NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

Your First Wii Tasks

Right with less than a week to go, how are you planning to introduce yourself to Wii?

Are you slapping Zelda right in that sexy self-loading drive, or are you managing your Wii Channels by downloading Donkey Kong?

Personally, I intend to save Zelda to evening. I'm going to get a couple of Mii's up, namely my girlies (partner and daughter) and one for me. Despite my girlfriend dissing Wii, i'm sure we'll end up plaing Wii Sports and Wii Play during the day - or at least we will when our daughter has an afternoon nap! I might also get Mario 64 downloaded - especially if you get fee Wii Points with the Classic Controller.

You? Whats your plan?

Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda.

I've waited so long for it and now i'll finally have it,i'll put it in the Wii right away after I stop licking the cover :heh:

Once I'va calmed down I'll try another game then check out the Miis,Channels and then Virtual Console then on to my next game!

I'm going to make a Wii, play around with the menus then fire up Red Steel. Saving Zelda until I get back from school I think. Might have a few games of WiiSports/Play in the morning with my family..

I'm going to make a Wii, play around with the menus then fire up Red Steel. Saving Zelda until I get back from school I think. Might have a few games of WiiSports/Play in the morning with my family..

You know you might 'hurt'" yourself or have an 'accident' * if you play Wii Sports in the morning

*Hurt your writing arm or leg to stay off school

First I will setting up the Wii options then updated the system and play Zelda:TP. :D

didnt i see this thread before?Anyway since i wont be getting it at launch.metroid will be the first for me.Cause im getting it when metriod comes out.

My plan is get in at 7am, and instantly run the Wii Connect 24 update to see if my system copes. Then I'll jump straight into Wii sports with my mate/brother,after that I'll probably make a basic Mii and explore the menus a bit. I guess after that I'll play a bit on Rayman and Monkey Ball, then go round my mates house to play Downhill Jam. I won't be playing Zelda until I'm alone, because it would piss my mate off.

i think im gonna start with red steel what with the way you learn to use the gun in game like we learn to use the remote sounds like a good way to start and then will go play on the mii channel for a wjile and get it all set up and then play wii sport and marvel

Make a Wii or 2. Then milk Wii sports. The Red Steel, then monkey balls. Hopefully i won't even get to play all 3 that night, if i milk each game right.

You know you might 'hurt'" yourself or have an 'accident' * if you play Wii Sports in the morning

*Hurt your writing arm or leg to stay off school

Fridays at school are awesome.

5 of us play full-contact water polo, 2vs2 into the same goal.

Most likely I'll get injured there. I almost died last week, someone through the ball, it hit the but pole that the lifeguards use to fish people out of the pool with and it fell down and missed me by about 5cms. I didn't even see it coming, would've hurt like hell if it hit me.

Make a Mii, search Wii, learn the wii remote sensitivity and then the long awaited masterpiece will be shown in my TV. THE LEGEND OF ZELDA TP. The greatest game ever made by humans. The spectacular game of all time will be reborn. The legend iteself. The oustanding game developed by the perfect team of the amazing Nintendo. The gift from the heavens.

My first Wii task will be installing updates over WiiConnect and then making a few Miis and probably other games before settling down for a long-assed play of ZERUDA NO DENSETSU.

I'll probably also pop into town on Saturday and pick up a few extra controllers and such if I need to. Planning on arranging something with a few friends on the Saturday or Sunday following launch.

My Plan:

Midnight; Purchase Wii and controlers and games

Ten Past Midnight; Get Home

Ten Past Midnight till 1 am; Set Wii up, Create Mii, mes around with sensor settings then have a quick go on, Wi sports, wii play, zelda, red steel, gt pro series and rayman.

1am; Go to bed, fetching wii to my bedroom to avoid theft over night (not for sex!)

7am, Hopefully alarm should wake me, then get straight downstairs and do some serious gaming for some serious hours.

Saturday; Go to my friends house for some serious multi-player wii,

Sunday; Put Christmas Tree up, invite another friend round to experience wii, then later take it online download the updates get donkey kong and hope that there are no error messages!

Thats pretty much it!

Wait in all fecking day for someone to deliver it, then depending on what time it arrives, either set it up downstairs for people getting home to play some Monkey Ball and Wii Sports, then take it upstairs for loooooooooooon playing of Zelda.

i'll probebly get my wii on-line and download the update first and then i'll create a Mii and have a little go on wii sports tennis and bowling. After that i'll probebly be playing monky ball and zelda. Then i'll download DK Country from the VC

THERE ARE ENOUGH FIVE DAY EARLY THREADS ALREADY OKAY?

kplzthxbye

What is this guys problem. He seems to be a killjoy about everything.

If we need the forum police we'll call them ok

Set it up, make a Mii, play Wii Sports, then a quick spell on Zelda (don't really want to play too much and get too into it), some Wii Play, and then decide where to go from there.

What is this guys problem. He seems to be a killjoy about everything.

If we need the forum police we'll call them ok

What's this thread for then? It's even stickied.

Seems people are oblivious to it.

Just because it has been reworded from Wii launchs plans to Wii tasks (whatever the hell that is) doesn't mean it's not the same thing.

Its launch week people are excited I think it can slide. You really must be a dork to come on here and try and enforce some kind of law. As said above if we need the forum police we will call

The problem, Nintendork, is that for this time you should stop trying to just be the critic on about everything and live up the hype for once. We're not all cool, mindless, soulless creature of democraty, you know? It's not because there's already a thread on this that everyone just has to hide their excitement in this thread. Why the hell do we even have more than three threads? Pehaps we should fuse everything in Wii General, Wii Games and Wii Hardware. All those zelda threads, component cable threads and other types gone. For-eer. You sound way to burocratic. You've had way to much paperwork.

Don't take it as an offense, but as an advice. Even though I'm no Affinicado...

ON TOPIC: Plug my Wii in, update, play with the remote for a second, arrange my channels and settings, play a bit Wii Sports (wich I enjoyed yesterday when a new store opened and the demopod was on a day-visit) and then get on with Zelda. And after that, get studying again for me exams. Sigh.

is it true you get wii points when buying a classic controller? hadnt heard that anywhere before.

No, you don't get a classic controller with points. That's Japan you're talking about. Here, it's buying seperatly.

TBH I am like a little freaking school girl about Raving Rabbids. So I am not hiding my excitement.

I am not taking it as an offence, but I've just been hanging out on neogaf lately and it just seems to be run better there. That's why I'm less tolerant of these threads which are all personal experiences and plans that will probably not happen for another week.

In fact I'm actually against megathreads also. I think the Zelda one is stupid and I've barely made a post in either of them even though I am proper hyped for that game.. it's just not a discussion anymore whne it gets that big.

F.Link works really hard on the podcast and most people just ignore his hot topic threads in favour of these ones.

Sign in to follow this