NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Reggie talks MMO and Mii Options

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155563

As Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime continues to do his media rounds, he took time to check in on the continually growing reality-spoof MMO Second Life. Looking mostly like himself, Fils-Aime answered a few questions with Reuters news service's embedded reporter.

On the possibility of Wii MMOs:

"The Wii certainly has enough power to drive an MMO and make it totally interactive. Are we as a first party looking at it? Not so far, but are we encouraging other developers to look into this? Absolutely. We believe with the nunchuck and the Wii remote it could be a fantastic MMO.

There's nothing from a pure MMO standpoint in the pipeline but I have spoken with a handful of developers and it's something they're intrigued with." -- Fils-Aime

What about further Wii customization?

"We think the ability to customize your Mii if very fascinating, adding more personality, more information, so certainly that's something we're looking at."

And if you're afraid of breaking your TV, simply practice proper Wii etiquette.

"We keep telling people three things: When you're playing Wii and your hand gets sweaty, you gotta wipe it off. And you have to properly attach the strap, some people aren't quite doing it the right way, which can lead to the Wii remote potentially flying off. And the third piece, a lot of consumers when they're playing Wii Bowling are actually letting go of the Wii remote like it's a real bowling ball."

Who thinks Nintendo will charge for further Mii customization? Luke's already livid and he doesn't even know it.

Having some sort of MMO on Wii would be good, i've really gotten into them. Downloadable/Connect 24 Mii stuff please.

I've always fancied a Legend of Zelda RPG. You pick from one of the races, explore the world with friends and dungeon crawl/treasure hunt. Nintendo have already shown that they can do multiplayer with Four Swords, how hilarious would it be in 3D with more people.

I smell Wii Habbo Hotel with Miis.

Never happen i'm afraid.

In a Zelda MMO, you would have 100s of Links and the odd Zelda being gang raped.

In a Zelda MMO, you would have 100s of Links and the odd Zelda being gang raped.

Ha yeah well no one would be allowed to be link. And gang-raping is something we might have to omit.

I said might.

POKEMON MMO

yeah that would work...

how about a fire emblem based MMO? or another nintendo franchise.. it worked changing phantasy star so why not one of these?

Mario World MMO.

Choose a character from awide range of selectable and customziable Toads/Peaches/Luigis and you guessed it Mario!

Run around in groups of however many the hell you want and thwomp those sons of bitches goombas.

The finale, fight wih an amazing 100 people to defeat the evil bowser!

Powerups inlcuded such as the fire-flower:bouncy:, the mega mushroom for those who think they need it bigger, to compensate in their lives :bouncy: and many more.

Nope, it's going to have to be the Pokemon MMO. With Mii trainers. Just make a gigantic pseudo-corridor world in half-assed 3D and shoe horn Pokemon Stadium into there. That'll do fine.

Hyrule Online would be the perfect MMO for me.

It should take place during the seven years of OoT Link's absence. When Ganon launches his attack on Hyrule. You can join the Hylan, Gerudos, Zora etc. get into the fight in epic battles or work as a carpenter or whatever.

Now if the MMO actually took a whole seven years where the environment constantly changes. New weapons are developed, parts of Hyrule get destroyed and so forth. Then after a few years Ganon wins and takes over Hyrule and the Hylians flee to Kakiroki Village where they organize a resistance group. Then after seven years the MMO ends because Link comes back...

Thing about a Zelda MMO though is that all the players would have to play villagers and soldiers who were only capable of saying one or two things, all the while either rooted to the spot or walking up and down and around the same small area of village. Then most of us would drown once the Triforce gods flooded Hyrule, and that just wouldn't be fun at all.

Zelda MMO would be good if done correctly, could make it so you choose a race (hylian, goron, zora deku maybe) travelling around hyrule doing quests and the like.

Sorry, what's MMO?

Massively multiplayer online. Games like Guild Wars, World of Warcraft etc.

I would have an ejaculation explosion if they decided to make a proper, Pokemon MMORPG.

I want a ninja MMO ^^ I would probably finally stop playing CoH if someone made one as good as the one in my head.

My idea for the Zelda MMO would be that it was based during the rekoning war (probably not the right name for it. The war mentioned at the beginning of OoT). The cool thing about that is that you could have some races who were wiped out.

Pokemon MMO is a must.

The Fire Emblem idea is interesting because i've been thinking about it recently as well, but you'd have to drastically change the series (well for my idea at least).

Everyone picks from one of the classes and they all start of at level 1. There is also a tactician class. If you have picked a standard class you battle in real time, with speed, power, technique, movement etc. all being decided by your class and level.

The idea is to find a tactician to join. Now 10 or so people can join a tactician at any one time. The tactician class is special because they can't be killed, but they can't battle. When it comes to a fightthey can see the whole battlefield, and they advise their group how to move. To join a group they have to ask or be asked, and have it confirmed. You can leave a group, or be forced out by a tactician at any time.

As ever if you're killed in the game, you're dead, and have to start over, past level 10 you can ofcourse promote yourself, and you can only get to level 20 of a promoted class. The idea is that this makes the way you fight, and the competency of your tactician of prime importance.

What I was trying to acheive with this idea is trust in your tactician, and to build up a loyalty. If the tactician helps you get stronger by protecting you in battles and letting you collect exp, then when you grow stronger, you owe it to him to stay with him. And hopefully if you do die, the tactician will employ your reincarnated self.

How about Nintendo MMO

Where you create a character based of traits and have to speak with the Heroes e.g mario,link,etc. to learn new abilities to defet the villains

MMOs take way too much time anyway, I wouldn't start playing them anyway. Seeing the effects World of Warcraft have had on my friends, it's just scary really.

Sign in to follow this