NEurope
Nicktendo

10 Most Wanted VC Games!!

Maybe you don't but try not to insult the people that do it.

I just stated the truth. It's not insulting by any means, or it shouldn't be.

Here's one no-one will have suggested. How about Uniracers? Obscure game, so it'll probably never happen, but I loved it, completely unique.

I hate that the VC service is region locked. That's even worse than the regular thing being region locked. What's the point in differentiating the VC titles by region. The whole concept is that people can buy titles they used to play or never got to play. What better way to make money than having a worldwide audience?

I want to play the old Famicom Wars and Fire Emblem titles, as well other Japan-only exclusive titles as Sin & Punishment, Parodius 2 + 3 and some quality JRPGS. I dont mind them being not-translated. Let me decide to buy it or not, rather than Nintendo making the decision for me. It's not like it cost a lot to have it for sale.

Other game I'd like to see are Contra 3, Street Fighter II Turbo or SSFII, Castlevania: Bloodlines (Mega Drive), Castlevania: Rondo of Blood / Dracula X (PC-E/TG16), lots and lots of classic shooters. Im not that much interested in the N64 games, as i've bought most of the popular ones. Im longing for some classic SNES action as well as MD and TG16 games. Two consoles I never got to own.

Here's hoping someone finds away around the region locked VC channel!

I'm totally for the original fire emblems and rpgs that wern't released in europe and us.

If they're going to continue to region lock the games people want then people are just going to continue downloading the roms.

Why should i feel bad downloading something if nintendo made the decision not to sell it to me?

Also want to see the metal gear solids and final fantasy's but can't see the later happening as square still seems to be profiting from them.

Well, at least some of the launch VC games have never been released in Europe before....

Super Mario RPG could be a possibility for Europe right because weren't they close to having a complete functional copy of the game localised for PAL regions but cancelled at the 11th hour?

"Why buy them as I can download them from net?" goes basically to same category as "why to buy food as I can steal it". Downloading roms is morally wrong, etchically wrong and even legally wrong, and I'm not by any means obliged to like "Hay, I'm gonna download romz from net" posts. You can bitch about my attitude, but I couldn't fucking care less.

It's not the same. If you steal something physical, then shops lose the money it took to buy the product, the manufacturer loses money to make the product, and that's not mentioning other fees. Downloading a rom is not the same, it is not something physical, and it is duplicated - not taken away from a store or a manufacturer. And no, it isn't taking away a sale, it just isn't a sale gained.

Downloading a rom is not the same as stealing food. It isn't the same legally, or ethically.

stealing food is about surviving.. downloading roms is about... hmmm.. having fun??

Im don't think im going to be downloading lots of these VC games.. have played som of the older games and it's like "hey.. this is great... then after 5 minutes.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"...

The only game im looking foward to on the VC (if it comes) is Earthbound

1) DKC3 (Purely because I dont have it anymore)

2) DKC2 (Fav)

3) DKC

4) Aladdin (SNES, The girlfriend really wants this, and I heard Capcom did it...Woo)

It's not the same. If you steal something physical, then shops lose the money it took to buy the product, the manufacturer loses money to make the product, and that's not mentioning other fees. Downloading a rom is not the same, it is not something physical, and it is duplicated - not taken away from a store or a manufacturer. And no, it isn't taking away a sale, it just isn't a sale gained.

Downloading a rom is not the same as stealing food. It isn't the same legally, or ethically.

Think about this:

- You steal something from the shop. The people who made the product get their money, and the shop loses a tiny bit of money (to them)

- You steal it digitally, no one gets their money.

The real point should be that it is illegal, you are breaking the law and ripping off people's intellectual property. I think one reason for the VC is to give Nintendo more clout to start prosecuting against people who have emulators and ROMs in their possession, as they can now argue it's directly taking away from their revenue, whereas before things like NES, SNES, N64 etc games are no longer produced.

What about the Super Star Wars games on the SNES? Missed out on those in my childhood, due to only becoming a Star Wars fan 2 years ago! Would also like to see Mario Kart SNES and N64, Paper Mario, Mario RPG, Beetle Adventure Racing and RARE titles of course!

Super Mario RPG could be a possibility for Europe right because weren't they close to having a complete functional copy of the game localised for PAL regions but cancelled at the 11th hour?

What really needs to be localised about it compared with the american version?

It IS the same legally, as in completely ILLEGAL. But it's not even close to being the same morally or ethically. Ive downloaded ROMS, I'm not ashamed, ive downladed music. Fact is, I downlaod stuff I wouldn't buy, so no one loses, now the VC is out I'll buy games on that (as long as they provide them), and if I download an album I like then I'll buy that too.

I have no shame in stealing/downloading off massive corporations, I'd never do it to the indies though and companies I actually like.

It IS the same legally, as in completely ILLEGAL. But it's not even close to being the same morally or ethically. Ive downloaded ROMS, I'm not ashamed, ive downladed music. Fact is, I downlaod stuff I wouldn't buy, so no one loses, now the VC is out I'll buy games on that (as long as they provide them), and if I download an album I like then I'll buy that too.

I have no shame in stealing/downloading off massive corporations, I'd never do it to the indies though and companies I actually like.

agreed i mean downloading things like super mario rpg.Tough shit you never released it here.And really i never saw anything wrong with downloading things that aren't on sale anymore.VC sort of changes this but still.

You know what, maybe you should just get off the topic of ROM use, it's just going to be one of those arguments where both sides are trying to prove their point because they are right in their eyes, and due to that, there will be no winner or victor as the outcome of it, I honestly see this going nowhere other than derailing this thread.

Does anyone know of any other titles previously released in the US but not in the UK? When it comes to VC titles, I'm looking forward mostly to Mega Drive games over alot of Nintendo ones.

I prefer paying than downloading them, though i dont really have a problem with it. I wouldnt have discovered a gem called Advance Wars if it wasnt for a simple ROM i downloaded. The game got me so hooked after the initial 30 mins, I went straight to buy that game!

Im mostly looking forward to titles I never got to play or cant play them anymore, so Super Mario Bros, Super Mario World, Zelda etc. wont be getting my money. Not initially at least.