smile: Fields is this yellow/green blend, Rummy is soft red, and I find Supergrunch to be a light blue.

Well I find Mcj orange, and Fields green. Supergrunch (the word itself) is orange. DCK is a string of different things as it is all capitals.

How old were you guys when you found out about synesthesia, and that not everyone thinks like it? Also, would any of you describe yourself as a bit anally retentive? I dunno why, but it's the sort of thing I'd associate with it for some reason.

I found out a few years ago, when there were programs about it on TV. I also found out that my sister has it as well, and my dad has it a little bit.

As for the anal retentive thing, I wouldn't consider myself like that but then I don't think many people would... :heh:

Edit: Thinking about it, being an ENTP would suggest that I'm the opposite...

Rummy, you are yellow purple and brown to me :)

Thats cool, I'm multicoloured! It really does fascinate me, think I might do my 3rd year project on it next year, although I dunno how I could go about it. As for the anally retentive thing, I dunno why I thought it, I had absolutely no base for it.

Here's a question I asked my the lecturer who told us about it, and she told me it was an interesting question, so I just thought, who better to ask than you guys!

In an image such as this one, which illustrates synesthesia,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Synaesthesiatest.jpg

What would happen if in the black version, instead of being black they were all the colour of either 2 or 5. Say for example if you happen to see 2 as red, and 5 as green(as in the example), what'd happen if all the 5s and the 2s were red, or green? Of course, replace the red and green in this example with your respective colours.

Thats cool, I'm multicoloured! It really does fascinate me, think I might do my 3rd year project on it next year, although I dunno how I could go about it. As for the anally retentive thing, I dunno why I thought it, I had absolutely no base for it.

Here's a question I asked my the lecturer who told us about it, and she told me it was an interesting question, so I just thought, who better to ask than you guys!

In an image such as this one, which illustrates synesthesia,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Synaesthesiatest.jpg

What would happen if in the black version, instead of being black they were all the colour of either 2 or 5. Say for example if you happen to see 2 as red, and 5 as green(as in the example), what'd happen if all the 5s and the 2s were red, or green? Of course, replace the red and green in this example with your respective colours.

Well that particular test doesn't work for me, because I don't literally see the numbers as being that colour. For the record, however, 5 is brown and 2 is blue.

2 is blue, 5 is yellow for me :). I don't see the colours either though, it's just a sort of association I make in my mind. When I think of the number 2, I think of blue etc. Having read various things on the internet since seeing this thread, I think I'm only slighly synaesthetic.

I make my strongest associations with days, dates and times. Today is a very red day, since both 4 and December are red. Mondays in general are yellow, though, and at the moment we are in an orange hour :).

Seirously, I didn't realise that my vey mild form wasn't just something that everyone had, but synaesthetics had more strongly. I've always seen number lines, especially for years (as in 1989,1990) and each year has a vague colour attatched to it. Feelings definately have colours, so I'll describe a bad lesson as a murky brown and my head of department just thinks I'm a weirdo!

Seirously, I didn't realise that my vey mild form wasn't just something that everyone had, but synaesthetics had more strongly. I've always seen number lines, especially for years (as in 1989,1990) and each year has a vague colour attatched to it. Feelings definately have colours, so I'll describe a bad lesson as a murky brown and my head of department just thinks I'm a weirdo!

I know what you mean. Do you see days like a sort of metaphysical calendar in your head?

Kind of.

Years are a coloured list.

but yeah, next week looks a bit like a washing line with post-it notes on. One for each day. But surely everyone has something like that, to keep them organised in their own heads?

Kind of.

Years are a coloured list.

but yeah, next week looks a bit like a washing line with post-it notes on. One for each day. But surely everyone has something like that, to keep them organised in their own heads?

I'm not sure to be honest. We'll have to ask the normal people. :heh:

I don't :P

I don't think I can describe how I see next week, I think I don't actually see next week at all.

Sign in to follow this