NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
scott26985

Wii Online

here's by basic question about setting up my Wii at home.

I have BT Broadband and a wireless Router (its an E-Tech) that 2 PCs use. One plugs straight into the router as it has no wireless card and the other is a laptop contacting wirelessly.

I can't seem to get my DS to work via my router (it can't seem to find it). Im worried that my Wii will have the same problem.

Can I plug my Wii straight into a telephone socket seeing as its broadband thats in use? Or do I need some kit to do that?

Thanks.

Consult your manual, BT broadband actively supports online gaming so it is not a problem with your ISP.

Ensure you have up to date drivers, set it up correctly (it's a doddle wth the software provided or on Windows XP default)

Failing that check NintendoWiFi.co.uk or use Google.co.uk for router compatibility.

Might I suggest Googling "Nintendo DS + your router model number" for assistance.

Wii supports wireless out of the box like the DS, however there is an ethernet adaptor coming out soon (inconvenient) your best bet would be to read the settings off your laptop on the DS/Wii manual settings. (SSID, WEP encyption, IP etc..)

you probably have security on your router.

if its wpa it cant work for your ds but it can for your wii

if its wep it can work for both

can someone confirm if connecting the wii is as straightforward as the 360... that is, just enter the wep key and go...?

can someone confirm if connecting the wii is as straightforward as the 360... that is, just enter the wep key and go...?

Yep, it's like that with the DS so presumebly it's aboot the same.

What exactly does an ethernet cable connect to and from. You have to have the computer and Wii in the same room, correct?

Is it Modem to Wii?

so I wont be able to get it "online" before that ethernet adaptor comes out..

hmmmm.. probably sometime in 2007

Wii Connect24 just went on!!!

w00t...only another 1 day 9hrs 7 seconds till can do something with it.:hmm:

Sign in to follow this