NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Sony shows off Cell chip with amazing Eye Toy-like demo

From ps3focus.com

The power of the Cell processor was demonstrated with a "digital mirror" at the CEATEC 2005 conference held in Japan.

The booth of joint Cell developers, Sony, Toshiba and IBM featured a real-time "digital mirror" simulator powered by the cell processor. A model was seated in front of the simulator that was then able to display a 3D model of the person that matched the movements and facial expressions (!) of the person in real-time.

Sony also screened a video demonstrating that these techniques could be applied to simulate the full range of human movement. The Cell's remarkable streaming capabilities were also on display, streaming 48 MPEG 2 videos simultaneously. The PS3 will benefit from the high-powered video output ability of the Cell: the processor is able to transmit 3 digital high-definition (HD) channels and 1 analog channel simultaneously.

Wow.. thats cool.

No actually not, they could use it to put peoples faces into games, well that is pointless, but it will sell. Eye toy sold, and this is way more cool.

Wow, that is truly impressive, I didn't think the Cell Chip was capable of such things - I mean I expected him to be pretty strong but that...

well, if u think about it, this is a combined effort by the camcorder sector of sony and the console sector. this is why they are able to make such advances. nintendo do what they are good at, and thats innovating. sony can make advances to what ever they are good at, be it TVs, cams, consoles etc etc

No actually not, they could use it to put peoples faces into games, well that is pointless, but it will sell. Eye toy sold, and this is way more cool.

Ninty allready did this but cancled it thinking it may cuase americains to go mad and shoot there friends in reall life, it was planned for perfect dark.

This is highly arousing. This does have practical applications, you can use it to make models of characters, objects, guns, etc and put them directly into the game, saving a lot of time and money making the graphics - which is what we need. Less money = less risk = more quirky and crazy games.

With this i can become a woman.. and tuch my self... not that i would be a good looking woman :/.. but still..

Sign in to follow this