NEurope
Smiter

No More Heroes

To be honest, I'd be incredibly tempted to contact all the relevant big Nintendo sites and form some kind of complaint against the developers.

What's going to happen now is this:

The number of copies sold for this game will be nowhere near the amount originally expected. The developer's will think "nobody wants this game because nobody wants adult games on the Wii."

When, the reality is, "nobody wants this game because we are not being given an adult game."

What makes the Americans different to us? Sort it out.

well, im still getting it, but if a bloody version of wii freeloader comes out im getting it. its a sad day to be an adult gamer.

To be honest, I was still going to get the game despite there being censorship from the developers themselves.

But, the more I think about it, the more I just don't really want it. I thought this was going to be the Wii's answer to Killer7. I wanted a violent, complex game with no holds barred. I wanted the Wii's answer to Kill Bill.

I wouldn't be aggrieved as much if I didn't know that somebody the other side of the world would be playing a much more fuller version of the same game. What makes them different to us? We're all gamers, so why are we getting a tailored down version? Are we even getting anything that will make up for us losing out on something?

I'll be spending my money elsewhere. I'm thinking of getting Moh: Heroes instead, 32 player online sounds a treat. Sorry Suda, but I'm more than a bit let down.

Hang on. So the version coming out on the 29th will be the shitty numbed down version I just saw in the Video Redshell posted on the last page?

This is the only game I've been looking forward to on the Wii up to now.

As much as I hate this I'll still get it. And update over the internet would be nice but thats doubtful.

I'm very disapointed but I'm still going to get it. heck why would I let no blood get in the way of what should be a brilliant game.

Yeah, I mean how's this for a confusing comparison:

re4vsnmhbd0.jpg

So basically it's fine (in the UK at least) for a 15 rated game to feature realistically rendered characters having their heads blown up in to bloody chunks via a close range shotgun blast, but, it's not ok for 16+ rated game to depict a Cel-shaded characters head even being removed (with or without blood) due to a grenade explosion?

Hmm... logical. :heh:

Having said that, it’s likely that profanity is what’s keeping the PAL version of NMH at a 16+ rating, as without that I reckon it could easily pass as a 12+ title.

Well...first of all it's nothing to do with ratings. Secondly, ratings boards rate different things in different ways.

re4nmhcx3.jpg

The BBFC rated RE4 lower than anywhere else in the world. They don't mind OTT violence. No More Heroes would probably be a 15 BBFC too - either with or without the blood

Well...first of all it's nothing to do with ratings. Secondly, ratings boards rate different things in different ways.

re4nmhcx3.jpg

Yeah I know, just think it's a little bit weird that's all.

No More Heroes would probably be a 15 BBFC too - either with or without the blood
You're right it probably would have been, oh well.

Here's another comparison, just for a laugh :grin: :

tsvsnmhbd2.jpg

only £29.99 on Game now...got an email the other day, means just £19.99 for me cos spent my reward card points!

Got US No More Heroes, should have it in this week ^_^

Sounds good, post some impressions if you can! Really looking forward to this game, blood or no blood it should still be fantastic, I just hope it sells as well as it deserves to in Europe!

It'll still be great without the blood, it's so cool, that it'll probably not effect it at all once you've played it for a hour or so.

Although the blood would of been really cool, i'll live without it. Though that comparison video of the Jap and US release with the grenade thing, I mean surely something mus of fallen off.

shame about having to collect coconuts though.

Yeah, the fun kinda wears off on that one, once you've done it twice!

It's a easy way to get money though, really.

Lawn Mowing with wii controls ftw! erm... maybe not

It's brilliant!

It's brilliant!

If you had to mow on a 4 wheeled mower at 60mph and drift to make patterns then yes.

If you had to mow on a 4 wheeled mower at 60mph and drift to make patterns then yes.

I did the 'mowing' mission today and really enjoyed it, it controls rather well and you get alot of money for not doing much, lol.

lol. Mowing mission! if they spruced it up a bit then id say go for it but atm no.

I was going to get this game, but not anymore. Not on these terms.

I know gore and violence isn't everything, but this is ridiculous and just plain silly. I'm massively disappointed by this.

I guess I'l keep looking to Devil May Cry 4 for my hacking and slashing-needs.

A real downer, for gamers and for Wii.

Yeah, I mean how's this for a confusing comparison:

re4vsnmhbd0.jpg

So basically it's fine (in the UK at least) for a 15 rated game to feature realistically rendered characters having their heads blown up in to bloody chunks via a close range shotgun blast, but, it's not ok for 16+ rated game to depict a Cel-shaded characters head even being removed (with or without blood) due to a grenade explosion?

Hmm... logical. :heh:

Having said that, it’s likely that profanity is what’s keeping the PAL version of NMH at a 16+ rating, as without that I reckon it could easily pass as a 12+ title.

It's certainly a frustrating situation. I've still got a copy pre-ordered, were it not for the severe lack of decent Wii games coming out anytime soon I'd probably cancel it, but the fact is I'll be in serious need of a new game by the time NMH comes out, so will just have to accept it. ::shrug:

RE4 = Violence against zombies...well half-dead things. Not real people.

NMH = Violence against real people (even if cel-shaded, they are supposed to be humans).

Same reason Smash gets a teen/15 rating. Some characters look human.

The BBFC/PEGI are happy for us to kill crazy French cult things :p