NEurope
Smiter

No More Heroes

It's all down to opinion at the end of the day. No one is disputing the fact that the overworld isn't as good as it should be. Some people are of the opinion that this should knock a few marks off of the final score, others are not.

For instance in my opinion any slow down in a console game would knock my final score almost by 10% as I'm of the opinion that there's no reason for it in a console game. Whereas someone else might not be bothered by slowdown at all.

For instance in my opinion any slow down in a console game would knock my final score almost by 10% as I'm of the opinion that there's no reason for it in a console game. Whereas someone else might not be bothered by slowdown at all.

Do you know anything about hardware? No need to answer, it's pretty obvious.

And dock 10%? lol Don't you think that really depends on whether it affects the gameplay or not?

oh thats a relief. I was surprise a non-turd was going ubisofts way.

So, if it was Ubisoft's, you woulnd't buy it, hence priving yourself of a good game and delivering the following message to Ubisoft: "There's no need to sell good games, because people won't buy them. Keep feeding us shit."

Good thinking.

Do you know anything about hardware? No need to answer, it's pretty obvious.

And dock 10%? lol Don't you think that really depends on whether it affects the gameplay or not?

What's hardware got to do with slowdown? It's the software that slows down because it's too ambitious for the hardware. I think it really gets to me as I came from a PC background, where if a game had slowdown it meant something was wrong or it was time to upgrade. Usually if that was the case I'd put the game down and come back to it when it would run smoothly.

IMO console games have no reason to have slowdown, the hardware is set in stone and it should be picked up during bug testing. I think there are a few dev's that don't see slowdown as much of a problem and that it's acceptable.

I can't think of anytime slowdown can happen without effecting gameplay, unless it's during a cutscene of course.

Steggy but I think you argument is beyond flawed and a limiting view on things.

I'll give an example. Say....Mario Kart. 95% of the time the game runs perfectly and is the most intense amazing, exciting game you could imagine. 5% of the time at points where most racers on the screen at the same time, firing weapons and trackside detail it slows down a little. Now are you saying the game should be less frantic (and thus amazing) just so it NEVER slows down?

damnit this game has an awesome soundtrack.

And steggy, things aren't as straightforward as you put them, it should be like that, but it isn't easy to make it so. Won't bother explaining.

Steggy but I think you argument is beyond flawed and a limiting view on things.

I'll give an example. Say....Mario Kart. 95% of the time the game runs perfectly and is the most intense amazing, exciting game you could imagine. 5% of the time at points where most racers on the screen at the same time, firing weapons and trackside detail it slows down a little. Now are you saying the game should be less frantic (and thus amazing) just so it NEVER slows down?

No I'm not saying the game should be less frantic, maybe they should tone down the graphical effects so that it doesn't slow down 5% of the time. Because I'm betting that when there is a lot of action going on, that is the worst time for there to be slow down.

Why not have some options to turn off some effects, so that people have the choice of haing a top notch looking game or one that's as smooth as silk. Those sort of options have been in most PC games as long as I've been playing them. Doom, for instance had the option of shrinking the screen size. Ok those options pretty much have to be there in PC games in order to support a wide specification range, but I think it's something that the console dev community can learn from.

Luckily Nintendo are usually very good in that respect I can't really remember any nintendo game I've played that's had noticible slowdown.

But anyway, my main point is that this is my opinion, and I'm sorry guys but there isn't no budging me on it. But obviously it doesn't matter as much to others.

Oh and slightly more on topic, you never know without the blood effects the PAL version might have less slowdown. Which could put me back on track to buying the game, but I'll wait and see what the verdict is on here before I get it.

Being a framerate whore myself, i'd agree almost fully with Steggy. On something like Mario Kart, if there's a once-off jerk / slowdown when there's a million things going on onscreen, which is hardly noticeable, i'll forgive it. However if we're talking regular noticeable choppiness that stands out and affects the game, it's unacceptable, eg lots of Ubisoft games - the erratic framerates seriously ruined Beyond Good & Evil, Prince of Persia 1-3 and Red Steel for me, even tho i enjoyed the games immensely.

I've read 1 review which said that for them, the framerate actually added to the whole "hand-drawn anime cartoon" style which is an interesting perspective.

Well my order was shipped yesterday (delay in Canada supposadely), so i should have this end of next week!

I'm really, really, really looking forward to it. Alot of the reviews i've read are full of praise, so i'm hoping it's one of those special Wii titles....

Isn't the slowdown in the overworld? and isn't the overworld there just to join the game together?

So why would it effect the action?

Why should they tone down the visuals when it only effects it in non key moments?

damnit this game has an awesome soundtrack.

And steggy, things aren't as straightforward as you put them, it should be like that, but it isn't easy to make it so. Won't bother explaining.

I love the motel and bike music. So good. So very good.

Say....Mario Kart. 95% of the time the game runs perfectly and is the most intense amazing, exciting game you could imagine.

If you think that about Mario Kart, don't ever play Burnout. Your head might explode! :eek:

Speaking in general, I agree with steggy. The core hardware in a given console is set in stone, so developers can and should design their software to comfortably match its capabilities.

Speaking of No More Heroes, I haven't played it, so I don't know how much of an issue its technical flaws really are. Judging by the reviews, not much at all. It is subjective though.

I have this game(I'm from NY) and I gotta say, this game has it's flaws but DAMN is it sick! Suda has a unique style that shines throughout this game. I personally think the music is one of NMH's best attributes. This is exactly the kind of game the Wii needs(great 3rd party support).

I have this game(I'm from NY) and I gotta say, this game has it's flaws but DAMN is it sick! Suda has a unique style that shines throughout this game. I personally think the music is one of NMH's best attributes. This is exactly the kind of game the Wii needs(great 3rd party support).

Couldn't agree more. Never has a game been so god damn cool! Everything is nearly perfect in my opinion, yes the combat is slightly repetitive, but it all works so well you wouldn't care and it's so easy to get into!

Absolutely love it, easily up there with Galaxy, Zelda, Metroid & Zak and Wiki as a MUST-OWN Wii game! This MUST sell well in Europe, it's what games are all about!

Oh and the blood? Well, it's sensational. It's so OTT and Kill Bill, that it isn't 'wrong' to love it. It wouldn't be the same without the blood in my opinion and it's a bloody shame that Europe won't be seeing it.

What a game!

What's "funny" is that the upcoming Ninja Gaiden II for the 360 has super realistic graphics (as opposed to cel-shaded) and easily as much or more blood as the US version of NMH. Have you seen videos of NGII? It's insane, NMH has nothing on it in terms of bloody violence, mainly because it looks like a cartoon and NGII looks real.

Let's wait and see if NGII will be censored or not... :indeed:

Couldn't agree more. Never has a game been so god damn cool! Everything is nearly perfect in my opinion, yes the combat is slightly repetitive, but it all works so well you wouldn't care and it's so easy to get into!

Absolutely love it, easily up there with Galaxy, Zelda, Metroid & Zak and Wiki as a MUST-OWN Wii game! This MUST sell well in Europe, it's what games are all about!

Oh and the blood? Well, it's sensational. It's so OTT and Kill Bill, that it isn't 'wrong' to love it. It wouldn't be the same without the blood in my opinion and it's a bloody shame that Europe won't be seeing it.

What a game!

You know.....it DOES remind me of Kill Bill. This game needs a sequel badly! All they gotta do is fix the flaws and add new content, then it'll be a masterpiece. All my friends have either bought the game or on the verge of buying it(they gotta find it too). I hope you guys are ready to buy this game because as mentioned before, the Wii needs the fans to show 3rd parties that we love the hardcore as well as casual. By the way I love the "chemistry" between Travis and Sylvia. :yay:

7.8 is sort of lowish, but being a lover of product number 03 - another highly stylised game with its own charm that scored low in reviews - I'm not really paying any notice to reviews. You gotta respect the artistic direction of this game, especially as a Wii exclusive.

Damnit now you reminded me that I need to buy PN 03. That perfect ass beckons me.

Damnit now you reminded me that I need to buy PN 03. That perfect ass beckons me.

Ya, you can get it fairly cheap these days, you can snag one off eBay for next to nothing. Its a game where you can see its major flaw, but yet you respect and love it for its unique charm. Games like NMH and PN03 is what keeps me into games, I really can't be bothered buying the other generic 'collect these tokens' sort of games.

No More Heroes was orginally for 360.

In an interview with this weeks MCV magazine, Goichi Suda, CEO of Grasshoper has revealed that the upcoming assisination game starring Travis Touchdown was originally being developed for the Xbox 360 and that the Marvelous Interactive boss tol dhim information about the Nintendo Wii and should produce the game for that console instead. What Suda-San said can be found bellow:

"Originally, I’d wanted to make this game for Xbox 360, actually. Wada-san had information about the new Wii and how the new controller would work before it came out, so that’s why he thought I should produce the game on that format. At the time, I didn’t really understand why, but after seeing and understanding how it works, I think it was a good choice and the controller works really well with the game.”

Currently Goichi Suda is working on 'Project S' with Hideo Kojima, Fatal Frame IV for the Wii and a Contact sequal and expressed interest in making a No More Heroes sequal.

Stay with N-Europe for more news on future games...

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11468

im a gonna get this somewhen. end of Feb right?

should be a fun game, but doesnt the fighting parts get distracting with all the button pictures that come up each time you kick ass?

i thought it would be free flowing but maybe its better like it is...

Is it?