NEurope
Smiter

No More Heroes

I feel sorry for all you guys. I just finished the game today. :D

One of those "would be awesome if it didn't end so soon". Seriously, I could've just finished the whole thing in a single sitting if not for my sporadic playtimes.

I feel sorry for all you guys. I just finished the game today. :D

One of those "would be awesome if it didn't end so soon". Seriously, I could've just finished the whole thing in a single sitting if not for my sporadic playtimes.

Thats why i'm taking my time, going round town, finding hidden items and not actually playing the main-game much yet! I've killed 2 bosses so far, i think...

Thats why i'm taking my time, going round town, finding hidden items and not actually playing the main-game much yet! I've killed 2 bosses so far, i think...

That's what I did as well. I've collected almost all of the "Kolikov" balls (or whatever they're called) and there's not a single dumpster I haven't kicked open. One thing I do enjoy is changing my clothing every now and then. It's fun.

One more thing. Why does it say I need all three beam swords to view the "real" ending? I already have the last one,

the one made from Thunder Ryu's Japanese sword after the 3rd ranking battle in Speed City.

Got it yesterday, really enjoying it so far. It has a really cool retro feel to it and excellent presentation. The amount of jaggies in the graphics is horrendous but the art style is so beautiful it's easy to forgive. Feels alot like a 16-Bit game in a way, like those 2D action brawlers such as Turtles and Gunstar Heroes. Kill, Kill, Kill, Boss, Next level. repeat. It's great fun though and I highly reccomend picking it up when its out on friday.

This game is BEST. Going through it again now on bitter. I have everything so far except the clothes.

I played through the entire games without figuring out the counter and dodging moves. On bitter you'll need to understand them to beat the bosses.Glad some one made a Youtube guide for them ;) You can do the moves from the start of the game if you know how to.

Seriously guys.. BUY THIS GAME.

I'm playing the Bloody US version though.

I would highly recommend buying this and a freeloader instead of the PAL release.

Got it yesterday, really enjoying it so far. It has a really cool retro feel to it and excellent presentation. The amount of jaggies in the graphics is horrendous but the art style is so beautiful it's easy to forgive.

Turn down the sharpness on your TV. Made the game ever so much better for me ;)

This game is BEST. Going through it again now on bitter. I have everything so far except the clothes.

I played through the entire games without figuring out the counter and dodging moves. On bitter you'll need to understand them to beat the bosses.Glad some one made a Youtube guide for them ;) You can do the moves from the start of the game if you know how to.

Seriously guys.. BUY THIS GAME.

I'm playing the Bloody US version though.

I would highly recommend buying this and a freeloader instead of the PAL release.

Turn down the sharpness on your TV. Made the game ever so much better for me ;)

How much of a nuisance is it using the Freeloader every time you boot up the game? I'm undecided which version of NMH to buy for this reason.

How much of a nuisance is it using the Freeloader every time you boot up the game? I'm undecided which version of NMH to buy for this reason.

Using a freeloader some nuisance, and you'll probably love the PAL version. personally I think It's worth swapping a disc every time to play the US version as the PAL version has other things censored out as well. I could never play the censored version now after playing it way it's supposed to be played.

Using a freeloader some nuisance, and you'll probably love the PAL version. personally I think It's worth swapping a disc every time to play the US version as the PAL version has other things censored out as well. I could never play the censored version now after playing it way it's supposed to be played.

Hmm...I guess I'll decide when I get Brawl and see how much it bothers me :p

It probably gets dang annoying for every game, but Im not sure if I will care if I know that I'm getting a better experience. Its different for Brawl because nothing's been cut out, so I dont know if I'll re-order it for an extra 10 quid.

I was just thinking today what would the odds be on this being delayed once more.... however I was in my local gamestop and one of the guys said they did get there copies in today.... but wouldn't sell me my pre-ordered copy early....:mad:

ah well...wait the extra few weeks, whats another few days

I got my email from Play.com tonight to say that it had been dispatched.. though, considering the email was sent around 8pm, I expect it will arrive on Friday and that I won't be lucky enough to get it in a day early :heh:

I'm working 8-6 on Friday though so.. won't get to play it then either :hmm:

Seriously considering picking up the US version and getting a freeloader as well. Just not sure when as I have huge coursework to finish if I want my degree. Thing is, as time drags on, I will see the Euro version sitting on shelves and being advertised and there will be little but will power to stop me from picking that version up. Especially when i get my next loan installment =/

EDIT: Wahey im a regular :D

My copy arrived a day early :D

did the first two assassinations and its really fun so far.

Too bad about the lack of blood though, but i can deal with it.

Got the US version. Never thought I'd live to see the day I'd look forward to seeing the Ubisoft logo on a game again (since they've nothing down the pipeline for the Wii that's worth playing, methinks).

Now just the Freeloader... Anyone knows where to get one from a store - in Belgium?

I got my email from Play.com tonight to say that it had been dispatched.. though, considering the email was sent around 8pm, I expect it will arrive on Friday and that I won't be lucky enough to get it in a day early :heh:

Same 'ere. First time Play.com have failed to deliver a Wii game for me a day before release. Ah well. They've had it in stock since Tuesday aswell, which is werid.

This game is absolutely mental! :bouncy: Not to mention hillarious.

I'm Enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

Just did the 3rd boss battle. A lot trickier than the first two, actually died a couple of times.

I'm still kind of getting used to how this plays though, at first I'd always try to shake the Wii Remote to swing the sword (a la Zelda TP) instead of pushing the A button! :heh:

Another thing that confused me, (and still does) is the sharp turn technique with the bike, when you have to hold the B button and swing/twist the Remote. Can't seem to find a way of making it always turn in the direction that I'd like, not really that much of a problem though as you can just keep turning on the spot (once you start the skid) until you're facing the right way. But it'd be nice to feel a bit more in control, anyone got any tips for it?

The comic strip inside the manual is very cool too, reminded me of the SNES F-Zero instruction booklet.

This game is absolutely mental! :bouncy: Not to mention hillarious.

I'm Enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

Just did the 3rd boss battle. A lot trickier than the first two, actually died a couple of times.

I'm still kind of getting used to how this plays though, at first I'd always try to shake the Wii Remote to swing the sword (a la Zelda TP) instead of pushing the A button! :heh:

Another thing that confused me, (and still does) is the sharp turn technique with the bike, when you have to hold the B button and swing/twist the Remote. Can't seem to find a way of making it always turn in the direction that I'd like, not really that much of a problem though as you can just keep turning on the spot (once you start the skid) until you're facing the right way. But it'd be nice to feel a bit more in control, anyone got any tips for it?

The comic strip inside the manual is very cool too, reminded me of the SNES F-Zero instruction booklet.

I agree with this post. Amazing game. Also, about the comic in the manual: "Good morning, my son."

Twist the wiimote the the way you wanna turn and then press B. Don't do it at the same time. The bike will skid the way the wiimote is twisted. I haven't really had any problems with the bike riding.

Also, about the comic in the manual: "Good morning, my son."
Hehehe! Yeah, pretty damn funny! :grin:

Twist the wiimote the the way you wanna turn and then press B. Don't do it at the same time. The bike will skid the way the wiimote is twisted. I haven't really had any problems with the bike riding.
Cheers DiemetriX, works perfectly.

Going around on the bike is so much fun now! icon14.gif

Is there any way to look around Travis' pad, other than that menu system? I really want to be able to move around myself and check out all the cool stuff from a first person viewpoint. :hmm:

Curses! Can't find it on the shelves just yet! Well, there is one store, but I haven't got the time to go there at the moment. Oh well, guess I'll just see again next week. :wink:

I don't have the time this weekend anyway. It's gonna be rehearsal, rehearsal, rehearsal. The play is going in première next week, so I better start shaping up!

And the search wasn't in vain! I picked up Death Note 13: How To Read Death Note!

Hella yeah! : peace:

anyone buy this from morrissons ? if so how much please? as in game its £39.99 , or is there anywhere else like currys? who may have it cheaper? or possibly does the new Nintendo mag have a £5 voucher?

plmk

cheers :)

Started the NTSC version last night and it's fantastic. Just got enough to pay for the first fight now but it was getting late so I switched it off. It's really hard to imagine the game without blood, it really suits the style of the game.

Right away from the first fight I feel in love with it. Though I hate Sylvias frenchy voice, preferred the orginal one.

just picked up my copy from gamestop, can't wait to get home and play, it's been weeks since i got a new game, i was starting to suffer witdrawl, haha, was tempted to buy random games on impluse to fill the gap but can't cuz i'm tryin to save my money :heh:

Anyway, question, i know there's 2 difficulty modes to start with, but is there a 3rd one unlocked when you beat the game?

And is the first difficulty really easy? I think i'll start on the harder mode, but if it doesn't unlock a 3rd setting i might start on the easier mode so i have an excuse to replay later

Started the NTSC version last night and it's fantastic. Just got enough to pay for the first fight now but it was getting late so I switched it off. It's really hard to imagine the game without blood, it really suits the style of the game.
You'd be surprised, the effect in the PAL version really ties in well with the whole old school / 8-Bit thing. Anyway, it definitely doesn't make or break the game either way. The story and addictive game play is intact in both versions, and that's what counts in my book.

By the way, does the US manual feature the comic strip? Because oddly enough it looks as if it has been censored, :heh: if the one on the website is anything to go by that is:

http://nomoreheroesgame.us.ubi.com/comic3.php

Anyway, question, i know there's 2 difficulty modes to start with, but is there a 3rd one unlocked when you beat the game?

And is the first difficulty really easy? I think i'll start on the harder mode, but if it doesn't unlock a 3rd setting i might start on the easier mode so i have an excuse to replay later

I started on the harder mode, not found it all that difficult yet, well apart from the battle with Shinobu. :wink:

I'm pretty sure there is a 3rd setting once you finish the game though.