NEurope
Smiter

No More Heroes

A contact sequel I say dont bother what a load of over hyped cack that turned out to be.

I like it, especially the levelling system. Prefer to Starfox Command I got at the same time. Whole stratedgy part and barely fighting blows. I only really play online.

Interesting, there's also a P.N.03 discussion today on " Relatively unknown or overlooked Gamecube games that you should own" - think i (and a couple of others) just convinced steggy to buy it!

Bad reviews FTW :P

I like it, especially the levelling system. Prefer to Starfox Command I got at the same time. Whole stratedgy part and barely fighting blows. I only really play online.

nah didn't do it for me, found it boring and I loved Starfox!

Oh and slightly more on topic, you never know without the blood effects the PAL version might have less slowdown. Which could put me back on track to buying the game, but I'll wait and see what the verdict is on here before I get it.

Am I good? or am I good?

Suda 51 decided from the outset to produce two versions of this product. One for the Japanese / European market and a second one for the US market. Rising Star Games was always going to publish the Japanese / European version of this game. We have not censored the game at all. i.e. changed our minds and switched to the bloodless version. I have spent the last two weeks traveling Europe with Suda 51 on a promotional tour. He believes that the Japanese / European version plays faster and smoother than the American version and says he feels it is more enjoyable to play.

http://gonintendo.com/index.php?paged=3

Wasn't planning on watching any more vids of the US version until having played the game, but I caved in and looked at some cut scene comparisons.

This one is particularly flawed in the JPN/PAL release:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lmvwxYtd2ls :blank:

more on this account:

http://uk.youtube.com/user/xserothx

Not bothered about the bloodless gameplay, plus the improved frame rate sounds good, but after seeing some of those comparison vids I just really wish they'd have at least left the cut scenes intact. :sad:

I really wasn't bothered about the lack of blood......until i saw that. That is shit!!! Have they ever given a 'good' reason for cutting the blood?

Gutted, really want this game but feel insulted & short changed, especially after seeing those comparison videos.

Is there any in-game comparisons?

Just cut scenes on Youtube, that was enough lol

Gutted, really want this game but feel insulted & short changed, especially after seeing those comparison videos.

+1

And they try to make us believe was originally like this ... thing? :indeed: Seriously...

Thats pretty bad, i mean nothing happens when she...you know....:blank:

It's got alot of blood i tell you that, so thats not the only cut-scene which will be effected, believe me.

It's great fun just running around finding hidden items etc.. and that doesn't involve the blood obviously! So thats good.

It's such a cool game, 'dialogue' wise as well, Travis is insane i tell ya! His ultra cool, but odd at the sametime, a bit like Donnie Darko! :D

off topic, quality avatar shino, did you make it yourself

wtf is up with the PAL cutscene? ive never seen someone eat a grenade and still retain their head.

thing is this game is hardly goresome compared with resi 4, its a cartoon for christs sake. resi 4 should be censored if this is.

off topic, quality avatar shino, did you make it yourself

wtf is up with the PAL cutscene? ive never seen someone eat a grenade and still retain their head.

thing is this game is hardly goresome compared with resi 4, its a cartoon for christs sake. resi 4 should be censored if this is.

But this game isn't censored...the developers took the decision to do this themselves...

wow. thing is i wasn't expecting it to be bad, they could have at least made her fall over.

what was the reason behind this?

Man I wish the cutscenes still had the blood, kind of weird that you don't see his hand chopped off :/

I was quite happy to accept the lack of blood but the differences in those cut-scenes (intact head , wtf) are really making me reconsider my pre-order.

I was really looking forward to this too.

I was quite happy to accept the lack of blood but the differences in those cut-scenes (intact head , wtf) are really making me reconsider my pre-order.

I was really looking forward to this too.

And if it doesn't sell well due to the lack of blood they'll blame the casual gamers ???????

Can't understand why they've done this.

someone told me that they might release another version that includes blood or is that just another lie ?

I cant believe I´m not going to buy this game, but the lack of blood and the whole grenade scene made me change my mind, IF and thats a big if they release the not-censored version later I would buy it without thinking twice.

And who told us the game where first made to look like this, If my memory is correct the first trailer I saw there is blood not ashes. Cant find the video...?

then we return to the same old topic is it way to late to start whining now the games is going to be release after 3 weeks or so.

Thank you and good day

Yeah, I mean how's this for a confusing comparison:

re4vsnmhbd0.jpg

So basically it's fine (in the UK at least) for a 15 rated game to feature realistically rendered characters having their heads blown up in to bloody chunks via a close range shotgun blast, but, it's not ok for 16+ rated game to depict a Cel-shaded characters head even being removed (with or without blood) due to a grenade explosion?

Hmm... logical. :heh:

Having said that, it’s likely that profanity is what’s keeping the PAL version of NMH at a 16+ rating, as without that I reckon it could easily pass as a 12+ title.

It's certainly a frustrating situation. I've still got a copy pre-ordered, were it not for the severe lack of decent Wii games coming out anytime soon I'd probably cancel it, but the fact is I'll be in serious need of a new game by the time NMH comes out, so will just have to accept it. ::shrug: