NEurope
DiemetriX

Ninty Preparing Big Christmas Surprise?

Rumor has it that Nintendo will roll out one big Wii Christmas surprise. The secret is said to lie within the Wii's interface and channels...

quote:

IGN: “Do we have any more surprises on the way before launch?â€

Kaplan: “We do have a couple of other surprises. You know probably not as big as what you got today, but more details on a couple of different things that I think people… I think your folks will be very pleased about.â€

These secrets are contained in upcoming channels to surface eventually - ones that haven’t been announced. Nintendo’s playing a waiting game on when to reveal this, but I cannot confirm anything other than that. Stay tuned on these developments.

In other developments, you might want to keep an eye on your Wii’s WiiConnect24 service leading up to this Christmas. Nintendo’s sending a nifty gift… a surprise.

A Cwiistmas (sorry) Present from Nintendo would be nice for those who have bought a Wii

I doubt it's anything major. Probably a channel where you can post pictures or something.

*recalls BIG secret from before*

Eh, I'd go with some so insignificant people will still be anticipated it after it's passed.

I imagine it would be more along the lines of Christmas decoration. For example it could be snowing in the Mii Plaza, and playing festive music in the background.

It'll be something neat, not major; the press and fanbase are the ones that build 'surprises' up, not the companies.

I'm going with new channels we didn't know about before, dunno what exactly, maybe game leaderboards, for everything? the stats it has on every game how long you've played being viewable to friends?

3D holographic projectors with cold fusion reactor processors, obviously... And a larger hole to insert your penis into it.

Can't wait for fanboys all across the world to start threads on forums along the lines of 'OMFG IT RUNS IN HD!'

A couple new stuff for Mii's? Santa hat.

Could just be small things that in the end we will take for granted. Like many minor things in zelda that i read on one of those iwata asks.

elf-bowling-12-20051214064439445.jpg

WORST DS GAME EVAR.

PS expect Wii Ware.

I used to play that for free on my PC. It was hilarious when I was like 10 years old.

Us early adopters, will get SUPER MARIO WORLD FREE for christmas.:) :) :D

Then they will lower the RRP of the wii to £129. :|

(then itunes a bit later)

They send out a program that turns on the Wii's "full" graphical abilities which have been kept hidden and supressed all this time.

or

The Wii will turn your TV into a wormhole that will allow you to step into the game world and actually be IN THE GAME.

(think the great cartoon that was, Captain N: The Games Master, only with a Wii instead of a NES)

Or an online advent calender, where you play one level of a game each day, collecting "downloadable media" along the way.

I think Iwata will probably send out a note to everyone's Wii note board saying thank you personally. That's the kinda guy he is.

The Wii will turn your TV into a wormhole that will allow you to step into the game world and actually be IN THE GAME.

(think the great cartoon that was, Captain N: The Games Master, only with a Wii instead of a NES)

Pfft, the PS7 will be able to turn your TV into a wormhole that will allow you to stop into TIME ITSELF AND BE IN THE TIMESPACE CONTINUUM WITH BILL AND TED. Wii sucks.

I think Iwata will probably send out a note to everyone's Wii note board saying thank you personally. That's the kinda guy he is.

I won't believe it until he comes to my front door and thanks me personally! Don't tell me its impossible to do that for everyone in one night, Santa manages!

Rumor has it ... Nintendo will ... surprise.

Those words. I can't explain it . . . but it's like . . . I've heard them before or something.