NEurope
Nintendork

1 day to go!

I haven't pre ordered a wii and just found out i have to work on the 8th :( but i can come in late which is cool just hope i can find one from somewhere.

I found out that I have an exam on the 8th, so i wont be getting my Wii till about this time next friday. Im skipping this lesson next week :D

I have 'othordontist'.

Ill be at Gamestation this time next week. Man, these weeks have flown b, i can't believe it's already been 2 weeks since Children in Need. COme on, i hope this next week flies by.

Well guys just had a play on my gamecube for the last time. Was the first time i've used it since August 2005. Has a quick game of Donkey Konga and Smash Bros Melee. Was gonna do OOT once more but i've still gotta finish Rainbow Six by Friday so went against that idea. Just gotta hunt for that bloody box now for when i trade it in.

i'm really excited now as well, we just got the wii demo unit in today, 30 minutes before I finished, lucky:), we can't turn it on until wednesday though:(, got a quick hold of the wii mote though:) its really small and sweet!

PS. we also got a small number of call of duty 3 for the Wii in today and I think we can sell them, like play.com has already.

This time next week I'll have already played Zelda for about 10 hours.

Midnight launches are great. :heh:

I went into ASDA today, realising it was the 1st of december already and I didn't have an advent calender, looks like ASDA don't have any either :(. I just wanted to eat it normally until the 8th, then I was going to devour the 9th-24th in celebration before eating my wii.

ok lads i just ordered my wii and accesories and games

Wii(white) with wii sports : £161.99

Wii official components Cables: £15.99

legend of Zelda TP: £32.50

Red steel: £32.00

total £242.48

I stayed after work today and played on the Wii and Wii sports for 30mins..

Cant say that I was too impressed...the Wii couldnt even read what I was doing properly...the ball on wii bowling kept swerving to the right, no matter how i bowled it....i hit the ball in wii baseball about 1 out of 4 times, and would get a foul each time. I couldnt even hit the golf ball in Wii golf because it didnt seem to recognise my swing at all...im really disappointed........ the menus are difficult to navigate and typing on the screen is really hard and slow.. at the moment, it is the least impressive console i have ever played. I would have felt gutted if I got that on release day.

For me, the Wii is going to suck if other games are like Wii sports..playing it was a nightmare and pointless. I havent given up on a game so quickly since Sonic Adventure DX on the Gamecube (remembers camera angles from hell). Oh yep, the graphics are soooo bad!

Nice deals Comp/Sci, I wouldn't expect all that on Friday though.

the great thing about working at a retail store that sells games/consoles is that apart from the discounts (:yay::bouncy: ), i will be able to save one of the said games/console for my self without any preorders :bowdown:

Cant say that I was too impressed...the Wii couldnt even read what I was doing properly...the ball on wii bowling kept swerving to the right, no matter how i bowled it....i hit the ball in wii baseball about 1 out of 4 times, and would get a foul each time. I couldnt even hit the golf ball in Wii golf because it didnt seem to recognise my swing at all...im really disappointed........ the menus are difficult to navigate and typing on the screen is really hard and slow.. at the moment, it is the least impressive console i have ever played. I would have felt gutted if I got that on release day.

For me, the Wii is going to suck if other games are like Wii sports..playing it was a nightmare and pointless. I havent given up on a game so quickly since Sonic Adventure DX on the Gamecube (remembers camera angles from hell). Oh yep, the graphics are soooo bad!

I'm so not getting one now, shit better cancel that pre-order. Phew, saved a good £200 there.

the great thing about working at a retail store that sells games/consoles is that apart from the discounts (:yay::bouncy: ), i will be able to save one of the said games/console for my self without any preorders :bowdown:

Wanna score one for me?

Wow that sounds bad, hope I have a better experience with it. Out of interest, when is the Wii released in Malaysia Pyxis?

I to had trouble on Wii golf. Were you holding the A (might be B) button when you were swinging? Anywho I was but when i swung back nothing happend but when i swung forward my character swung back very odd was probably holding the controller wrong though. Other than that I loved every second of it when i played the wii

I tried doing it on its own and with the buttons..maybe i am really bad! I am left handed, so was trying it with the left handed settings. It seemed to work better when I was acting as if the controller was in my right hand..so perhaps the settings reset after changing games. It made me feel like such a plonker.

I dont know about Malaysia! I was there for a month in August and they dont even sell the DS there. I could only come across market stools selling fake Gameboy games. Gaming doesnt seem to be big in that country. I will be there for 6 months next year, so dont know what I will do.:p

I'm a left hander as well but hold a tennis racket, golf club, baseball bat etc in my right. But because I wasn't thinking of the Wii remote like that I put it in my left and it didn't feel 100%.

<- Essex, and to expect you to post it to me is pretty unreasonable.

I thought it would be worth a shot.

Where do you work and what are the discount rates? Those look like some pretty decent prices to me!

Where do you work and what are the discount rates? Those look like some pretty decent prices to me!

woolies, pay rates crap, but staff discounts is great

the console and the cable are both 10% off of each

and the games where preorded during a special employee discount day to which entertainment goods where discounted @ 20%, sadly moronic manager didn't put my name down for a wii on that day (but he did on the games) otherwise i would have got £36 off the wii, BUT i have been assured they will do this special day again just before the PS3 launch so i should get £85 off the ps3 60gb vr bargain!

this kind of remins me of that japanese film that got butchered...7 DAYS....ooooooooohhhhh

Must...Play...Wii on Friday!

I want to be the first person to say...

One Wiik Left!!

I wonder if I could throw a sicky on Friday :awesome: