NEurope
Nintendork

SSX Blur

Thats been the same in any SSX hasn't it? Didn't Tricky have a combo at the bottom of the screen?

That's me gotten a few uber tricks going aswell now. <3 this game :D

How are the 2 player conditions in this game? Is it possible for a second player to add stats or somehow choose a maxed out character to play against you? Do stats even play into this iteration?

The reason I ask is because SSX3 was totally broken when it came to playing with friends, as you'd give anyone a right ripping with your snazzed up career character.

How are the 2 player conditions in this game? Is it possible for a second player to add stats or somehow choose a maxed out character to play against you? Do stats even play into this iteration?

The reason I ask is because SSX3 was totally broken when it came to playing with friends, as you'd give anyone a right ripping with your snazzed up career character.

Well, what I did is just copy your char files in SSX3 and give them their own name, so that your friend's character is the same as yours :)

I hope the same can be done in SSX Blur, I'm still not sure whether this game is worth it's money because I already have SSX 3 and SSX on Tour (PSP).

anyone got this running it on a hdtv? cause it doesn't quite seem to widescreen properly in hdtv mode for me, anyone else seeing this?

Yeah, I'm back to not being able to play this. Peak 2 is much more annoying than 1 with courses that have a tree round every corner or a well placed rock.... Don't know if I can be bothered with it anymore.

I'm definitely finding peak 2 a lot harder but still liking it. I think the key to enjoying this game is to savour the experience, rather than striving to complete it within a couple of weeks. The whole way the game is set up is about exploration so I'm not getting too frustrated that I'm not moving onto peak 3. There are heaps of collectables and things to unlock so I still feel like I'm making progress.

Yeah, I'm back to not being able to play this. Peak 2 is much more annoying than 1 with courses that have a tree round every corner or a well placed rock.... Don't know if I can be bothered with it anymore.

Thats strange - I actually found Peak 2 a lot easier than the 1st (I just put this down to the fact that I finally have a proper grasp on the controls) and have breezed through most of the events.

I still need to get round to exploring it a bit more though because Peak 3 is giving me a mare.

I'm going to get this as soon as I've S'd everything in Excite Truck, which will probably be tomorrow. It looks great, after the learning curve.

God I fucking hate SSX Blur/controls. What the FUCK is the point of Wii game developers TACKING ON shite controls that DO NOT WORK OR MAKE SENDE just because the Wii is capable.

Example =

Metroid Controls = Awesome because it makes sense

Wii Sports = Awesome, it obviously works

Sonic = Awful, whats the point? The thrusting forward motion works HORRIBLY.

SSX Blur = Carving = good, Rest of controls = Absolutely hurrendously awful. Doesnt feel nice or satisfying to do anything, just feels a mess.

I cant wait for the good Wii games.

Finally managed to do all 10 tourneys (although apparently there is an 11th out there somewhere).

Peak 3 is still a nightmare and I still need to get a few more medals on that , and a few challenges still to seek out.

Personally I can't see what the problem is with the controls , there are about 5 ubers that I can now land regularly and every thing else seems like second nature now.

Really enjoying this and have got a fair few hours out of it so far and will probably go through it again with a couple more characters.

Just got it. It's probably the first depthy Wii game I've got.

since i got this ive only played it once, just been too busy with life and a bit of virtua tennis 3 :D

so is it worth gettin into or wot?

In my opinion, No. But everyone here seems to love it, so dont listen to me.

How long have you played it for, ReZourceman?

I really didn't get the ubertrick controls at first, but then, after much frustration, I realized you have to let go of A as soon as you finish the shape.

In my opinion, No. But everyone here seems to love it, so dont listen to me.

Seems to be the thing to do. I'm sorry man.:cry:

People who hate this game just suck at the controls, people who suck at these controls probably just suck.

I don't have this game, but I would not give up so easily if I had bought it.

People who hate this game just suck at the controls, people who suck at these controls probably just suck.

Hehehehe, you moan at the people who are complaining about the controls but then you admit you don't own it yourself..... riiiiiiight.

Haha. thomaschung = Retard.

Im fine at the controls, I understand them and such, I just hate them! I dont feel it to be satisfying.

This arrived yesterday and I've put a few hours in so far.

I do think the Uber Tricks are a bit too hit-and-miss, but I can do one or two fairly consistently. Still, it's frustrating that you can seemingly make exactly the same motion twice and for it not to work the second time.

I'm not really having a problem with the controls other than that, although I have set carving to Nunchuck-only, as I find it feels a lot better than having to use the analogue as well. I also think it's a bit strange that it doesn't seem to mention boosting or lip tricks in the actual game, and I only found out about them after reading the manual.

I've unlocked Peak 2 but haven't really done any of the events on it, but they do seem quite a lot harder than Peak 1 with far more obstacles placed in annoying places. I think I just need to upgrade my rider a bit.

Incidentally, I like the interactive music; I've never enjoyed the shoehorning of EA Traxs into everything.

Wow. I just read this:

I think I just need to upgrade my rider a bit.

And realised why it suddenly got alot harder.

I realise this is a bit of a bump, but the game is still pretty recent and I think it deserves more exposure as it's a genuinely good game.

Anyway, having unlocked Peak 3 since my last post I've finally gotten the hang of Uber Tricks. I realised I've been doing it wrong all this time, which is why they were so hit-and-miss.

I was trying to 'draw' the shapes with the Wiimote, almost as if I were tracing something on the screen using the cursor, but that isn't how you do it at all; in my defence I don't think the game explains it as well as it should. What you actually do is hold the Wiimote level, as in with the buttons facing up, and trace the symbol in the air with the remote itself.

There's probably quite a few people that think I've just been idiotic, and it does seem obvious now, but I'm sure I can't be the only one that misunderstood how you were supposed to make the symbols. I now have no problems with stringing Uber Tricks together — it's easy when you know how.