NEurope
Conor_NE

What are your Wii launch day plans? [New podcast Hot Topic]

8th December:

Wake up and go on the internet start rumors about Nintendos new console for realise in 2009.

Don't you mean 2007 mate ;) .

But in all seriousness they probably want to wait until 2013/2016 to release the wii HD

If it's for A-Level, I'd definitely recommend going, I found my mock exams in maths quite handy for knowing what I needed to improve. I think they've changed maths curriculums now though, do you do 3 P modules, 2 S modules and 1 M module? I suppose this is going off topic actually...

I'm not really sure, but what I know of, you may have sad what i do but all i know is we do 3 Core modules in AS. I'm on 2 now. Next year i doubt I'll continue, I'll probably drop it, but probably 3 more of a letter and I'm sure i read of an M somewhere.

Back on topic.

My plan has changed, I am going into College on that day. I will be really pissed off, because I'll probably have my friends all taking the piss out of me cos I'm in, or they'll be nice and say is really gay that I've come in.

So then I'll do my usual Friday and then the maths exam. Then at 1:15, or thinking about it depending on if I will finish the day early or not, I will fake an Orthodontist and go and get my Wii. Then get home, and play it all night, then all weekend. Playing multiplayer Wii sports when i feel like breaking away from Zelda.

What GAME did you pre-order from?

Dawson Street, I guessed they'd get the biggest allocation.

i am going to pick up my wii 7am from game.... go home - quickly - crack open a beer (yes, at 7.30am, these things must be done) and sit back... back a few mii's, then when i feel up to it... load zelda.

i'll likely next been seen monday morning

Getting my Wii at 7am from my nearest GAME store. With Zelda, Wii Play, Red Steel and Super Monkey Ball.

My wii gets delivered to my house on the 8th. I get to my house on the 14th. Six whole days of know its just sat there, unused, unopened, unloved.

i booked this coming wednesday, thursday and friday off work and since im getting the Wii for xmas ill be going "GAH HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 2 WEEKS!!"

o and drinking and prob have a spliff

Goping to work Thursday evening, then coming home and napping/getting homework out of the way until i need to leave for town. Getting my Wii at 12.01 am from my local Gamstation, going home and having my Wii set up by 12.30, load up Wii Sports to get a feel for the console,2.00-play Zelda, when ever i can stop- try Rayman and playing non stop until school. Go into town before school and get alot of coffee, manage my way through the school day and then play until i collapse!

Anyone going to the Red Lion Walk Game in Colchester?

I'm considering it, the manager in there is proper safe (though he didn't give me that job) but I haven't pre-ordered.

They got the most 360s in Colchester so I'm assuming they'll be fairly high up on Nintendo's books too.

I'll probably be between there and Argos/Virgin/Woolworths running around for a system.

I might go to the West Ealing Gamestation at midnight, although it is a fair journey from my house. If I don't go, I'll get somebody to pick it up for me during the day, and get them to email me what they couldn't get. Then, on the way home, I'll pop into Game to see if they've got anything I'm missing and buy it.

When I get home I'll make a Mii, and then play a bit of Wii Sports in single- and multi-player, then play Zelda. I'm going to get loads of drinks/eats on Thursday, so I won't run out. At least that's the plan.

Well I've got work to go to - gotta pay the mortgage! but finish work at 4:10 so will be in Game picking up my Wii with Zelda at 4:30.

Now with a bit of luck my Wii Play and Monkey Ball I ordered will have been delivered to my house (both ordered online).

Get bus home - 30 minute trip! - mega frustrating.

Get home and A) curse the websites I ordered from as other 2 games haven't arrived yet. B) dance a jig as games have arrived and think how I clever I am for ordering online and saving some dough.

Set Wii up make a Mii very quickly. A quick look at Wii Sports then a good Zelda session.

I'm sooooo excited and I'm 36 - I really should grow up! :laughing:

Since I have no clue what day I might be getting it, I'll probably just improvise. :P

Probably go with a friend, maybe 2, to the local shop where we preordered, buy it, go to a friend that has a projector screen and play Wiisports like a couple of bitches. And when I get home, dig into Zelda.

Personaly highlights of buying a new Nintendo console:

- Receiving the Nintendo Wii box from the store clerk

- Opening it at home and installing

Its like Christmas Ultra.

I'm gonna look like such a goof when I buy my Wii. I'm blatently just gonna be grinning like mad. This is my first time buying a console myself and I usually get them online so this is my first console face to face transaction.

Mine's coming from Gameplay, so I'll be waiting for a delivery to begin with.

The first few things I plan to do once it's physically set up are; configure the basic settings, connect it to the internet, have a look at the various features, make a Mii, and play a game - most likely Twilight Princess, or maybe something simpler like Rayman Raving Rabbids that I can pull myself away from more easily to then explore more of the consoles features. I should have at least four Wii games on the day, the two mentioned plus Call Of Duty 3 and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. Possibly a fifth if Far Cry: Vengeance gets moderate to good reviews.

Until I actually start using the console, it's difficult to say what I'll do exactly.

Methinks I'm gonna change my plans a little now, found out my store will open at 7am on friday, so I might just wait until whatever time I wake up and go then, rather than getting up early for it.

Hmmmm i start work at 7 on Friday but Games only about a minute away from work me thinks buy Wii before work and be 10minutes late

I'm gonna look like such a goof when I buy my Wii. I'm blatently just gonna be grinning like mad. This is my first time buying a console myself and I usually get them online so this is my first console face to face transaction.

You're not gonna be the only one. I'll be walking out the store like god knows whats crazy.

This is the...second/third console ive ever bought. It would have been the first console midnight launch I had ever been to but GAME arent doing one...!:angry:

So no GAME stores are doing a midnight launch? If I'd of known that I would of pre-ordered with Gamestation..

Gonna pop into my local game tomorrow trade in my gamecube so i don't have to do it on friday. Also going to take my pre-order receipt as the other day the guy didn't convince me I was getting one he just said i should as i'm number 17 out of 100 or so. Also need to enquire about opening times if it is a 7 opening i'm going to pick it up before work and be late haha.

Bawl my eyes out as I have to pay my uni fees instead of buying a wii.

The Game I pre ordered from in Wolverhampton is opening at 6am on Friday. Its going to be an early one for me!

Wait a week after the Wii is released (stupid tests)

and do something like this:

funnay.jpg

Wait a week after the Wii is released (stupid tests)

and do something like this:

funnay.jpg

I would wet my pants if i saw someone in store do that!

That would be funny.