NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dannbrownn

All Your Fears Rolled Into One Thread

So then the wii is almost here, what are you worried about?

no, literally What are you worried about?

I am obviously worried about not getting a wii at midnight or at least on launch, but if i don't i think that i will still live... just!

Anyway i am also worried about how good it will really be, can anything possibly live up to my expectations?!

Is zelda as good as they say? What about the controlls for Red Steel? Are those as bad or good as various sources are saying?

Also what if the console breaks? there will be none in stock to replace them in the shops so they will have to be sent through the post, which will be a shame!

I am to scared to go online straight away just incase there is a PAL outbreak of dodgy reactions to firmware updates! What if the games make me feel sick?

Anyway that is just a few of the issues i have at the moment, what about you?

(PS. this topic is not intended to be a question or answer thread, just a straight forward 'This is what i am scared of' topic where we can see what might be on the communities minds!)

I'm scared of my Wii breaking, much like everyone else probably is. But the main thing is, my mum has become intrested in it through media coverage. If she swings too hard, we'll be a TV down.

ok so I am worried about:

the lack of first party titles at launch, we do have wario ware and excitetruck to follow but after that its gonna feel like a long wait until smash bros, mario and metroid.

the lack of online gaming, just one game even with a simple multiplayer would have been a sign of whats to come. at the moment Wii does not have an online experience so to speak of, all of your online activity will be very singular and isolated.

Virtual Console Versus the name I coined many a time for multiplayer VC games, why oh why do they not do it?! If Microsoft can do it surely Nintendo can, we've seen people using the cube action replay to run emulators on the wii, wots to stop this continuing, you've got to give people an incentive to pay again with new features, online gameplay, game stats attached to your personal Mii.

please Nintendo....

I can't really say more than this until next week when I get my hands on the thing!

Meh, the chances of you suffering a bricked Wii, or any other nonsense problem that detracts from the experience are slim and none. Statistically speaking.

I am not really that worried about it.. because if NintendoConnect24 sucks I'll just buy a 360 and perhaps sell my Wii.

I can dig that it's going to be free, safe and simple.

But if that hampers the experience for hardcore players. Which Smash Bros. and Batallion Wars 2 are touted to be, then that will be a great shame.

I'm worried about this thing having the massive lack of games the Gamecube had. Simple as that. I don't see too much after launch that I really want right now. I'm hoping it'll be like 360 where we've had shitloads just released.

I'm almost guaranteed a Wii and Zelda from launch, so my only worry is not to be able to get some component cables and be forced to play Zelda on composite. Guess i'll have to set it up on my old CRT if that happens.

My main worry is that my 360 is going to die on me soon. With it coming to a year i've been getting nervous when i turn it on not to mention its been crashing a lot on Rainbow Six.

Saying that lately i've been having second thoughts about the Wii although I went through this about a month ago and then when I played it those doubts were gone. Once i've played it again im sure it'll all be fine

My main worry is that my 360 is going to die on me soon. With it coming to a year i've been getting nervous when i turn it on not to mention its been crashing a lot on Rainbow Six.

Chris Moyles' died last night.

Lack of third party exclusive games

At least we have our 360's for those. This is going to be my first time owning two consoles so its going to be nice to get those games that never came out on the Nintendo before

I'm worried I'll get stuck in some kind of Groundhog Day. Knowing my luck it will be the Thursday before launch. Over and over and over.

If it makes some of you feel better about your Wii breaking... then you might like to know that you're more likely to die while going to get your Wii than the said Wii breaking

im mainly worried that i may fall asleep and wake up in the future a bit like that erick cartmen kid......im worried that santa may not actualy be real and be draggin his fat booty through my non excisting smokey joe house pipe

but mainly im most worried about the fact that i have no pre order console and that im going to get burnt on release as the stats for the release date in america makes me wince.

im worried that theirs no rumble in my pack.

I'm worried that i just won't get one at launch. I've got a pre-order, but i'm worried i'll get to the store and they'll say "uhh..sorry."

Also a bit worried about money. Being a student isn't easy. I've been looking every for a damn job and nobody gets back to me.

Fierce_LiNk evolved into a very, very aNgry_LiNk

Also a bit worried about money. Being a student isn't easy. I've been looking every for a damn job and nobody gets back to me.

yeah I have those worries to...I have a job, but still doesn't make it abit of a squeeze to afford a Wii

I'm worried I won't get one. I had to have my Gamestation preorder (which I got on the second day they were doing them) moved to another branch after my local one closed down, and I'm worried they messed it up. They've phone some people so far, but not me, and I'm getting more anxious.

I'm worried I won't get one. I had to have my Gamestation preorder (which I got on the second day they were doing them) moved to another branch after my local one closed down, and I'm worried they messed it up. They've phone some people so far, but not me, and I'm getting more anxious.

That sounds pretty damn scary!

Anyway, i saw my first ever Wii game in the flesh today!!!

The man that i am getting me wii from had a delivery of Call of Duty, even though i don't want it, it looked amazing in its white box with it's contempary sleek white finish, and seeing it still in the clear wrapping sparkling as if it was encased in a water of excellence... ahhh magic!

Waking up every mroning, thinking it's Friday. Yesturday morning i woke up and thought "Yes, 7 days till Wii", then realsied it was Thursday.

I'm worried I wonlt enjoy it as much as I think I will.. or that I'll end up thinking "I prefer a normal joypad.."

..not very worried though :heh:

Sign in to follow this